Author Topic: Burgeoning wildflowers in the mountains where I live...  (Read 523 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member cilla4progress (19,184 posts)

Burgeoning wildflowers in the mountains where I live...

I wonder if it could be related to rising CO2 - climate change?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216686077

That is some powerful stupid right there.

Offline SVPete

Re: Burgeoning wildflowers in the mountains where I live...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 01:29:37 PM »
 :thatsright: It's the annual "climate change" commonly called spring. :thatsright:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 01:38:22 PM »
I did notice it has not snowed these past few months here in the Northeast.  Proof that we are entering a warming period.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 01:42:19 PM »

Too bad the planet does not have a way to absorb CO2 and release oxygen to balance that out, cause that would be sweet.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 02:30:01 PM »
Star Member cilla4progress (19,186 posts)

4. Just been noticing far more wildflowers over past

20 years or so.

https://theconversation.com/yes-more-carbon-dioxide-in-the-atmosphere-helps-plants-grow-but-its-no-excuse-to-downplay-climate-change-130603

Look at that link she posted.  Yes, the beautiful flowers are covering our landscape, but that's no excuse!!!

Cilla is so vacuous, she cuts her own bangs, way up high near the hairline.   :lmao:

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 02:35:34 PM »
I did notice it has not snowed these past few months here in the Northeast.  Proof that we are entering a warming period.

Now you mention it, there's much more sunshine here than there was a few months ago - back in December we only had a few hours each day before the sun set. Definitely climate change.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 03:50:29 PM »
Now you mention it, there's much more sunshine here than there was a few months ago - back in December we only had a few hours each day before the sun set. Definitely climate change.

Now that you mention it, 5 months ago I was checking the weather before running events to see whether I should wear a long or short sleeved shirt. Nowadays I check to see whether sunscreen will be necessary (it will be this Saturday). :-)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 08:38:54 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 07:21:18 PM »

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 11:50:51 AM »
That is some powerful stupid right there.

We do call them DUmmies after all. This is just a reminder as to why we gave them that moniker.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2022, 12:55:52 PM »
We do call them DUmmies after all. This is just a reminder as to why we gave them that moniker.

Most DUmmies, as they say, 'couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom'.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 10:49:52 AM »
And supersonic.

...at the edge of space.