Author Topic: To anyone implying that Obama knew about Wright's worst comments...  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5138384

redqueen  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-18-08 01:05 PM
Original message
To anyone implying that Obama knew about Wright's worst comments...
 Obama said he was present for controversial statements, but not the over-the-top stuff that the rightwing media have blasted for days in depseration.

We all know the man gave more than a few speeches... we're talking decades' worth of sermons here... why pretend that you don't know why there isn't more "there" there?

These comments were few and far between. And you all know it.

Refresh | 3 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Here is the gem.....

class2068 (36 posts)      Tue Mar-18-08 01:10 PM
Response to Original message
1. Sorry, no
 To assert that after 17 years of attending Wright's diatribes plus making Wright your "personal minister" and then to claim you are shocked, SHOCKED! at Wright's poison simply defies belief. Obama is revealed not only as a liar and hypocrite but a race-baiter as well. His meandering speech today was all about race, race, race, from a man who insists he's "beyond racial politics." Obama cannot win the general election without the Jewish and white male vote, and, take it from a Jew, he's just lost that. 
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Get out the 409, the shit is hitting the fan. :hammer:

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-18-08 01:17 PM
Response to Reply #1
12. That's exactly what Rush is saying.
 This speech will be hailed as the speech of the decade. And as Kittykat said, it will be taught in schools all over this country. Obama that rate thing, a good teacher.

He's going to be a wonderful president.

No.  When he loses the election, it will be forgotten.

redqueen  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-18-08 01:16 PM
Response to Reply #5
11. On how many occasions did he do so? How many sound bytes have you heard?
 Edited on Tue Mar-18-08 01:16 PM by redqueen
How many sermons has he delivered?

I'm not saying he didn't say those things... or that on those *few* occasions, that he was feeding the divide and keeping it alive (something Obama called him out for in his speech this morning, in fact)... I'm saying that it's unfair to judge this man on the basis of a *very* small fraction of his comments.

And it's unreasonable to assume that Obama must have known and approved of them, considering how few and far between they obviously were.

You mean like Michael Richards, Trent Lott, Mark Furman, Etc.

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: To anyone implying that Obama knew about Wright's worst comments...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »
Quote from:
BlackVelvet04

16. and nobody told him about those comments? please....

want to buy some land in Florida?

Quote from:
redqueen

21. I take him at his word.

Blind devotion.  The Osama cult members are becoming fully indoctrinated.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:39:11 PM »
Quote from:
BlackVelvet04

16. and nobody told him about those comments? please....

want to buy some land in Florida?

Quote from:
redqueen

21. I take him at his word.

Blind devotion.  The Osama cult members are becoming fully indoctrinated.

Can't change the minds of true believers.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:39:12 PM »
You can judge a man by the company he keeps.
If the Pastor of my Church was also the Grand Dragon of the KKK, I could never get away with justifying his views by saying:

"But he introduced me to my wife and our faith".
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:53:12 PM »
You can judge a man by the company he keeps.
If the Pastor of my Church was also the Grand Dragon of the KKK, I could never get away with justifying his views by saying:

"But he introduced me to my wife and our faith".

Yep.  Just look at how the libs trashed anyone who just even did a speech at Bob Jones University.  I think in was in the 2000 election that the Dems tried to get some House resolution condemning the University for it's stances, and it's a private school.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »
sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-18-08 01:17 PM
Response to Reply #1
12. That's exactly what Rush is saying.
 This speech will be hailed as the speech of the decade. And as Kittykat said, it will be taught in schools all over this country. Obama that rate thing, a good teacher.

I know it's rather well known, but MAN is Beth delusional. :mental: :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
All Obama said today amounted to CYA. He no more said anything in that speech that would lead anyone to believe he had solutions to the very problems that dog this country like race. This speech of his is just like all the rest. Filled with alot of good words,short on substance just like his political career.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »
All Obama said today amounted to CYA. He no more said anything in that speech that would lead anyone to believe he had solutions to the very problems that dog this country like race. This speech of his is just like all the rest. Filled with alot of good words,short on substance just like his political career.

Fits in well with his slogan "Change We Can Believe In", with absolutely no substance to explain it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »

Response to Reply #5

I'm not saying he didn't say those things... or that on those *few* occasions, that he was feeding the divide and keeping it alive (something Obama called him out for in his speech this morning, in fact)... I'm saying that it's unfair to judge this man on the basis of a *very* small fraction of his comments.

And it's unreasonable to assume that Obama must have known and approved of them, considering how few and far between they obviously were.

You mean like Michael Richards, Trent Lott, Mark Furman, Etc.

Good point. redqueen is such a macaca.  ::) :uhsure:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »
Response to Reply #5

Let's not forget how quickly Obama jumped on the fire Imus bandwagon for one comment.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »
Obama's pastor and church remind me of those Phelps freaks and their WBC.  The only difference is Wright doesn't protest at funerals.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 08:25:57 PM »
While Obama couldn't be pinned directly to the Nation of Islam and Louis Farrakhan, Wright certainly has been cozy, another fact of which Obama could not have been unaware. Wright's most inflammatory comments did not spring full-blown out of nothingness, unheralded, uncharacteristic and totally anomalous to his otherwise peace-loving persona, preaching tolerance and reconcilliation.

His brain didn't just hiccup and fart and product toxic gas on only these few days that happened to be inconveniently (for Obama) caught on tape.

Obama asks us to watch his political misdirection and pay no attention to our lying eyes.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »

he only admitted that he had been in the congregation when "objectionable" comments had been made because he knows that it's just a matter of time before the video surfaces with him nodding his head as rev. wright says something hideous.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 11:23:10 PM »

he only admitted that he had been in the congregation when "objectionable" comments had been made because he knows that it's just a matter of time before the video surfaces with him nodding his head as rev. wright says something hideous.

I didn't even think of that -- can you imagine the RICHES someone with a camcorder would get for that shot?  We know he did it, but to SEE it would be priceless.

What is sad is that not only does this end his political career (and too long it was), but it screws up the next black man or woman who WAS/IS qualified to be President.  Think Colin (even as a slight lefty) or Condi (only in our dreams).  The important thing is we CAN and HAVE moved past race as a criterion.  We just don't want a freaking COMMIE who USES race as his only qualification.

The Black community should be really pissed at him now for the long-term damage he has done. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 02:28:47 AM »
redqueen  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-18-08 05:19 PM
Response to Reply #42
53. "TIMING PEOPLE...this TIMING should be a clue"
 Exactly.

Umm, no shit. The man expects to be POTUS, the most powerful government position in the world. I'd say the timing of bringing this shit out into the light is impeccable.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself