Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive upset about Florida  (Read 1250 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive upset about Florida
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5127336

Oh my.

I'm sure the primitives are ramping and rampaging all over Skins's island right now, but this was the first one I spotted.

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 07:24 PM
Original message

How in the living **** are two warring camps supposed to decide the fate of Florida's primary vote??

There is just no way on earth either camp will do the right thing for altruistic reasons.

No

****ing

Way

This could cost us the election. No matter the outcome, a large number of people will be pissed. And may do whatever, out of spite/anger/disgust.

(Context, for those who were napping with Mr. Van Winkle: The Florida Democratic party decided not to have a do-over and threw back to the national party the solution for what to do about Florida's delegates. Since no one listens to Howard Dean these days - especially the candidate camps - that means, effectively the two sides need to work out a solution. Hahahahahahaha ........... riiiiight.)

One suspects the sparkling husband primitive regrets his orchidectomy.

Sandi_4_Edwards (369 posts)      Mon Mar-17-08 07:27 PM
Response to Original message

1. It's a long time until November - have some faith (or trust in your fellow Americans)

November is still EIGHT months away. Count back 8 months and you'll see what I mean... there is time to heal the party, if the nominee is chosen quickly.

Selatius (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-17-08 07:27 PM
Response to Original message

2. The Florida Dems in the legislature are to blame, not Obama or Hillary.

They knew full well the damn rules laid down by the DNC, and they ****ed it up. If there is a re-vote, my only caveat is that the Florida legislators themselves should pay for the cost of a new election by deducting it from their annual salary directly. No more money from taxpayers for a do-over. They already paid for the first election; they shouldn't pay to clean up someone else's mess.

I dunno.

Since when was the Constitution changed, to where national party committees make rules for the states to follow, rather than the people through their elected representatives make rules for the national political parties to follow?

Is Harold Dean of the Democrat National Committee emperor of Florida, or do the people rule?

This is a new bonfire; probably there's lots and lots more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

Re: sparkling husband primitive upset about Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:43:54 PM »
OPERTION KAOS!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »
Count every vote!

Oh, shit DOES come back to haunt.  Ain't it wonderful?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
Since when was the Constitution changed, to where national party committees make rules for the states to follow, rather than the people through their elected representatives make rules for the national political parties to follow?

Umm, no.  The USC is silent on political parties.  I could form a political party and tell everyone that they have to rub blue mud in their navel to vote. As long as the same rule applid to everyone, it doesn't matter.

So, the DNC is completely within its rights to withhold the delegates, scatter then to the 4 winds or have their fate decided by a game of "rock, paper scissors."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »
The Dems could screw up a free lunch. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
Florida better watch out before ol' Sparky's housekeeper goes all smashmouth on them and delivers a righteous beatdown!!! Tonight after he goes into REM sleep...

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 02:20:01 AM »
Umm, no.  The USC is silent on political parties.  I could form a political party and tell everyone that they have to rub blue mud in their navel to vote. As long as the same rule applid to everyone, it doesn't matter.

So, the DNC is completely within its rights to withhold the delegates, scatter then to the 4 winds or have their fate decided by a game of "rock, paper scissors."

I don't want to split hairs--of course not--but this isn't quite the sense I meant it.

Of course political parties have the right to set their own rules, for themselves.

But designating primary election dates, to me, seems a function of the people of Florida through their elected representatives, not of Harold Dean and the Democrat National Committee.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:23:55 AM »
Watching a discussion of this on CNN, they raised a very good point that the Court system has never taken a stance on Primaries.  That it is up to the party to determine what occurs during the primaries.  Since there is no "illegal discrimination" in telling an entire state that they cannot vote, then there are no legal grounds for any higher court to step in.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."