Author Topic: Limbaugh, Rove to guest on 'Family Guy'  (Read 627 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Limbaugh, Rove to guest on 'Family Guy'
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »
villager  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 04:06 AM
Original message

Talk show host Rush Limbaugh, former Bush strategist Karl Rove and other famous Republicans will play themselves on Fox's left-leaning "Family Guy" next season.

Karl rove In an episode being produced for next season, the Griffins' liberal dog, Brian, gets bored and frustrated because he feels he no longer has anything to complain about with Barack Obama in the White House. So Brian becomes a Republican and starts listening to Rush Limbaugh (who, apparently, also sings a song).

"'Family Guy' tends to be very liberal because it's written by liberals," creator Seth MacFarlane said. "So we thought let's give the other side some face time. So we put it out there to a lot of Republicans -- 'we're doing this show, who wants in?' -- and we got some bites. I'm sure the reaction from some will be 'you monsters, how could you have Karl Rove on your show?' "

MacFarlane was appearing at an Academy of Television Arts & Sciences event where the cast of the Emmy-nominated "Family Guy" performed a live table read of its controversial abortion episode (exclusive video of that here), which Fox has refused to air.

<snip>

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/08/limbaugh-rove-to-guest-o...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6385389

Just goes to show which side has a sense of humor. I can't picture any liberal appearing in a rightwing cartoon.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Limbaugh, Rove to guest on 'Family Guy'
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:17:11 PM »
Now they turn on the show, which was created by a Democrat and Obama supporter, Seth MacFarlane.

This is why DUmmies can't run a damn thing. They eat their own if they dissent one little bit.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6385389

Just goes to show which side has a sense of humor. I can't picture any liberal appearing in a rightwing cartoon.

There are right-wing cartoons? ::)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
the Griffins' liberal dog, Brian, gets bored and frustrated because he feels he no longer has anything to complain about with Barack Obama in the White House.

Of course not. 10% unemployment is gooooood under a marxist.

Increasing the federal debt $10 trillion, a cooll doubling of the entire history of our debt is gooooood under a marxist.

Quintupling (for french that means 5X) the federal budget deficit in his first year is gooooood under a marxist.

Nope, nothing to worry about here.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »

Matt Stone and Trey Parker (Southpark, Team America) consider themselves libertarians.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 01:24:37 PM »

Cant think of any but if there were we know libs wouldn't appear on the show.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »
Matt Stone and Trey Parker (Southpark, Team America) consider themselves libertarians.

I'm well aware of that.  There just aren't any "rabid-right-wing" cartoons, if you know what I mean.  Family Guy lampoons the right CONSTANTLY, yet I still find it funny.  They've compared Palin & McCain to Nazi's during last year's election.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
Cant think of any but if there were we know libs wouldn't appear on the show.  :-)

South Park (more libertarian as Rebel noted above) has had "fake" voices of Babs Streisand and Michael Moore to lampoon them.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »
I'm well aware of that.  There just aren't any "rabid-right-wing" cartoons, if you know what I mean.  Family Guy lampoons the right CONSTANTLY, yet I still find it funny.  They've compared Palin & McCain to Nazi's during last year's election.

SP had McCain, Obama, and Palin in cahoots to steal billions of dollars.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 01:28:42 PM »
Why is this all of a sudden news to the DUmmies?  Rush talked about this on his show last week, and even explained the basic plot.

It will not air until September 2010, for those interested.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 03:39:38 PM »

In dunno, Robot Chicken lampoons the shit out of the left.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!