Author Topic: primitive gives us food for thought  (Read 1195 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive gives us food for thought
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023070489

Oh my.

Lady Freedom Returns (5,110 posts)    Sat Jun 22, 2013, 07:22 PM

Food for thought on the SNAP debate. The cost to eat.

For those that can not seem to understand. Eating healthy cost a lot!

Do have any real idea how much you spend, I mean really spend on eating?

Those on SNAP, EBT, Food Stamps, have to watch every cent. We have to eat via cost, not health.

For you to understand you must add up all the money you spend on ALL food. Even the stuff you spend eating out, even the little snacks you pick up when you are out and about. Why? Those that have SNAP can NOT eat out on it. that have to watch every penny that spend for EVERYTHING they eat. And I want you to see your true cost and see what the poor don’t get.

Now, this is for 1 month, add all that up for 1 month. Then divide it by 30. Now take that answer and divide it by 3. That is what you spend on 1 meal on what we will call your food allowance.

Now let us take out what you spend eating out. Use the same 30/3 formula.
Now think of people that make at the most, if lucky, $200 a month. That is all they have for food. They can roughly spend $6.40-$6.50 a day, $2.20 roughly a meal.

Any money goes to such things as Laundry, soap, bills, toilet paper, cleaning supplies of all sorts, and transportation. So spending money for many on food is a no go.

Those on Stamps also have to look at bang for buck. Say a pond of peaches is $2.99 a pound. But a box of microwave popcorn is 22 bags for $5. Now that pound of peaches may be four or five pieces of fruit, but that box of popcorn is 22 meals! That is a huge deal!

And remember I said at the most a person may, might, make $200, other make even less. So that box of popcorn with all the bad stuff in it is way better deal!

Then add to it that to eat healthy means way to fix it. Sadly, many who get Stamps may not have a way to prepare or store the healthier stuff. You need to remember that travel expense come in as well as what bills may not have got paid. Many a poor person has known the pain of having their refrigerator repossessed.

Then many are in places with faulty electric or really bad appliances. But you can’t beat the rent.

There is a lot more in this argument than just how much and health. There is what is really going on as a whole.

New campfire.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: primitive gives us food for thought
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
Liberals are so lost without a gov't program to show them the way and tell them how to live from moment to moment. If the crew of the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria had been the primitives, they would have died just trying to get on the boat.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:40:59 PM »
Those on Stamps also have to look at bang for buck. Say a pond of peaches is $2.99 a pound. But a box of microwave popcorn is 22 bags for $5. Now that pound of peaches may be four or five pieces of fruit, but that box of popcorn is 22 meals! That is a huge deal!
Go right on ahead. I dare you.  :popcorn: :popcorn:

Somebody is lacking in dietary skills and needs.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »
You know, by bringing this campfire over here right after it was lit, I must've killed it.

No primitive responses.

Oooops.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 08:48:39 PM »
Those on Stamps also have to look at bang for buck.

Yeah, that's such a foreign concept to everyone else.   :whatever:

Any money goes to such things as Laundry, soap, bills, toilet paper, cleaning supplies of all sorts, and transportation.

All of which have, necessarily, skyrocketed under the economic supergenius.  Why do you people hate the poor?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »
Lady Freedom Returns (5,110 posts)    Sat Jun 22, 2013, 07:22 PM

Food for thought on the SNAP debate. The cost to eat.

For those that can not seem to understand. Eating healthy cost a lot! No it doesn't.

Do have any real idea how much you spend, I mean really spend on eating? Yes I do. It comes out of my wallet, you better daggone well believe that I know how much I spend!!!!

Those on SNAP, EBT, Food Stamps, have to watch every cent. So do I. Perhaps if those on welfare wouldn't pack their buggies with steak and such, they could make it last longer We have to eat via cost, not health.

For you to understand you must add up all the money you spend on ALL food. Even the stuff you spend eating out, even the little snacks you pick up when you are out and about. I don't eat out except when traveling for work. Why? Those that have SNAP can NOT eat out on it. 3 letters... J-O-B. that have to watch every penny that spend for EVERYTHING they eat. And I want you to see your true cost and see what the poor don’t get. J-O-B

Now, this is for 1 month, add all that up for 1 month. Then divide it by 30. Now take that answer and divide it by 3. That is what you spend on 1 meal on what we will call your food allowance. Dummies can do math!!! Who knew?!?!?

Now let us take out what you spend eating out. I don't eat out Use the same 30/3 formula.
Now think of people that make at the most, if lucky, $200 a month. That is all they have for food. They can roughly spend $6.40-$6.50 a day, $2.20 roughly a meal. J-O-B

Any money goes to such things as Laundry, soap, bills, toilet paper, cleaning supplies of all sorts, and transportation. I have to spend on that too, Dummie So spending money for many on food is a no go.

Those on Stamps also have to look at bang for buck. Not the ones I have seen Say a pond of peaches is $2.99 a pound. But a box of microwave popcorn is 22 bags for $5. Now that pound of peaches may be four or five pieces of fruit, but that box of popcorn is 22 meals! That is a huge deal!  Popcorn is actually healthy if you don't put butter on it

And remember I said at the most a person may, might, make $200, other make even less. So that box of popcorn with all the bad stuff in it is way better deal!

Then add to it that to eat healthy means way to fix it. Sadly, many who get Stamps may not have a way to prepare or store the healthier stuff. You need to remember that travel expense come in as well as what bills may not have got paid. Many a poor person has known the pain of having their refrigerator repossessed.  Don't get one at rent-to-own, dummie

Then many are in places with faulty electric or really bad appliances. But you can’t beat the rent. No argument here

There is a lot more in this argument than just how much and health. There is what is really going on as a whole.

Stupid dummie. Really stupid dummie. I guess maybe if you didn't buy weed, beer and cigs, you might have more money to spend on food. Who am I going to believe... you or my lying eyes when I am at the grocery store?   :loser: :loser:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
Interesting how she refers to how much people 'make' in food stamps.

You don't earn or make those ... They are GIVEN to you. That's why we bitch about what you buy.

Sheesh, they'll never get it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »
Interesting how she refers to how much people 'make' in food stamps.

You don't earn or make those ... They are GIVEN to you. That's why we bitch about what you buy.

Sheesh, they'll never get it.

KC
They're "making" the "rich" more equal through the "fairness" of redistribution. You are welcome for this glimpse into the mind of a lib.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 10:14:25 PM »
$200/month for food.   :lmao:

My car "eats" better than that.  I spend $600/month on gasoline alone, thanks to Barry and Co.   :argh:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline kraven

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »
For our family of 6, I spend $2000 a month on food. That includes eating out. We eat pretty damn good on that. Following DUmmie logic, dividing that by 30 is $66 a day. Dividing that up by 3 meals a day, that is $22 a meal. Don't forget to divide by number of people, in my case, 6 people. So, $3.60 a meal. Not a hell of a lot more than the DUmmy, and the Spouse and I work our asses off for that money. The DUmmy can sleep all day, lessening it's caloric requirements.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 10:35:13 PM »
Food stamps started as a SUPPLEMENT to get people through the month, how that turned into a program where people totally rely on it is beyond me. Also people who use food stamps go from food bank to food bank, and yeah I've seen these same people walking around with an i-phone. People have their priorities totally screwed up. Yes I realize there are people out there who have a legitimate need, but it's naive to think every single person who gets food stamps has a legitimate need, like it or not people are using the system.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:39:38 PM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 11:04:11 PM »
Food stamps started as a SUPPLEMENT to get people through the month, how that turned into a program where people totally rely on it is beyond me. Also people who use food stamps go from food bank to food bank, and yeah I've seen these same people walking around with an i-phone. People have their priorities totally screwed up. Yes I realize there are people out there who have a legitimate need, but it's naive to think every single person who gets food stamps has a legitimate need, like it or not people are using the system.

It's easy to tell the ones in the grocery store that are not generational welfare pukes on food stamps. They are the ones with the calculator and buying store brands.

I have no problem with helping those people. Organic waste matter happens sometimes. That is what it is what meant for.   :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
It's easy to tell the ones in the grocery store that are not generational welfare pukes on food stamps. They are the ones with the calculator and buying store brands.

I have no problem with helping those people. Organic waste matter happens sometimes. That is what it is what meant for.   :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

I bust my ass running from store to store to get items on sale, I also buy in bulk to save money, and I buy store brands, in particular I do most of my shopping at Aldi's which has off brands. I have sinus issues and my cousin happened to see at the pharmacy that Walmart has their own version of Advil Cold and Sinus out now, he tried it and he said it works the same as the brand name, when I run out of the Advil I sure as heck am going to go to Walmart and purchase their brand. I feel bad for people who are going through a rough time, a lot of us have been there at 1 time or another, but I can't deal with those who have the mentality that they're owed something, especially when I see young people using an EBT card, seriously? get your butt out there and scrub floors if you have to.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 11:32:04 PM »
I bust my ass running from store to store to get items on sale, I also buy in bulk to save money, and I buy store brands, in particular I do most of my shopping at Aldi's which has off brands. I have sinus issues and my cousin happened to see at the pharmacy that Walmart has their own version of Advil Cold and Sinus out now, he tried it and he said it works the same as the brand name, when I run out of the Advil I sure as heck am going to go to Walmart and purchase their brand. I feel bad for people who are going through a rough time, a lot of us have been there at 1 time or another, but I can't deal with those who have the mentality that they're owed something, especially when I see young people using an EBT card, seriously? get your butt out there and scrub floors if you have to.

Sinus problems, huh? Me too Bally! Bad. I can sympathize.  Makes my upper teeth hurt. :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Maybe we should go post on DU and whine about it!  :tongue: :tongue:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline longview

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:10 AM »
Back when the kids and were really, really poor, we could have gotten food stamps.  They would have given us $400/month.  (I was an interpreter for the welfare office and a worker tried to get me to sign up by telling me how much)  I only spent $250 tops at that time for four of us.  I was tempted, but the thought felt like someone jerked a choke chain around my neck. 

It was then that we developed a taste, a preference even, for oriental and Hispanic foods.  Very inexpensive, healthy, and taste good.  Not the restaurant crud one gets, but the basic food that millions live on quite well.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 12:50:16 AM »
Bally is so right. The system is being over used and nearly completely abused.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »
I, too, love the way Lady Freedumb refers to government money as something she 'makes' - like she's working for it.  DUmmie - no wonder you are so pathetic. You can't even use the correct terminology for how you get that money. I guess if you can blatantly lie to yourself and say you are making that money, then you can also convince yourself that you aren't paid enough for all that hard work you aren't doing.  It pisses me off thinking about how people are now trained to think that just being from this once prosperous country means they deserve something for nothing.

A tip to you DUmmies - check out ethnic stores.  Their products are so much cheaper than regular grocery stores.  Rice, beans/lentils, spices, fresh vegetables etc. can be purchased in bulk. There are plenty of online ethnic grocery sites that offer flat rate shipping (or even free in some cases) for those who don't have local stores.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 08:54:45 AM »
Bally is so right. The system is being over used and nearly completely abused.

If you want to know just how bad is it being abused, work as a cashier at a 24-hour Walmart on the first of the month!   :argh:

Shopping carts piled to overflowing with "food" (sodas, chips, cookies, cakes, frozen stuff that's half thawed, TV dinners, etc.) being pushed by women and followed by children that don't look like they've missed any meals in the last several years.  Some are almost as wide as they are tall!   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 08:11:30 AM »
I, too, love the way Lady Freedumb refers to government money as something she 'makes' - like she's working for it.

The Las Vegas Leviathan did that too.  He would talk of his welfare as "getting paid." 

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 08:18:53 AM »
DUmmie has food for thought.....my brain came away malnourished.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 08:31:04 AM »
Instead of food one should invest in spelling and grammar.  :-)  Food for thought.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 12:08:07 AM »
The Las Vegas Leviathan did that too.  He would talk of his welfare as "getting paid." 

These people are either stupid, or there's a real disconnect on how government gets its money.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 12:10:26 AM »
These people are either stupid, or there's a real disconnect on how government gets its money.

Nope.  The DUmmies know that "their" money comes from the labor of others.  They just feel that being alive that they are entitled to what others have.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 05:41:35 AM »
Nope.  The DUmmies know that "their" money comes from the labor of others.  They just feel that being alive that they are entitled to what others have.

Target!  H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.