Author Topic: It's the WE Friday Night Happy Hour Thread (started by Jen who needs a drink.)  (Read 22605 times)

Offline Schadenfreude

Apparently he had a habit of falling asleep in the car after he pulled in the garage. He just had always remembered to turn the car off before. He was single and ran around with a bunch of single guys that were "heavy partiers".....been a shock to everyone.

That's very sad deb.... :(
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline debk

That's very sad deb.... :(

Especially at this time of year.....it just makes something so senseless even worse.... :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline jendf

Which should I watch tonight?

Season 2's Christmas Party episode of The Office

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (my co-worker lent me Seasons 1 and 2--I have never seen this)

10,000 B.C. (from Netflix)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
I'm sure those days are gone as part of "cut backs." 

:bawl:

only if it was on your boss' expense account.

but the ability to declare "game over" on a workday, and take your entire department out drinking at 3:30 in the afternoon is truly, truly enviable. :-)

Offline Schadenfreude

It's colder than a beep out there.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Miss Mia

Which should I watch tonight?

Season 2's Christmas Party episode of The Office

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (my co-worker lent me Seasons 1 and 2--I have never seen this)

10,000 B.C. (from Netflix)

The Office!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Miss Mia

only if it was on your boss' expense account.

but the ability to declare "game over" on a workday, and take your entire department out drinking at 3:30 in the afternoon is truly, truly enviable. :-)

Of course she put it on the corporate credit card, she's too cheap to take us out with her own money.  LOL
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline debk

Cold here too, and very damp from all the rain the last 2 days.

Due to get more on Monday, but it's supposed to be up to 60 by then!!

Weird weird weather.....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Wretched Excess

It's colder than a beep out there.

you live in, like, minnesota.

Offline Schadenfreude

Especially at this time of year.....it just makes something so senseless even worse.... :(

I think you're right, the impact of these types of things during the holiday season seem so much more intense. Probably because this season is supposed to be joyful.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
have a liquid lunch, dude. :-)

I don't know what you do for a living but Uncle Sugar says that's a BIG NO-NO.

Oh the old days of going to the bowling alley in Long Beach and getting a slice and a pitcher for lunch............... :bawl:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Schadenfreude

Cold here too, and very damp from all the rain the last 2 days.

Due to get more on Monday, but it's supposed to be up to 60 by then!!

Weird weird weather.....

Yep, we're supposed to get rain over the weekend. Good bar making weather.... going to try your raspberry bar recipe this weekend. ;)

you live in, like, minnesota.

You want to keep me warm fuzzy buns?  :naughty:

Offline Miss Mia

No one could turn you down Schade. 
Stink Eye

Offline Schadenfreude

No one could turn you down Schade. 

Apparently fuzzy buns can.  :evillaugh: How are you doing Miss M?

Offline debk

Yep, we're supposed to get rain over the weekend. Good bar making weather.... going to try your raspberry bar recipe this weekend. ;)

Depending on if I manage to get the decorations done....I going to try to get my office gifts done. I'm thinking of doing little loaves of banana/walnut bread, bourbon butter pecan bread and I found a recipe for Jamaican spice bread....cinnamon, nutmeg and it has raisins and nuts in it.

Also going to do some spiced nuts.....have you ever made them? I've done hot and spicy cashews, but they don't keep. I want to do pecans, almonds and cashews in something cinnamon-y.

I'm also thinking of making some fudge lollipops. I saw Paula Deen do them on TV. Make regular chocolate fudge, roll it into balls about the size of a tootsie pop, and put a lollipop stick in them. Dip them in melted caramel, then in white chocolate and roll in crushed nuts. I'm thinking of rolling them in cocoa powder, chocolate spinkles, crushed toffee chips, or maybe stripe them with melted milk or dark chocolate.

A bunch of bar cookies would be soooooo much easier! :thatsright:

:lmao:

Offline Miss Mia

Apparently fuzzy buns can.  :evillaugh: How are you doing Miss M?

I'm doing pretty well.  I got a present in the mail today.   :hyper:

Stink Eye

Offline Schadenfreude

I'm doing pretty well.  I got a present in the mail today.   :hyper:

Does it go bzzzzz?

Offline debk

Does it go bzzzzz?

Inquiring minds want to know.... :-)

Offline Miss Mia

Does it go bzzzzz?

LOL!  Unfortunately no.  But it's a warm and fuzzy sweatshirt.  
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

jeez.  it's not enough that you chicks wreck my happy hour threads, but now you have wrecked jen's. :-)

I just can't take you anywhere. :uhsure:

Offline Miss Mia

Jen left us for Office Space.   :bawl:
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

my buns are unfuzzy. :bird:

:-)

Offline Wretched Excess

LOL!  Unfortunately no.  But it's a warm and fuzzy sweatshirt. 

if it came from a guy, and unless that sweatshirt had hands in it, then he is a freaking cheapskate. :naughty:

Offline Miss Mia

if it came from a guy, and unless that sweatshirt had hands in it, then he is a freaking cheapskate. :naughty:

Ahh, it was a nice gesture...from a cheapskate.   :-)
Stink Eye

Offline Schadenfreude

Inquiring minds want to know.... :-)

Well Mia is single....  :-) I could never order anything like that, my kids open all my packages thinking what's theirs is theirs and what's mine is also theirs.  :uhsure: