Author Topic: Obama is a war criminal!!!111  (Read 646 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Obama is a war criminal!!!111
« on: August 24, 2009, 10:28:32 AM »
tekisui  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 09:09 AM
Original message
The Next US Troop Escalation in Afghanistan Could Bring the Total to 113,000   Updated at 9:09 AM

We are just getting started with the Imperialistic blunder that is the Afghanistan War. The next call for additional troops will be 15,000 to 45,000, depending on what 'risk' level the Obama Administration decides to go with. If they choose the 'low risk' call, there will be a total of 113,000 US troops in Afghanistan. We now have estimates that the Afghanistan war will cost MORE than the Iraq War money drain. We have been told our involvement will last decades. We are building a $1 Billion dollar city/embassy in Pakistan that will cost hundreds of millions of dollars a year to staff and operate.

This is madness. Does anyone really think that 100,000+ troops and trillions of dollars are worth pouring into a losing war? Does this make sense to anyone? With all of the problems that need funding in this country, why do we continue to export War? The military-industrial complex has our government enslaved.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6378778

Funny you don't seem to mind an emperor with a D next to his name. If * was escalating your calls for chimpeachment would be growing louder by the second. Now you just bitch a little bit then shrug your shoulders and cry, "free health care".

bluestateguy  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 09:13 AM
Response to Original message
1. We are in this mess only because the Bush Administration tried to fight the war on the cheap

and now the bill is coming due because he and Rumsfeld took their eye off the ball by going into Iraq, and neglecting resources for this war. Obama now has to do what, belatedly, the past Administration failed to do.

This remains Bush's war as far as I am concerned, and it always will be.

Unless it happens to be successful then it will be Obama's war all of a sudden.  :whatever:

tekisui  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 09:16 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. Bullshit.   Updated at 9:09 AM

Obama has no more define a win or success in Afghanistan. This his baby now. Obama has changed the policy there, added troops and expanded. He owns the escalation and the war. Just as he owns the current policy in Iraq, he owns the policy in Afghanistan.

I will take your outrage seriously if you bombard the white house with emails about pulling out now or you will demand impeachment for war crimes.

redqueen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 11:11 AM
10. On BBC World News this morning they said generals were asking for 10K more.

I guess they're ratcheting up the number already... *sigh*

Enough. Our military won't solve their problems.

Aren't you glad Obama won and not McCain otherwise we might still be in Iraq and escalating the war in Afghanistan  :rotf:

For 6 years we heard the "war crime" chant now Obama is continuing on with the same wars why is there no call for impeachment over Obama's war crimes?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Obama is a war criminal!!!111
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:50:26 AM »
Bush and Rumsfeld made a serious strategic mistake about the feasibility of turning these places into Western-style democracies; it is do-able but requires a multi-generational commitment, not a hit-and-run, shock-and-awe pyro show.  About everyone smarter than a second lieutenant in the military figured this out within three to six months of combat operations commencing, but the political leadership was blinded by its own ideological preconceptions and, being political, couldn't own up to it (Especially in Rumsfeld's case, I'm not sure Bush ever did figure out he has wrong-footed that one).  Obama doesn't even have that excuse, he is just fumbling the ball generally without even a mistaken idea of where he's going with it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »
The war is unwinnable as long as genocide is off the table...

...but that doesn't mean we should encourage DUmmies to give Obama bad advice just because we enjoy their angst.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »
bluestateguy  (1000+ posts)
Mon Aug-24-09 09:13 AM
1. We are in this mess only because the Bush Administration tried to fight the war on the cheap

WTF?  You DUmmies complained non-stop on how much money was being spent.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender