Author Topic: primitives have never seen anything like this  (Read 1275 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives have never seen anything like this
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6565228

Oh my.

It's obvious the primitives were never Republican.

AlinPA  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:38 PM
Original message

The entire media is in full-throat anti-Obama mode. I have never seen anything like this (born in 1937 and watching politics since the 50's). Never. They are deathly afraid that he might win and will trash him 24 x 7.

liberal N proud  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:40 PM
Response to Original message

1. It called 'We gotta save McCain's ass mode'

The GOP owns these people and that are going to WHATEVER it takes to insure Senator McGoo gets in the White House.

polichick  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:42 PM

2. They're terrified of a U.S. gov't that represents the people rather than corps.

eShirl  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:42 PM

3. never?

It reminds me of 2000 and 2004.

Oh.  The above primitive must've been Republican in 2000 and 2004, and then saw the dark.

And here she is, Doug's ex-wife, the stupidest person on the whole entire internet:

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:44 PM

4. Remember how they treated Bill Clinton, 24/7.

They wouldn't even call him "President Clinton" most of the time. It's going to be worse this time and we have to be prepared to push back.

Overseas  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:46 PM

5. Wish that would get the American people to RECLAIM OUR AIRWAVES.

But that's just a lovely dream.

Liberal_Stalwart71  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:49 PM

7. We much remember that they aren't bashing him for being weak

They are trashing him because he is strong and is the biggest threat to their economic, corporatist well-being. When Hillary was making the argument that Obama is unelectable, I believe that what she actually meant is that the powers that be would trash, slime and malign him, rendering him weak and ineffective. He is anything but. I commend Hillary for working to help dispell this argument that she so forcefully put forward. She was wrong and has admitted as such. Having gone through this herself, she knows how horrible the M$M and the Repukes are.

Obama is a threat. If he were as weak as they purport then they wouldn't feel the need for bashing.

I dunno.  franksolich bashes Barry "Goldwater" Obama because he's got those funny big floppy ears.

90-percent  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:50 PM

8. MSM should be totally orgasmic over Obama's recent FISA vote. His vote is exactly where they all stand.

I wasn't using those Constitutional Rights, anyway.

jenmito  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:54 PM

9.  I couldn't believe the coverage today of McCain's attack ad and Obama's "negative response ad" and they were claiming McCain and Obama are "tearing each other apart" as if they're both in the mud. Tamron Hall (MSNBC) had the nerve to play McCain's ad, then play the beginning of Obama's response, and then asked Claire McCaskill why Obama attacks back instead of putting forward HIS plan for energy, at which point Claire pointed out that it was NOT an attack but pointing out how MCCAIN attacked, and then he DID go on to show what he would do. The bias is incredible.

Clear Blue Sky  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:56 PM

10. RW media bias on full display...

Mass  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:58 PM

11. Where were you in 2000 and 2004? On a desert island? Or under Clinton?

irislake  (496 posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:58 PM

12. Hmmmm.

I was thinking Obama was almost as bad as McCain. Too far right. A corporate candidate. Agree with Naomi Klein he's no "liberal". But if the media are agin him he must be slightly better than McCain. Too bad you can't elect someone like Kucinich. But then I'm a commie pinko Canadian, eh?

nevergiveup  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 01:00 PM

13. I am almost as old as you and I totally agree. The negativity Obama is up against from the press in astonishing. It will take an unprecedented ground game and hundreds of thousands of new voters to keep this election close. I really don't know what Obama can personally do. McCain has the press in his pocket. I really worry about the debates because the positive spin from the press on McCain, regardless of how he performs, will give everyone on DU ulcers. I ain't giving up but the situation as of now is certainly depressing.

KurtNYC  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 01:03 PM

14. That is their job. Reagan's FCC repealled the Fairness Doctrine

First the supreme court ruled that it would not apply to cable TV and other media, then Reagan's FCC repealed it altogether. But that was only the first major step toward the media environment of today.

The second step was the consolidation of all major broadcast and print media into the control of a few entities which have very similar political interests. During the Fairness era there was only limited reason to own broadcast media eg. to be in the advertising business but after it's repeal owning media became one of the best return on investment opportunities. And many of the major broadcast entities were sold during the late 1980s (including CNN, ABC and many newspapers and radio stations). Owning media allows the owners to control public thought, to decide what is considered by most to be important and to ignore what they choose.

So what we have now is largely a liberal-free media. The range of viewpoints goes from the far right only to the middle. Debate and choices are framed in such a way that progressive options and viewpoints are not even presented.

zbdent  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 01:05 PM

15. They're just trying to show that they're not biased towards liberals despite the RW study showing that they're biased towards McCain ...

Virginia Dare  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 01:09 PM

16. They don't want Obama to start running away with it too soon..

if it's not a horse race then nobody will pay much attention anymore. It will also keep repubs away from the polls, and the Dems will trounce them in the House and Senate races.

Oh my.

I just spilled my shoelaces into my cranberry-and-ice drink, I'm laughing so hard.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lauri

Re: primitives have never seen anything like this
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:34:52 PM »
so, if Obama is so strong, and nobody can beat him, why is the media all upset?

it seems to me that the media is now so obviously caught up in the hype that a few of them are starting to wonder; 'what are we hyped up about?'

Obama has given some good speeches. That's about the extent of his 'senator' job.. while he's been campaigning for president as well.

i cant figure out which way the media is headed.. it seems they set Obama up for a huge fall. Just like all our 'celebrities' .. they eventually get their come uppance in the press.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »
One wonders if the primitives even live on the same planet with the rest of us......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »
One wonders if the primitives even live on the same planet with the rest of us......

doc

No, they don't.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 12:50:08 PM »
Overseas  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-31-08 12:46 PM

5. Wish that would get the American people to RECLAIM OUR AIRWAVES.

But that's just a lovely crack-induced dream.

F1XX0R3D.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
They have to be joking..there isn't a news reporter around that doesn't immediately drop to their knees in front of Obama. Hell, there is a report today that one newsperson was actually crying when offered a chance to be photographed with Obama... :mental: :mental: If you didn't watch Fox news you would not even know McCain was running...morons

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »
It seems to me what the Dummies want coming from the news media is something to the effect of "President Elect Obama is 200 percentage points ahead in every poll but one - that outlier has him ahead by 95 to 5. Obama has already won - To avoid the possibility of Suicide and depression, all former Republicans should either vote for the goodness that is Obama, or stay home on election day. Back to you."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 06:55:51 PM »
The first thing I heard this morning when my alarm went off was some news reporter gushing "BARACK OBAMA!"  Every news report leads off with "BARACK OBAMA!".  Every station break and nightly news broadcast starts off with "BARACK OBAMA!"

If you didn't know any better, you'd think he was the only one running for President.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 07:26:08 PM »
The media is Anti-Obama? What in the HELL are they watching? It's ALL Obama. ...and it's pretty much ALL positive.

These morons are projection artists.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 07:28:26 PM »
The media is Anti-Obama? What in the HELL are they watching? It's ALL Obama. ...and it's pretty much ALL positive.

These morons are projection artists.

Maybe their zeroing in on Obama's comment about calling Republicans racists.

"Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D928S7080&show_article=1
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 09:24:02 PM »
When Saturday Night Live (yeah,real RW show there) can make satire out of the medias love affair with Obama then you know it is past the point of accidental.

That the primitives still refuse to see this and are trying to paint an opposite picture is additional proof of their insanity or dishonesty.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »
Holy smokes!!  Noam Chomsky could read the news on CNN for an hour praising B. Hussein and ripping McCain to shreads, but if he ended the show with "BTW, McCain pet a kitten today," they would claim the whole newscast was RW media bias.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.