Author Topic: My capacity to hate grows exponentially  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
My capacity to hate grows exponentially
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3023848

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)         Mon Mar-17-08 04:20 PM
Original message
My capacity to hate grows exponentially
   Advertisements [?]

Well, maybe not my capacity for undirected hatred.

I'm speaking, of course, of my hatred for all things Bush and all things connected to Bush.

I even find it hard to think nicely of Barney.

Seeing him comment about the current financial mess is simply the latest. He seemed as clueless about this as he did about 9/11 when hearing of the first attack and as uncaring as when he and McCain were doing cake and he was playing air guitar while a US city was drowning.

The cruel and unusual punishments I think of for him would make a confirmed S&M adherent blush.

Maybe try to do something with your time besides surrounding yourself with hate? :whatever:

Hydra (1000+ posts)         Mon Mar-17-08 04:23 PM
Response to Original message
1. And you would be right to do it
   All of this stuff was preplanned and executed flawlessly.

I say, go wild! Until enough people get outraged, this will be business as usual.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my  :popcorn:

jaksavage (424 posts)        Mon Mar-17-08 04:27 PM
4. My anger is matched
   by my disgust of our citizenry.

Yep,I am hurt.

DUmbass

Hidden Stillness (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 05:11 PM
10. I Agree--Evil Deserves a Response of Hate
   I agree with this completely. I think they have well-earned the anger that is being directed against them, and I think that DUers who instantly make statements against hatred of Republicans of this type, are conflating two separate issues. If you are appalled and outraged at the machinations of very rich, well-connected capitalists, to dismantle the entire structure of legal protections for the middle class and poor, and who then calculate to destroy and steal everything now available, I think the only emotion it can reach, for anyone with a conscience and the ability to think ahead to the suffering these people will now undergo, is hate. To confuse this with "being eaten alive" by a constant, and as you mentioned, "undirected hatred," as a fixed personality trait of an abuser, or a psychological disturbance, is to muddle together two different situations. One is a vicseral rage, the other an opinion, and I actually don't even bother with the emotion anymore when I think of these evil people--I have the intent of opinion, and know what I know. What do you call rich people who vanquish every part of your life, and were not even paying attention to you at any time? This reminds me of the violent rapist I read about some years ago, who admitted to police, questioning about the crimes and the victims, "I never knew any of their names." They were absolutely nothing.

Capitalists of this "make-nothing/invest-only" type, think of themselves as "superior" "players," and every knife slash to an actual worker, is a fun act of sport. Make no mistake--they really do not give a rat's ass. We are a million miles away to this type, and on the "wrong sort" of planet.

Ever notice how many of them write in this disjointed,non linear fashion.
It is a window into the inner workings of their "minds".

Orsino  (1000+ posts)         Mon Mar-17-08 07:47 PM
Response to Reply #17
19. ...when forcibly bottled up by the * junta and American conservatism, especially.
   Were our nation not so inflexible, we could have forced action long ago on the things we actually hate, and it would not have festered into the generalized, impotent rage that will destroy us.

Get back to us when the revolution starts Skippy. :whatever:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: My capacity to hate grows exponentially
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:45:46 PM »
Don' be hatin' on the purple dinosaur, Helpless2Sparkly.  It jus' ain' right.

:loser:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »
You're a liberal, primative hen-pecked sparkly.  You didn't need Bush to find any reason to grow your hate, it's just who you are.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »
Seeing him comment about the current financial mess is simply the latest. He seemed as clueless about this as he did about 9/11 when hearing of the first attack and as uncaring as when he and McCain were doing cake and he was playing air guitar while a US city was drowning.

The cruel and unusual punishments I think of for him would make a confirmed S&M adherent blush.

Hydra (1000+ posts)         Mon Mar-17-08 04:23 PM
1. And you would be right to do it
   All of this stuff was preplanned and executed flawlessly.

I say, go wild! Until enough people get outraged, this will be business as usual.

As usual the primitives can't agree whether GWB is an idiot or an evil genius.  Not even between 2 posts.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:16 PM »
Bush, The Ultimate Scapegoat.

If a Dem wins in November, who will be their scapegoat then?
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »
The party of love, tolerance and diversity speaks again...

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:33:50 PM »

It will still be Bush, they will blame him forever.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »
Well, I'll keep that post saved, and see if that DUmmy ever speaks of tolerance and love again.  :whatever: :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
This post reminds me of that song, Angry Chair, by Alice in Chains.  I always wondered what that song was about and now I think I know.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »
If they would just get a job then they would have a legimate thing to hate.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »

It will still be Bush, they will blame him forever.

If not more then they hate Ronald Reagan.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 02:13:26 AM »
You know, the sparkling husband primitive is the textbook example of what Sigmund Freud described as the "castrated male syndrome."

The past several weeks, the sparkling husband primitive has been promiscuously prolific on Skins's island, running all over starting all sorts of bonfires about his "rage."

The sparkling husband primitive isn't, really, raging against George Bush or the world or decent civilized people or this or that, but against his lack of balls, his utter impotence.
apres moi, le deluge