Author Topic: primitives discuss "freeper" predicament; Doug's ex-wife being stupid  (Read 1732 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3709527#3709792

Oh my.

I didn't think primitves wandered off Skins's island.

denverbill  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:19 PM
Original message

Long term freeper's husband has stroke. No insurance. What to do?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2054377/posts

I posted one like this several years ago. Almost identical situation. In that case, a guy worked all his life, then his wife fell ill and he lost his job. Suddenly, he was begging for national health insurance.

No clue why this guy didn't have insurance in this case. I feel bad for them, like I did the other guy, I really do. It's hard for me to hold a grudge against anyone in need.

But still, the responses are interesting.

90% of them simply offer prayers, which is fine. No that it will help her save her home or anything, but who knows, maybe divine intervention can help somehow.

The others mostly tell her to call a lawyer (yes, a trial lawyer to file a frivolous lawsuit I guess) or tell her to find a social worker to check into government assistance, which wouldn't exist if freepers had their way.

Oddly, there are no posts extolling the virtues of our health care system. No one asks why she didn't have insurance. No posts call her a leach on society.

I guess it's ok for freepers to use lawyers when they need to stop someone from taking all their assets to pay for their debts. It's ok for freepers to oppose government assistance for anyone except themselves.

Times change. Freepers never do.

franksolich's motto: "franksolich, the same, yesterday, today, tomorrow, always the same."

As Elizabeth I said nearly 500 years ago, "constancy becometh a prince."

Anyway.

TOJ  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:22 PM
Response to Original message

1. Laugh aloud in their faces

Make some posts about how he's responsible for himself and to quit trying to mooch off of us hardworking taxpayers. Then offer to buy him an asbestos to wear when he heads for hell.

nxylas  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:24 PM
Response to Reply #1

6. Tempting, but I think progressives have too much decency

If it's possible to have "too much decency", that is.

TOJ  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:27 PM
Response to Reply #6

14. Yes, that's why we lose elections, let right-wing politicians open gulags, and have our churches shot up by insane devotees on hate radio. It might be time to rethink excessive decency.

tavalon  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 07:11 PM
Response to Reply #6

86. Been here long?

We are not above this, unfortunately, here at DU.

donco6  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:22 PM

2. How can you stand that place?

It's depressing reading stuff there. Always reminds me how evil the human heart can be.

It's a very big bonfire, but here enters the stupidest person on the whole entire internet, Doug's ex-wife.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:24 PM

8. Maybe I should offer to help raise some funds for her.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 03:34 PM
Response to Reply #33

40. Yes, like we did for our sweet Andy.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 06:05 PM
Response to Reply #63

67. Or vilify the organizers or try to alarm the hospital or the local social service providers..

This is a small planet.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 03:41 PM
Response to Reply #41

46. It would be difficult because while we tend to pitch in to help each other

freeps and their sort tend not to. So, they don't really have the same kind of network we did, for example, for Andy, let alone, the same habit of helping each other out. I mean, we had Thom and Mike and so many people putting out the word for us.

Somehow I don't see Rush or Bill in a like role.

If they set up an account, we could give it a shot, anyway.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 05:17 PM
Response to Reply #53

55. I generally don't answer unfairness with unfairness.

It doesn't seem to work out very well.

Don't blow a gasket, pitohui. Nothing is worth that.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 05:26 PM
Response to Reply #56

58. I've had no health insurance for 15 years.

And of course, you are entitled to blowing a gasket any time you want to.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 05:54 PM
Response to Reply #64

66. I do hear what you're saying. It may not sound like it, but I do.

And, you know, it's not up to me to decide who gets help or not. It's not up to me to decide who is decent or not.

Mostly, I don't believe that resources are all that limited. A lot of people including me are in bad shape but that doesn't mean there isn't money somewhere. I don't believe there isn't enough money to throw at our problems. The money is there. The will may not be there, but there is always money somewhere.

So, no. I don't believe that I should refrain from trying to help this freeper while I do what a person like me can also do for NOLA. I don't believe anyone needs to get voted off this little island.

You may disagree with me, and that's of course your right.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 06:14 PM
Response to Reply #70

71. The charity hospital that our fellow DUer wants opened wouldn't ask for a loyalty oath before admission.

I don't want to start a fire either although, it may be too late.

Sorry, guys.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 06:25 PM
Response to Reply #69

74. That was my point. They aren't used to helping each other and so have no network in the habit of helping each other out.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 06:43 PM
Response to Reply #62

81. Do we walk the walk?

This morning I heard a great lecture on expecting less and investing more. It resonated with me a great deal. But that's the same outlook that got me in trouble with our freep friends in the first place. That's okay.

I'll do this. If some freep emails me (and they have my address) an account where we can contribute to this family, I will do my best for that family.

Disclosure: just don't e-mail to sfexpat2000@gmail.com, because that is I, not Doug's ex-wife.

It was a coincidence, nothing more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: primitives discuss "freeper" predicament; Doug's ex-wife being stupid
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »
TOJ  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:22 PM

1. Laugh aloud in their faces

Make some posts about how he's responsible for himself and to quit trying to mooch off of us hardworking taxpayers. Then offer to buy him an asbestos to wear when he heads for hell.

For the most part, if they do work, they qualify for an income tax credit refund. :censored:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
For the most part, if they do work, they qualify for an income tax credit refund. :censored:

Oh, I'm pretty confident the "freeper"'s going to handle this okay.

The "freeper" isn't a primitive after all.

I bet it works out okay in the end.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »
More proof that Doug is one of the luckiest guys in the world.

You know, I think I'm going to take a break of three or four days, from Skins's island, as it got rather annoying yesterday.  Everywhere I went on Skins's island, Doug's ex-wife, the stupidest person on the whole entire internet, was there.  Everywhere.

It's like when one desires a service, a woman offers to provide the service and states her price, one pays the price and gets the service, and the service, completed, is satisfactory.

Which should end the matter.

But no, Doug's ex-wife is like the woman, even though it's the end of the matter (more than a month ago, for example), wanting to be friends, and socializing, with someone who viewed the matter as only temporary, and once services were rendered, it was over.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:39:58 AM »

To clear up any confusion, I was referring to DUmmy's.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »

To clear up any confusion, I was referring to DUmmy's.

Oh.

My mistake; I read too quickly.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:47:44 PM »
sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 02:24 PM

8. Maybe I should offer to help raise some funds for her.

You'd think she'd have the good sense to be embarrassed about this debacle.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 05:26 PM
Response to Reply #56

58. I've had no health insurance for 15 years.

And of course, you are entitled to blowing a gasket any time you want to.

Here's what I don't get about sexpat...how does she get by? Is she some rich dowager with a trust fund? I mean she appears to have NO job (and of course no health insurance) yet she lives in one of the most expensive cities on the planet. I bet she doesn't live in the Tenderloin either. She appears to have much time to reinvent her nostalgic golden years: Dadaist performance art, beach protests, etc. I mean, I'm glad she has something because it appears she has NO marketable skills and she is inching ever closer to retirement age.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »
More proof that Doug is one of the luckiest guys in the world.

You know, I think I'm going to take a break of three or four days, from Skins's island, as it got rather annoying yesterday.  Everywhere I went on Skins's island, Doug's ex-wife, the stupidest person on the whole entire internet, was there.  Everywhere.

It's like when one desires a service, a woman offers to provide the service and states her price, one pays the price and gets the service, and the service, completed, is satisfactory.

Which should end the matter.

But no, Doug's ex-wife is like the woman, even though it's the end of the matter (more than a month ago, for example), wanting to be friends, and socializing, with someone who viewed the matter as only temporary, and once services were rendered, it was over.
Dammit Coach! Now you've got a visual in my head of you using the "services" of sexfat. Way to go. Anyone got any bleach? :-)
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.