Author Topic: crooked tale primitive setting primitives up for Skins's next fund-raiser  (Read 871 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3713100

Oh now, we know what's going on here.

The Straight Story  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-01-08 12:25 AM
Original message

One last 'post'

He was 27, one of my best friends in my teens. He was in a car wreck, and as he laid bleeding Scott told the person who stopped to help him "Tell my wife I love her". She was pregnant with their first child. He died later that night. Those were his last words, his last 'post' as it were.

My mom's final words I remember were along the lines of "Send him home Mick, he can't handle this." It was the last night I saw her alive, and she was in a state of dementia - but she came out of it long enough to see my pain and send me away so I would not suffer. I heard her saying all sorts of wild things that night, but she had enough strength to come out of it for 'her baby boy'.

In my years here on DU I have seen a lot of wonderful posts from folks. Folks who used Du as their main outlet in life, who spent a lot of time here trying to change the world one heart/mind at a time. Andy/Khephra/et al.

Folks just like you and me.

As we near another fund raiser (and I am sure one is coming up) I hope for folks like me who are trapped in a world where DU is an outlet you give a little something for this website.

And if you can't right now, at least contribute by posting here when you can.

In the 4 years I have been posting here my mom has died, my X wife, found my kids and been through hell over them, my wife has gotten ill and is worse now than ever before, I have changed jobs and my life has changed a ton of times.

And throughout it all I have had one place I could come and rant to.

And in a great part that is in thanks to many of you who have contributed to this site and kept it running.

And in turn you have kept my sanity flowing, you have given me an outlet I doubt I would have had elsewhere. And you have helped my wonderful wife by giving her a place to rant as well.

I don't know what my last post will be here, but I hope I at least have this place to post on for years to come.

During the major storms of my life I had this place as an outlet.

And I thank you all who have contributed to it via money or posts.

If I ever get the chance to post one last post it would be - Thank you.

Oh my.

It appears the crooked tale primitive has indeed had a world of woes, an ocean of sorrow.

It's mostly the primitives being adulatory, as they are with the Bostonian Drunkard or the American Nana primitive.

The Straight Story  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-01-08 12:58 AM
Response to Reply #8

9. Been a bad night, yes

Like many of late. Wife can't keep food down, put notice in at work yesterday, getting ready to move back to Ohio - and the house I was hoping to keep in case things didn't work out here has been foreclosed on, so I am moving back to my dad's basement soon. Got to work out school for my daughter, finding a new job back there, and so on.

She is weak and throwing up again, she can't sleep, got written up at work for missing work to care for her and my daughter - I want to build a career again to make her dreams come true but can't because I am too busy caring for her.

All I wanted was to make her dreams come true, and now I cannot even do that - but I would rather stay at home and care for her than work some corporate job making good money.

Just hard to go into it all right now. Not even sure where to begin

When life gives one a lemon, one should make lemonade.

Always been my attitude; franksolich has made a lot of lemonade, gallons of lemonade.

God heals all.

The inevitable, illustrated with photograph even:

BrklynLiberal  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-01-08 07:13 AM
Response to Reply #9

15. Sending clear thoughts, white light and positive energy out to you and your family.

But this one not illustrated with photograph:

Maat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-01-08 09:53 PM
Response to Original message

17. Positive energy headed your way!

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
This person has posted repeatedly woe is me threads on the island so a bit cautious about things.

Regardless if there is any truth to his post then will wish him the best of luck and hope he realizes that it is in his hands to work things out.

An honest and ambitious person can overcome anything life throws at them.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
As we near another fund raiser (and I am sure one is coming up) I hope for folks like me who are trapped in a world where DU is an outlet you give a little something for this website.

And if you can't right now, at least contribute by posting here when you can.

What's the connection with $kammer? Nobody is this much of an ass kisser.....

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
The Straight Story  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-01-08 12:58 AM
Response to Reply #8

9. Been a bad night, yes

Like many of late. Wife can't keep food down, put notice in at work yesterday, getting ready to move back to Ohio - and the house I was hoping to keep in case things didn't work out here has been foreclosed on, so I am moving back to my dad's basement soon. Got to work out school for my daughter, finding a new job back there, and so on.

She is weak and throwing up again, she can't sleep, got written up at work for missing work to care for her and my daughter - I want to build a career again to make her dreams come true but can't because I am too busy caring for her.

All I wanted was to make her dreams come true, and now I cannot even do that - but I would rather stay at home and care for her than work some corporate job making good money.

Just hard to go into it all right now. Not even sure where to begin

Look on the bright side. He'll save money by not having to get an Ohio drivers license. Or did it expire :confused:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.