Author Topic: burdened primitive is white, straight, fat, and old  (Read 1443 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
burdened primitive is white, straight, fat, and old
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3023409

Oh my.

The burdened primitive:

Tyler Durden  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 02:46 PM
Original message

As a white, straight, fat old male, here is my "spin" on the "Gay Agenda" regarding civil rights:   

Equal Treatment Under The Law As Guaranteed By The Constitution Of The United States.

Nothing more, nothing less. This is the pledge of the new nation that Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, Hancock and the rest vowed to defend by this promise"...we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."

I present to you, the FOURTEENTH AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SECTION 1:

"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

This apparently does not have any exclusions, such as "This does not apply to atheists, Muslims, the mental or physically challenged, or male/female homosexuals, bisexuals, transexuals or transgendered persons."

People, I am sick and tired of hearing about "Civil Unions," "the rights of religious fundamentalists to 'honestly held beliefs,'" and other such nonsense. The law is CLEAR. NO STATE or THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT may abridge ANY CIVIL RIGHT COMMON TO ALL CITIZENS FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN OR GROUP OF CITIZENS.

This is not negotiable. This is not up for discussion. This is not a subjective issue.

It IS an issue of BASIC CIVIL RIGHTS, and anyone saying differently is a poltroon and a liar, and only worthy of scorn and rejection by true citizens and supporters of the nation, no matter what their personal or religious belief may be, AS THESE HAVE NO STANDING IN THE PROSECUTION OF EQUAL RIGHTS AND TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW.

Here endeth the damned lesson AGAIN.

I dunno.

The burdened primitive hasn't pointed out some right that franksolich has, that a gay person doesn't.

Tyler Durden  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 03:33 PM
Response to Reply #12

14. I am getting so BORED with bringing this up, too.   

I don't want excuses from ANY campaign, even ones I support, and I especially don't want to hear anything about how anyone's "FAITH" won't allow them to support a concept that must apply completely and totally across the legal board.

Frankly, if a candidate cannot support COMPLETE AND EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW, then they cannot take the oath of office, and therefore CANNOT BE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. If they do so, then they are subject to IMMEDIATE IMPEACHMENT as they are in violation of their oath of office to support the Constitution.

That EVERYONE cannot see this makes me get migraines, tunnel vision, and a killing RAGE. I just handle it well.

The primitive woman bothered by cold weather:

troubleinwinter  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 07:37 PM
Response to Original message

37. This white, straight, fat old white female says RUN FOR OFFICE! 

Run on yer "Gay Agenda" constituted of "Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."!

It's a big bonfire there on Skins's island, but I'm not "up" to posting a lot of it.

However, if anyone wants the end of the story, no, the primitives don't enlighten us as to what rights franksolich has, that a gay person doesn't.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: burdened primitive is white, straight, fat, and old
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:04:57 PM »
How one can gather that from the 14th amendment is too hard to try to discern.

The raw fact is and always has been that libs have a desired outcome and then contort the Constitution to fit it. :banghead:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »
Don't hold your breath on that list of rights a non-homosexual person has frank. I'm still waiting too. I guess I'll find out on the same day that Al Gore tells us what the global mean temperature of Earth is supposed to be.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »
Don't hold your breath on that list of rights a non-homosexual person has frank. I'm still waiting too. I guess I'll find out on the same day that Al Gore tells us what the global mean temperature of Earth is supposed to be.
And supply that list of lies and/or impeachable offenses they keep talking about...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
 :rotf:

He couldn't hold down a job flippin' burgers if he wanted to, but suddenly he's a Constitutional expert?

There's a reason these idiots should be locked away and the key tossed in the waters of Challenger's Deep.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:08:13 AM »
:rotf:

He couldn't hold down a job flippin' burgers if he wanted to, but suddenly he's a Constitutional expert?

There's a reason these idiots should be locked away and the key tossed in the waters of Challenger's Deep.

I'm no Constitutional expert myself, but I fail to see what rights franksolich has, that gays don't have.

Freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and association, freedom of religious affiliation and expression, voting, fair trial, trial by jury of peers, freedom to have and bear arms, secure in one's propety and possessions, &c., &c., &c.--you know, all those things in the first ten amendments to the Constitution.

I don't see where I have any more rights than gays do, or gays have less rights than I do.

I quite reasonably suspect that if gays didn't have the same rights we all do, it would greatly disturb everybody here, given our admiratiion for "equality under the law" and our respect for all life.

I have no idea what the burdened primitive is yip-yapping about.

There's plenty of issues of substance about which to worry and opine, and this isn't one of them.

I think the burdened primitive is just being stupid.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 11:12:36 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3023409

Oh my.

The burdened primitive:

Tyler Durden  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 02:46 PM
Original message

As a white, straight, fat old male, here is my "spin" on the "Gay Agenda" regarding civil rights:   

Equal Treatment Under The Law As Guaranteed By The Constitution Of The United States.

Nothing more, nothing less. This is the pledge of the new nation that Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, Hancock and the rest vowed to defend by this promise"...we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."

I present to you, the FOURTEENTH AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SECTION 1:

"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

This apparently does not have any exclusions, such as "This does not apply to atheists, Muslims, the mental or physically challenged, or male/female homosexuals, bisexuals, transexuals or transgendered persons."

People, I am sick and tired of hearing about "Civil Unions," "the rights of religious fundamentalists to 'honestly held beliefs,'" and other such nonsense. The law is CLEAR. NO STATE or THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT may abridge ANY CIVIL RIGHT COMMON TO ALL CITIZENS FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN OR GROUP OF CITIZENS.

This is not negotiable. This is not up for discussion. This is not a subjective issue.

It IS an issue of BASIC CIVIL RIGHTS, and anyone saying differently is a poltroon and a liar, and only worthy of scorn and rejection by true citizens and supporters of the nation, no matter what their personal or religious belief may be, AS THESE HAVE NO STANDING IN THE PROSECUTION OF EQUAL RIGHTS AND TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW.

Here endeth the damned lesson AGAIN.

I dunno.

The burdened primitive hasn't pointed out some right that franksolich has, that a gay person doesn't.

Tyler Durden  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 03:33 PM
Response to Reply #12

14. I am getting so BORED with bringing this up, too.   

I don't want excuses from ANY campaign, even ones I support, and I especially don't want to hear anything about how anyone's "FAITH" won't allow them to support a concept that must apply completely and totally across the legal board.

Frankly, if a candidate cannot support COMPLETE AND EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW, then they cannot take the oath of office, and therefore CANNOT BE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. If they do so, then they are subject to IMMEDIATE IMPEACHMENT as they are in violation of their oath of office to support the Constitution.

That EVERYONE cannot see this makes me get migraines, tunnel vision, and a killing RAGE. I just handle it well.

The primitive woman bothered by cold weather:

troubleinwinter  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 07:37 PM
Response to Original message

37. This white, straight, fat old white female says RUN FOR OFFICE! 

Run on yer "Gay Agenda" constituted of "Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."!

It's a big bonfire there on Skins's island, but I'm not "up" to posting a lot of it.

However, if anyone wants the end of the story, no, the primitives don't enlighten us as to what rights franksolich has, that a gay person doesn't.

Frank he forgot unemployed in that list :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
Gay people have every right to marry.  They are perfectly free to marry someone of the opposite sex.  Nothing is being denied them.  They do not, however, have the right to change the definition of marriage without others having a say.  Neither do the polygamists or any other group.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »

I'm no Constitutional expert myself, but I fail to see what rights franksolich has, that gays don't have.

Freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and association, freedom of religious affiliation and expression, voting, fair trial, trial by jury of peers, freedom to have and bear arms, secure in one's propety and possessions, &c., &c., &c.--you know, all those things in the first ten amendments to the Constitution.

I don't see where I have any more rights than gays do, or gays have less rights than I do.

I quite reasonably suspect that if gays didn't have the same rights we all do, it would greatly disturb everybody here, given our admiratiion for "equality under the law" and our respect for all life.

I have no idea what the burdened primitive is yip-yapping about.

There's plenty of issues of substance about which to worry and opine, and this isn't one of them.

I think the burdened primitive is just being stupid.

They completely miss the point that there is no constitutionally guaranteed "right" to marriage......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.