Author Topic: disband the military!!11111  (Read 347 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
disband the military!!11111
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:48:07 PM »
TheCoxwain  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 03:26 PM
Original message
Disband the US Military!

Found on TPM

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/blogs/morselo...

Government is not the answer. Government is the problem. For years the US military has crowded out private security firms from exercising their rights as Americans. The mere existence of this "Army", "Navy", "Marine Corp", and "Air Force" have threatened the existence of firms run by private citizens like Blackwater and Halliburton. These government programs are so plagued with waste, fraud, and abuse to the American tax payer that they should immediately be disbanded. Isn't it always the case that private citizens will always do better than the government? Why, if they're were no military, private companies and multinational conglomerates could take over the job of defending our country, better, faster, and cheaper. The sheer bureaucracy involved in the military is a slap in the face to the American people. The free market and its invisible hand solves all. It's not like these private companies would try and fool the American people, or do anything against the interests of the American people! It's the free market and competition will reign supreme! All we have to do is disband the military, and leave it up to private companies to solve Iraq, Afghanistan, and take on that pesky Putin. Kim Jong Il wouldn't stand a chance, and Imadinnerjacket and the I a tolla would instantly fall. Our Second Amendment rights are to protect the citizenry from standing armies formed by the government. A well regulated militia stands to counterbalance the tyrannical forces of the gubment, by empowering its citizenry against a standing army the gubment might choose to use against its people. It's just like healthcare. Say no to public healthcare, say no the US military!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6388495

Ughh the stupid it burns.
The military is constitutional health care is not.

merh  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 03:28 PM
Response to Original message
1. And the right will happily point out to you that the Constitution

provides for the funding of a military whereas, in their limited thinking, there is no such authority for health care.

And oh boy, talk about putting folks on the unemployment line.

Health care would fall under what is left up to the states not part of the federal budget.
That pesky 10th amendment gets in the way of your plans,
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: disband the military!!11111
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »
Protest Warrior was infested with neo-confederates and libertarians--of the Ronulan sort no less--that spewed that drivel. It was one of the contributing factors of my departure as these idiots had dominated what was obstensibly a pro-GWOT endeavor. I thought I was back over there for a minute.

They're convinced private enterprise could supply us with all the nuke missiles and aircraft carriers we need (I never got an answer as to how you cancel a contract on someone manning your nukes for a profit) and if they couldn't then the reduced military footprint would make the world love us.

FYI - It's that same level of insanity that lead me to fight gator so strongly at TOS.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."