Author Topic: Whenever somebody uses the "woke" they are just saying they are weak.  (Read 440 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Botany (67,202 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217709931

Whenever somebody uses the "woke" they are just saying they are weak.

Use it "woke" against them.

To me when I now here the right using the term "woke" because intellectually the just can't keep up.

When you hear, "Oh that is woke." That shows that the speaker can't deal with the issues or the facts.
People like DeSantis and Josh Hawley despite their Ivy League degrees either can't keep on what is what
or I think more likely they know the side they are backing "shit is weak."

Woke = Dumb****

:loser:

Star Member Walleye (22,307 posts)

1. They are certainly weak when it comes to English composition

do I need to point out all the grammar issues in the OP?

Beastly Boy (5,714 posts)

2. I would rather keep woke in its original meaning

"Woke" is destined to tale its place in English dictionaries no matter what. The right wing is putting an enotmous amount of effort to make it a derogatory term, bastardizing the original meaning of woke in the process.

I would rather see "woke" as a synonym to "enlightened", the way it was intended to be. To counter the right wing narrative, it may be more effective to describe "anti-woke" to be synonymous with "ignorant", which the rabid right wingers certainly are.

5. Whenever I hear "woke" used I just fast forward to "ignorant."

Agreed that using the adjective "woke" is much more elegant but I don't see that happening
so we should seize their use of "woke" as there are coming from the "no diving end of the
gene pool."

Star Member Peacetrain (22,400 posts)

9. Truly and willfully ignorant.. that is what they have become

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.

To me when I now here the right using the term "woke" because intellectually the just can't keep up.

When you hear, "Oh that is woke." That shows that the speaker can't deal with the issues or the facts.
People like DeSantis and Josh Hawley despite their Ivy League degrees either can't keep on what is what

Woke = Dumb****

Oh Look! It's a lecture about who can't keep up intellectually, by a DUmmy that can't tell the difference between a man and a woman,  doesn't proof-read its posts, and uses 'here' and 'hear' interchangably.

:lmao:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)

do I need to point out all the grammar issues in the OP?

:whatever:

It made me CRINGE as well, Dutch ...

But, is Botany's problem not ours! It simply makes him/her look more stupid than we already thought he/she was!   Poor thing!
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ADsOutburst

Woke = Dumb****

I wonder what the originators of the term would think of this big-brained take...

Offline jukin

WOKE = DEMOCRAT COMMUNIST.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
WOKE = UPTIGHT WHITE DEMOCRAT COMMUNIST.

Fixed that slightly for you, my friend.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Woke, typically refers to a far leftist who uses the 'because shut up' suite of discussion tools.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline jukin

WOKE = UPTIGHT WHITE DEMOCRAT COMMUNIST.

A fine edit providing bonus information.
 :cheersmate:
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

Like calling everyone who doesn't agree with whatever baloney sauce spews from a moonbat mouth or keyboard "racist" cause you can't debate your way out of a wet paper bag IF you had a logical point to start with? 

Granted, there are folks who use woke the same way, but my observance is they are a minority and/or moles/trolls. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Botany

Woke = Dumb****

Whenever I hear "woke" used I just fast forward to "ignorant."

If he had the capacity to edit his posts down to these stand-alone statements, he would be much closer to describing what "woke" means to decent and civilized people.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline freedumb2003b

Woke is aggrandizing victimology using cancel culture to silence any and all contrary voices.

Period.

It is NOT "enlightened" any more than "triggered" means "annoyed or angry."

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
When ever someone says 'racist' they're just saying that have nothing to backup their point and have to resort to name calling.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.