Author Topic: "Cultured," "sophisticated" DUmmy complains they're missing game shows  (Read 441 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Marthe48 (710 posts)

Our local TV station sucks

We have an awful local TV station. The general manager uses an obscure law to block his competitors from showing syndicated shows, and then airs local programming on the only channel, his, that we can watch the show on. This local station has manged to buy all the other local stations, and supposedly the syndicated shows are supposed to air on one of the other stations. But the idiots who run the programming usually forget to run the right show. So we miss Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy a couple of times a month when WTAP runs an hour long self-aggrandizing promo from the local hospital. We always email or call to complain, which doesn't do any good. We also call Suddenlink, the cable operator, and their contact says they can't do anything about it. I'm just so sick of the arrogance. Any business is only as good as the people who run it. People need to be responsible for what they do not hide behind a company logo.

"And now that I'm mentioning these things, my local grocer sucks. They keep running out of Cheetos and Ding Dongs and at least a couple of times a month I miss out on my snacks."

I thought these people were our betters? I thought they lived more graciously than we did? I thought they sit around all day reenacting Dick Cavett shows and discussing the finer points of postmodern literary theory?

I'm starting to think that these liberals aren't quite who they portray themselves to be...
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline jukin

Re: "Cultured," "sophisticated" DUmmy complains they're missing game shows
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
You know that is almost as bad as having your insurance policy canceled and replaced with a more expensive, less coverage, and higher deductibles with 70% of the doctors opting out of treating you. Almost.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 10:12:33 PM »
Marthe48 (710 posts)

Our local TV station sucks

Blah, blah, blah

OK dummie. I got a suggestion. Change the daggone channel and find something else to watch.

Loser.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »
And here we have Billy Crystal impersonating the poor DUmmie:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXx-Pn_8nKw[/youtube]
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford