Author Topic: Why, and how is it, after all that has transpired, Democrats are expected to los  (Read 501 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216674379
Star Member kentuck (105,078 posts)

Why, and how is it, after all that has transpired, Democrats are expected to lose in November?

Are Democrats really that poor at messaging?

Or is it that they are very poor at prioritizing the issues that most of America is concerned about?

After all that has happened, including an attempted overthrow of our government, and including the possible banning of all abortions, why are Democrats in such precarious political position?

Why do so many Americans hate the Democratic Party? If they don't hate the Party, then why is it so difficult for Democrats to win elections? After watching the Republicans in action, one would think the Democrats should win by a huge landslide.

But most people think the Republicans will win in November.

Is it really the fault of the media?

Does anyone have any idea why?

(If this is too sensitive of a topic for some to read or discuss, I will delete it)
I have some answers for you, Kentuck.

First of all, there were the lockdowns. Depending on the state, we were pretty much under house arrest. Here in Half-Whitmer's Michigan, you could buy lottery tickets, and weed, but not garden seeds and plants. You couldn't get a screening mammogram or colonoscopy, but you could get an abortion, because (in that dumb broad's own words, "Abortions are life-sustaining." (Like screening mammograms aren't???) We watched small businesses--restaurants, mom & pops, etc.--close their doors, often for good. And when criticized for it, Half-Whitmer whined that her family had been impacted, too, because her daughter missed her prom and graduation.

Burn Loot Murder riots, which destroyed cities, cost many people their businesses, claimed a couple dozen lives, and inconvenienced thousands who got their groceries, prescriptions, and other necessities from stores that are now burned out hulks, as compared to January 6, when a mob of costumed and unarmed clowns stormed the capitol and delayed the election certification for a few hours. Objectively speaking, which was worse, kentuck? And what happened to the perps in both those cases? The George Floyd arsonists and thieves were bailed out and back on the streets within hours, with funds raised by the VP candidate (among others,) while the J6 clowns languish in jail for a year-and-a-half with charges amounting to not much more than trespassing.

Schools. We have been told that our children belong to the radical teachers' unions and their weirdo teacher/members (see Libs of TikTok,) and that if they choose to indoctrinate them with radical gender theory, and radical race theory that is none of our business because they know so much better than actual parents. And if little Johnny wants to wear dresses and be called "Princess" in school, well, they will allow it, and what goes on in school stays in school. MYOB, mom and dad.

The Biden Administration Ministry of Truth, and the attack on Freedom of Speech. 'Nuff said.

Inflation. That affects most of the country more immediately than overturning Roe v. Wade.

Scarcity of items on grocery store shelves. I'm an, um--age-enhanced person, and that has never happened in my life. It's frightening, and reminds me of pix I've seen of store shelves in the old Soviet Union.

The Biden Crime Family. It's been said so many times, but if it were Don, Jr. (or any R son or daughter) with the record of graft and corruption that Joe has, it would be headline news 24/7.

Oh, there is so much more, but my fingers are getting tired of typing. Maybe my CC friends here can add to the list.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Sorry if I duplicate you, Mary Ann, but my own response to Ken Tuck's question:

(a) the worst inflation since James Carter (who was president nearly 50 years ago, remember)
(b) skyrocketing fuel prices
(c) skyrocketing home utility costs
(d) thirteen dead heroes left on the airfield in Kabul
(e) botched departure from Afghanistan
(f) due to a weakened America, Red China poised to invade Free China
(g) due to a weakened America, Russian invasion of Ukraine
(h) loss of energy independence
(i) continued reconciliatory moves towards Iran
(j) riots
(k) general lack of confidence in American institutions dominated by Democrats
(l) "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of wealthy Democrat politicians and celebrities
(m) a president who appears to the rest of the world as a bumbling senile idiot
(n) strained relations with Russia which might lead to a major war
(o) constant attacks on Christianity and Judaism--but not Islamacism--by godless Democrats
(p) weakened police forces in crime-ridden Democrat-ruled big cities
(q) toadying to the parasitical classes

I'm sure there's a lot more.  I suggest Ken Tuck read this list very carefully, mouthing the words, so he gets to understand why Democrats are expected to lose.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

Sorry if I duplicate you, Mary Ann, but my own response to Ken Tuck's question:

(a) the worst inflation since James Carter (who was president nearly 50 years ago, remember)
(b) skyrocketing fuel prices
(c) skyrocketing home utility costs
(d) thirteen dead heroes left on the airfield in Kabul
(e) botched departure from Afghanistan
(f) due to a weakened America, Red China poised to invade Free China
(g) due to a weakened America, Russian invasion of Ukraine
(h) loss of energy independence
(i) continued reconciliatory moves towards Iran
(j) riots
(k) general lack of confidence in American institutions dominated by Democrats
(l) "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of wealthy Democrat politicians and celebrities
(m) a president who appears to the rest of the world as a bumbling senile idiot
(n) strained relations with Russia which might lead to a major war
(o) constant attacks on Christianity and Judaism--but not Islamacism--by godless Democrats
(p) weakened police forces in crime-ridden Democrat-ruled big cities
(q) toadying to the parasitical classes

I'm sure there's a lot more.  I suggest Ken Tuck read this list very carefully, mouthing the words, so he gets to understand why Democrats are expected to lose.
Excellent additions, Frank. I notice neither of us mentioned our southern border. That's a biggie, too.

Offline Karin

Except for inflation, which even they are feeling, nobody over there has a damn clue about any of the things listed so far.  Then you get these guys:

Star Member KS Toronado (7,291 posts)

33. I KNOW we will kick their asses.

Huge Blue Wave coming.

Star Member rownesheck (2,053 posts)

22. The people of this country

are stupid.

Offline ADsOutburst

(If this is too sensitive of a topic for some to read or discuss, I will delete it)

Too sensitive to face the fact that they're likely to lose power? :thatsright: :mental:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Excellent additions, Frank. I notice neither of us mentioned our southern border. That's a biggie, too.

Ohmigod.

I can't believe I missed that, along with the porous guidelines that allow Islamacist terrorists to get in.
apres moi, le deluge

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Star Member kentuck (105,078 posts)

Why, and how is it, after all that has transpired, Democrats are expected to lose in November?

Get out of the echo chamber and you might figure it out. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I can simplify it even more. The bluegrass primitive has been told the answers to all his questions, he just doesn't *like* the answers.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Welcome to a reverse-coronation... 

The outcome is a traditional loss for the media's fave Party, preceded-by the hyper-reality of a journalist against journalist rebranding-shuffle, reminiscent of the Trial Of Socrates.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
I can simplify it even more. The bluegrass primitive has been told the answers to all his questions, he just doesn't *like* the answers.

Nobody has the time (not to mention the patience) or the crayons necessary to explain it to the DUmp Monkies at a level their wee minds can comprehend.  :yawn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

"Journalists", being Dem-shills, are trying to warn Dem voters that unless they GOTV in massive numbers, the Dems face something between a setback and a debacle. And DUpipo, being DUpipo, are shooting the messengers, unsurprisingly. :popcorn:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Nobody has the time (not to mention the patience) or the crayons necessary to explain it to the DUmp Monkies at a level their wee minds can comprehend.  :yawn:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Dramatic food price increases, spotty food shortages and warnings of dire near future food shortages.

If around July 15 when the Q2 data is released and the GDP is underwater for the second straight month we will officially be in a recession.

We are sending the Ukraine billions of dollars in aid while no democrat is lifting a finger to do anything to address the shortage of baby formula.

Local tx increases to fund our local public schools that are not teaching our kids.

Homeless encampments and rampant street drug use while defunding the police and granting low bail for violent criminals.

S&P Index funds where our 401Ks live in the crapper.

All the virtues of the donk party.

"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17