Author Topic: Man using racist slurs killed in Waffle House fight in Georgia, police say  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212660704

jpak (37,395 posts)

Man using racist slurs killed in Waffle House fight in Georgia, police say

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-using-racist-slurs-killed-waffle-house-fight-georgia-police-n1076411

JACKSON, Ga. — The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a man was shot to death at a Waffle House after calling other patrons racist slurs and starting a fight.

The GBI says Butts County deputies responded Halloween night to three 911 calls that were minutes apart. The first reported an angry customer, the second reported a fight and a third reported shots had been fired.

Responding deputies found 27-year-old Nicholas Phinazee Bryan mortally wounded. An investigation determined that Bryan "was using racial slurs" toward 36-year-old Robert Lewis Henderson Jr. and 39-year-old Antonio DeMarty Evans. Waffle House staff told Bryan to leave. Then their argument became physical. Police say Henderson fired a single shot at Bryan, who later died at a hospital.

<not much more>

Here's a group of people who claim to be anti death penalty.  Rail against guns, for the most part.  Don't think anyone needs a firearm for protection, especially in public.  Claims the use of a firearm for self defense is a myth.  Doesn't believe you have a right to shoot someone even if they come in your home to do you harm.  You should flee and let them do whatever they came to do.  Stand your ground laws are bullshit ... yada, yada, yada.

Wonder how this thread will go?

Flaleftist (2,297 posts)

1. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

CaptYossarian (618 posts)

2. It must be difficult to get blood out of that sheet you're wearing.

Just bury him in it.

BannonsLiver (7,381 posts)

4. Works for me.

cwydro (34,232 posts)

5. DU is so funny.

Guns are bad until something like this, then posters seem thrilled that someone used a gun to silence name calling. Smh.

I honestly don't know why cwydro posts over there.  For some reason I think she would be more comfortable over here.  Just my opinion.

cwydro (34,232 posts)

10. Yes, it is.

This place is extremely hypocritical at times.

skypilot (8,033 posts)

13. Actually...

...there isn't enough info in this short article to say that a gun was used just to silence name calling. The name calling led to a fight according to this article. No way to know how bad the fight was, how big the name caller was, what, exactly, he did or tried to do in the moments before he was shot. Just not enough info.

LuvNewcastle (10,449 posts)

19. Yeah, I don't like people carrying guns around

to go eat at the Waffle House, but if someone starts a physical altercation with another person who happens to be armed, I can understand why the belligerent one would get shot. As long as the gun owner was within his rights to carry a gun legally, I think this was a simple case of self defense.

BannonsLiver (7,381 posts)

14. Yeah

It turns out people here don’t like violent racists. Does anyone have any pearls I can clutch?

cwydro (34,232 posts)

15. He was violent? Did he have a gun?

We don’t know, do we?

But good, he’s dead from a gun.

Good to know where people stand on gun violence here. Yup.

SoCalNative (3,267 posts)

22. You're right

some of us would have preferred that they beat him to death.

Blue_true (18,035 posts)

33. Yes. I am disappointed to.

The situation covers things that we have tended to have concerns about, many guns in society and using "stand your ground" as a legal defense after shooting someone. To see people basically celebrating the use of both because a racist asshole ended up dead is disconcerting.

Polybius (1,926 posts)

40. There are lot's of hypocrites

Same with those calling Bevin a crybaby and sore loser for asking for a recount. If we had lost by 5,000 votes, the same people would be asking for one.

Not to mention you would have been crying THEFT as loud as you could.

roamer65 (17,335 posts)

46. Typical racist right winger. Thinks of himself first, rather than the daughter.

If he were putting his daughter first, he would have kept his stupid, inbred yap shut.

And it only took 46 posts for someone to finally realize this MUST have been a right winger ... They're slacking.

There's a little more over there.  Most of them calling it a good thing.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Man using racist slurs killed in Waffle House fight in Georgia, police say
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 07:00:38 AM »
jpak (37,395 posts)

Man using racist slurs killed in Waffle House fight in Georgia, police say

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-using-racist-slurs-killed-waffle-house-fight-georgia-police-n1076411

JACKSON, Ga. — The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a man was shot to death at a Waffle House after calling other patrons racist slurs and starting a fight.

The GBI says Butts County deputies responded Halloween night to three 911 calls that were minutes apart.

DUmmies are missing the most important part of this story. 

"Butts County"  Hehehehe.  :rofl:

Ooops my toxic masculinity is showing again.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 07:50:49 AM »
LuvNewcastle (10,449 posts)

19. Yeah, I don't like people carrying guns around

to go eat at the Waffle House, but if someone starts a physical altercation with another person who happens to be armed, I can understand why the belligerent one would get shot. As long as the gun owner was within his rights to carry a gun legally, I think this was a simple case of self defense.
Unless, of course, the belligerent one is Trayvon Martin, and the legal gun owner is George Zimmerman.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 08:08:40 AM »
And now the rumor behind the news: https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/nicholas-phinazee-bryan/

It was Angry Amish.   :lmao:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 08:47:57 AM »
skypilot (8,033 posts)

13. Actually...

...there isn't enough info in this short article to say that a gun was used just to silence name calling. The name calling led to a fight according to this article. No way to know how bad the fight was, how big the name caller was, what, exactly, he did or tried to do in the moments before he was shot. Just not enough info.
DUmmies never give the police the same benefit of the doubt when shootings happen.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 06:54:12 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212660704

Here's a group of people who claim to be anti death penalty.  Rail against guns, for the most part.  Don't think anyone needs a firearm for protection, especially in public.  Claims the use of a firearm for self defense is a myth.  Doesn't believe you have a right to shoot someone even if they come in your home to do you harm.  You should flee and let them do whatever they came to do.  Stand your ground laws are bullshit ... yada, yada, yada.

Wonder how this thread will go?

I honestly don't know why cwydro posts over there.  For some reason I think she would be more comfortable over here.  Just my opinion.

Not to mention you would have been crying THEFT as loud as you could.

And it only took 46 posts for someone to finally realize this MUST have been a right winger ... They're slacking.

There's a little more over there.  Most of them calling it a good thing.

KC

Leftists/Progressives/Commies use situational ethics. They are moral relativists.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 05:14:01 PM »
Despite the alleged racial slur angle, authorities have accused one of the two suspects, Henderson, of murder.

IMAGINE THAT!

You can't murder whitey for saying a racial slur. 

DU is DUmber that DUmb.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.