Author Topic: If The Banks Didn't Launder The Stolen Loot And Drug Money  (Read 253 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member DanieRains (4,609 posts)

If The Banks Didn't Launder The Stolen Loot And Drug Money

We wouldn't have so many people fleeing crushing poverty, and risking their lives to get here.

Then there's the Economic Hit Man thing.

Corporate / banking profits always matter more than human lives.

Or any other kind of life for that matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216717874

Banks have drug money now? Who knew!  :mental:

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: If The Banks Didn't Launder The Stolen Loot And Drug Money
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 10:16:35 AM »

Of course! Where else would Big Pharma stash their loot?!? [/DUmmy]
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 10:38:44 AM »
DanieRains (4,609 posts)
1. Baby Doc Needed Banks

To flee and use the stolen loot.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jan/18/haiti-baby-doc-duvalier-court

One DUmp denizen drops the Outrage Scrabble tiles to make a pointless post, and another digs up an 11 year old article to support it   :rotf: This may get interesting.  Will they continue to follow this squiggly line of illogic, or will even they say "no, not touching that one"?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 11:30:48 AM »
One DUmp denizen drops the Outrage Scrabble tiles to make a pointless post, and another digs up an 11 year old article to support it   :rotf: This may get interesting.  Will they continue to follow this squiggly line of illogic, or will even they say "no, not touching that one"?

A reasonably intelligent 10 or 11 YO would understand that whether money a bank receives came from drug dealers or XYZ Widgets Inc., that money is not bank profit. The bank gets profit, if it does, from investing that money. And since money received from legal sources far outweighs money from drug dealers and thieves, banks' profit from money received from drug dealers and thieves is probably not material. In the US, at least.

Maybe Star Moron DanieRains decided to stop paying his/her mortgage during the Covid eviction moratorium, used the money for recreational chemicals or other non-necessities, and has discovered that those months of skipped payments are due, with interest. Responsibility being a 4-letter-word on DU, Star Moron DanieRains lashed out against banks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 11:38:23 AM »
Star Member DanieRains (4,609 posts)

If The Banks Didn't Launder The Stolen Loot And Drug Money

hunter and joe would have a big problem covering up their bribes and other ill gotten gains. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 11:45:16 AM »
when it comes to organized crime, banks do not likely have a choice.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 11:55:46 AM »

I'm not venturing over there to see the context of this post.  I would imagine they are talking about South American countries where the banks do, in fact, have drug money.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman