Author Topic: The Ponies Just Keep On Coming  (Read 1877 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
The Ponies Just Keep On Coming
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:57:55 PM »
rsmith6621  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 09:17 PM
Original message
Wifes Friggin BOSS

My wife's boss is one of those Jesus Loving Family Values Crowd People.
With last weeks birth of our Granddaughter we are doing everything possible to get out to Seattle 2000 miles away to meet this new member of our family. Well I just happened to luck out and get four days off at the end of this week without asking but my wife is another story....in July she gave her boss a heads up as to this event and he said just to give him 24 hours notice and there would be no problem...well we decided against going this past weekend because I only had two days off and my wife wont travel that distance by herself......Well we are planing to go this Friday and Sat so today she filled out a vacation request form using a couple of floating personal days to cover her...Her BOSS told her DONT COUNT ON IT....we are short staffed which is BULLSHIT....

I have talked to several people who live in Europe and perhaps after Obama gets done with health care maybe a bold move should be made to address the lack of time off we US citizens get each year....I have heard most of Europes employers are mandated to give at least 28 days vacation plus national holidays and a bank set aside for family/medical emergency's.... I think this should be addressed.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6376897

Based on the pissing and moaning coming from the DUmp these days,
I thought they were all getting four weeks a month off already.

And I'm sure the Kenyan will continue to give them copious amounts
of free time.

Kerrytravelers   (1000+ posts)        Sun Aug-23-09 09:22 PM
Response to Original message
1. Michael Moore did a nice job highighting this in Sicko. The Americans living in France
spoke about the way the French citizens are treated... quite a comparison, let me tell you. And sad. We work our fool selves to death for crumbs. Other people work just as hard, and get to enjoy their lives. We're so beaten down and angry. And those idiots running around, screaming like idiots at townhall meetings just show to what depths we're all beaten down. They are actually fighting the corporation and the rich man's fight for them. Beaten down like dogs, they are. Just like dogs. 

Any American who has actually spent a little bit of time in France, and would trade the American lifestyle
for that of the people who live in that depressing cesspool, is truly a DUmmy.

baldguy  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 09:22 PM
2. There's not a whole lot you can do if the boss won't honor his word.
Welcome to America.

America sucks so bad. For DUmmies.

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
Re: The Ponies Just Keep On Coming
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:18:53 PM »
Let's see.... I work 3 days a week, sun - tues, I get 20 days of vacation, 10 floating holidays, 7 days of personal time off, at a job I love.  Yep, this really sucks![/sarcasm]. Welcome to America! These people are always miserable no matter what.
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:21 PM »
Okay, what again is the productivity of the average frog? Isn't it about 60% of their counterpart in the US? Tell me again who's currency the world has based the global economy on since WWII. It sure as hell wasn't the Franc!

Of course Bam Bam is doing his best to set us back to pre WWII levels with the world, but we were once almost twice as productive as the tadpoles! One thing the DUmmies don't understand is if the dollar takes a dive the Euro will follow suit, only on a greater scale!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 04:26:18 AM »
Okay, what again is the productivity of the average frog? Isn't it about 60% of their counterpart in the US? Tell me again who's currency the world has based the global economy on since WWII. It sure as hell wasn't the Franc!

Of course Bam Bam is doing his best to set us back to pre WWII levels with the world, but we were once almost twice as productive as the tadpoles! One thing the DUmmies don't understand is if the dollar takes a dive the Euro will follow suit, only on a greater scale!

And so will the Chinese currency.

Invest in canned goods, ammo, and firearms.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:01:11 AM »

So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!

http://www.ahajokes.com/off05.html
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:18:57 AM »
Then move to Europe, DUmba$$!  Wait, that's right, most of Europe won't take you if you can't provide proof that you'll be an asset to instead of a drain on the economy.  That leaves out the majority of The Island.

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 07:24:26 AM »
The DUmmies have a friend in Congress....   I'd go check the status of the Bill, but I have to get going this morning...

Alan Grayson to introduce Paid Vacation Act

Rep. Alan Grayson was standing in the middle of Disney World when it hit him: What Americans really need is a week of paid vacation.

So on Thursday, the Florida Democrat will introduce the Paid Vacation Act — legislation that would be the first to make paid vacation time a requirement under federal law.

The bill would require companies with more than 100 employees to offer a week of paid vacation for both full-time and part-time employees after they’ve put in a year on the job. Three years after the effective date of the law, those same companies would be required to provide two weeks of paid vacation, and companies with 50 or more employees would have to provide one week.

The idea: More vacation will stimulate the economy through fewer sick days, better productivity and happier employees.

:mental:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22794.html#ixzz0P6PxIuO7

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 07:44:52 AM »
You know what will happen if a law like that passes?  They will hire temporary staff, and just before the year is up, they will be "Released" from their contract.  All the places I've ever worked for have paid vacations....is there really that many out there that don't?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 07:54:35 AM »
The DUmmies have a friend in Congress....   I'd go check the status of the Bill, but I have to get going this morning...

Rep. Alan Grayson was standing in the middle of Disney World when it hit him: What Americans really need is a week of paid vacation.

So on Thursday, the Florida Democrat will introduce the Paid Vacation Act — legislation that would be the first to make paid vacation time a requirement under federal law.

The bill would require companies with more than 100 employees to offer a week of paid vacation for both full-time and part-time employees after they’ve put in a year on the job. Three years after the effective date of the law, those same companies would be required to provide two weeks of paid vacation, and companies with 50 or more employees would have to provide one week.

The idea: More vacation will stimulate the economy through fewer sick days, better productivity and happier employees.

And given Disney's historical pay, working conditions, and the recent spate of workplace deaths, (former employees call the place "Mouseschwitz" with good reason), am I the only one who finds it more than a little ironic that Grayson came up with such a harebrained idea at DISNEY, of all places?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 08:33:33 AM »

Probably wouldn't help the DUmmie, it still doesn't mean you could take it anytime you want on less than a week's notice regardless of what was going on with the business.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 09:33:27 AM »
You know what will happen if a law like that passes?  They will hire temporary staff, and just before the year is up, they will be "Released" from their contract.  All the places I've ever worked for have paid vacations....is there really that many out there that don't?

Everywhere I have worked all permanent staff has some sort of vacation policy. Usually starting at 2 weeks of vac time maybe a week or so of "sick" time. And the time increases if you stay there. Some companies do put restrictions on when you can take vacation time (during inventory, busy times, etc) or make you request the time in advance. Overall I would say the vacation policy in the US is pretty good.

This thread at DU is classic liberal think, :I have a problem the govt needs to solve it"
A conservative on the other hand would see what arrangements could be made and acted accordingly.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »
I get 4 weeks of vacation every year, 5 weeks in two more years.

I seldom take any of it, I have over 500 hours of vacation time accumulated.

Sucks to be a DUmmy or a member of a DUmmies family.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 10:15:23 AM »
What would 28 days of free time do to change her situation? She has the hours to cover it apparently. Her boss is just saying not this weekend which likely means a bunch of other people are already off that weekend.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »
Really, JTL.  I'm facing a whole month of September where I'm covering for other people while they're off.  It would have been impossible if 2 of them wanted the same week.   That baby in Seattle will still be there on another weekend.  They're throwing a shitfit for no reason.  Anyway, that bill from the FL Dem sounds like standard operating procedure for most companies, especially one with >100 employees.  What a waste of time.

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 10:35:16 AM »
Here is what I've learned about employees of the DUmmy ilk.

When you need to ship a machine to get paid to make payroll and keep the lights on, employees do not show up.  Yet those same employees are always there on payday.

Employees seam to think they are the most vital cog in the company when they assemply parts and should be given all they ask for their very specific talent of knowing how to use a wrench or screwdriver. The guys in sales, engineering, and finance are all expendable.

Coming into work red eyed and slack jawed from the previous night's drinking is fine.  Also not coming into work red eyed and slack jawed from the previous night's drinking is fine too.

While overtime is paid at time and a half the quantity of work performed is half.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
They're throwing a shitfit for no reason. 

It's a way of life over there.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »
You know what will happen if a law like that passes?  They will hire temporary staff, and just before the year is up, they will be "Released" from their contract.  All the places I've ever worked for have paid vacations....is there really that many out there that don't?

Because of the economy Home Depot already does this! They do not have to offer you benefits until after 90 days. Guess what? While the economy is in the toilet they only work the newbies 90 days. They do inform them of this, and if you are exceptional, you can get hired on permanently. In other words, something the DUmmies will never understand, if you excell they are willing to invest in you in the future.

Kinda like it's 'sposed to be. IMHO
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 01:38:30 PM »
I get more than enough vacation and sick leave - the way it accumulates for me is 4 hours of each per pay period. I get paid every two weeks, so that amounts to 1 day of each per month, or 12 per year of each. I also get 12 unpaid days a year. The paid days can be allowed to accrue , and they do quickly - all it takes is two years of work without taking any paid vacation days, and one can then schedule a month off.

Taking a month long vacation every two years is a pretty sweet deal, if one can get by without using up the days beforehand. Remember - there is still sick leave if you are unwell, and unpaid time available - so making those two years isn't very difficult.