Author Topic: Bouncy pi$$ing match. My bouncy's bigger than your bouncy.  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Bouncy pi$$ing match. My bouncy's bigger than your bouncy.
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3025068

LiberalEsto  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 08:37 PM
Original message
I really lost it today with a Republican
 Advertisements [?]I was complaining to a long-time friend, who unfortunately is Republican, about the *******ed banking industry on how many ways they are screwing us now that they are virtually unregulated.

I'm pissed about the huge unjustified overdraft charges my kids keep getting hit with on their debit cards on every little pretext.

I'm pissed about how the only student loans available now are variable-rate ones.

I'm pissed because my daughter's student loan balance keeps going up because of "capitalized interest" that keeps getting tacked on. I don't give a shit what arcane rule they've created to justify this kind of crap -- it's just plain wrong to create student loans like this, when these kids can barely find jobs to make the payments. My kid works at a daycare center making minimum wage because that's all she can find, and she takes two courses a semester. Why aren't we investing more in kids' educations instead of bailing out rich bankers and stockbrokers?

I'm pissed about the ****ing federal bailout of Bear Sterns with OUR tax dollars, while these bank bastards are foreclosing on tens of thousands of mortgages, ripping off what little equity these poor people might have put into their homes, and kicking them out on the streets empty handed with bad credit ratings.

I told my friend I am so sick and tired of what these Republican bastards have been doing to destroy our country and our democracy since Day 1 of the stolen B*sh regime - the *******ed war that's sucking our soldiers' lives and health and our tax dollars. The unjustified, warrantless spying on our emails and phone conversations. The erosion of our civil liberties. I said they were ****ing traitors.

I have kept my mouth buttoned to this friend about rethug politics for 7 years, because we've known each other since we were little kids and our kids are friends. But today I finally HAD ENOUGH.

And she didn't defend them, to my astonishment. She said she knew change was needed, and to hang on because change would be coming this November. I never expected her to take this view, but it seems even some Republicans in this country may have had enough.

I just hope we can survive until January 20, 2009.

Beregond2 (492 posts)      Mon Mar-17-08 09:09 PM
Response to Original message
5. Enough
 I've noticed more and more people lately calling Repugs on their shit. This clown at my gym the other day was spouting his usual horseshit about the Dems wanting to take his guns, and this young guy with two kids went off on him, and didn't back down until the jerk stormed out. I work there so I can't do that kind of thing. I'd been waiting a long time to see it.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

LiberalEsto  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-18-08 08:55 AM
Response to Reply #17
20. Rush, KKKarl, O'Lielly
 and the corporatist media have been feeding sound bites to the morons of America for years:

They're going to take away you're guns.
They're going to raise your taxes.
They're going to give your hard-earned money to welfare queens.
They're going to let illegals from Mexico take away your jobs and take over your neighborhoods.
They're going to let the Iraqis invade us with nooklear weapons.
They're going to let the terrorists win.
They're going to _______ (fill in the blank with another lie). 

That pretty much sums it up. :cheersmate:
aasleka (175 posts)      Mon Mar-17-08 09:46 PM
7. Yeah I went off on my boss today about his politics, he pulled out the liberal
 media line and I ticked off all the scandals swept under the rug ending with the friggin traitors in the White House. I was shocked he didn't know about the "homeland security" shutdown in Ohio November of 04, still believes it's all Armitages' fault Plame was outted, does not know a damn thing about the FBI interpreter cover up, had no idea there were marines kicking through Bin Ladens crap holes in Tora Bora when they were told to vamoose to Iraq etc..

He blew up when I reminded him that Wright was correct in that our policies created inciendary rebels. So much complete lies and bullshit.

I am sure glad he is also willing to listen as well as talk and respect peoples right to an opinion.
still kissin a$$, though.

B Calm  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-18-08 09:32 AM
24. I got into it with a con yesterday who was calling Obama the N word.
 I called him a filthy ****ing trailer trash racist. He said, your damn right I'm a racist. Then he gave his spill about black people being on welfare, blah, blah , blah... I told him their were more white people on welfare than blacks. I said you might even be one of them in the near future with the way the great Bush Economic Expansion is going. I brought up corporate welfare and how it cost more to tax payers than people welfare. It was pretty heated!

Trailer Trash can be taken as a racist statement.  Ever heard a black person called trailer trash?
Lets look at percentages.  There's also more white people that have high blood pressure, but it is still a bigger problem in the black community.  Nice spin, asshat.

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Bouncy pi$$ing match. My bouncy's bigger than your bouncy.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »

:o

I still like to use this one:

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb8P7dfjVw[/youtube]

:p
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »
ACC, I was searching in vain for a new "bouncing balls" picture today, and that was the best I could come up with.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »
ACC, I was searching in vain for a new "bouncing balls" picture today, and that was the best I could come up with.

That's okay.  That pic is just crazy, though. I'm saving it for later.  :-)

I wonder if it's from the same Sony commercial, because the area appears the same. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 04:46:26 PM »
Loan terms are disclosed when you sign on the dotted line, moron.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »

That's okay.  That pic is just crazy, though. I'm saving it for later.  :-)

I wonder if it's from the same Sony commercial, because the area appears the same. 

I think it is.  I found two pictures of the same balls, and one had the Sony logo plastered on it, while the one I posted obviously didn't.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 11:04:01 AM »
Why aren't we investing more in kids' educations

Why are you not saving/investing for your child's education?

Why are you not teaching your child about balancing a checkbook?

Why are you not teaching your child about reading the terms of loan documents?

In short, you have failed at teaching your child about responsibility.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »
Why aren't we investing more in kids' educations

Why are you not saving/investing for your child's education?

Why are you not teaching your child about balancing a checkbook?

Why are you not teaching your child about reading the terms of loan documents?

In short, you have failed at teaching your child about responsibility.
Parents can't teach kids all these things alone.  There is just too much info out there that kids need to learn to become responsible adults.  it is just too overwhelming for parents to do it all alone.  That's why it takes a village to raise a child. :banghead: :hammer:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad