Author Topic: Drunken TomInTib Saves A Thread  (Read 947 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Drunken TomInTib Saves A Thread
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:38:28 PM »
So the hopelessly unemployable alcoholic Pitt starts one of the DUmp's favorite types of thread - tipping policy. It's a guaranteed DUmmy magnet, where dozens of welfare mooches and minimum wage toilers and can brag about how generous they are with waitresses in restaurants they've never entered. The lies are all similar and really boring. On average, the DUmp has a tipping thread about once every ten days or so.

But then TiTtyboy Hollis Wright shows up, one alcoholic posting on another alcoholic's thread. TiT takes the lying to a new level, and saves Pitt's thread from being an absolute bore:

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
WilliamPitt (53,726 posts)

"I don't tip."

http://ifyoucantaffordtotip.com/
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022430139#post94

DollarBillHines (1,631 posts)

93. As I posted below.

If you frequent the same hotel(s), the best bar trick in the world are the tips you left on previous stays. I love to go into the crowded bar at the Ellis in Atlanta and a Manhattan magically appears.

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 01:57 PM

89. Agreed, on the hotel thing.
At the hotels where I most frequently stay, the entire staff knows me by name.

I treat them with respect and I tip everyone, including desk staff.

Makes a huge difference in a crowded bar, especially if I am hosting business associates. The best bar trick is the tips you left on your prior stays.

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 02:00 PM
Sekhmets Daughter (4,587 posts)

91. Yep...
And it never hurts in a new place to wait until the second round to start a tab!

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 02:06 PM

It'll get you a better pour on a decent bourbon, too.

Now TiT has "business associates"! And he frequently travels outside California!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Drunken TomInTib Saves A Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
Now TiT has "business associates"! And he frequently travels outside California!

Won't be long before we'll be re-regaled with stories of his private jam sessions with legends of the music industry on their private yachts.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »

He probably still does some secret missions for "The Company" ever so often.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
More than likely he shows up at a flophouse near Five Points in Atlanta and the front clerk goes, "Aw, shit--we barely got the shit stains out of the towels and sheets from the last time he skipped the bill!!!"
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
Isn't TiT one of the record execs that screwed Chef over back in the 70s?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
More than likely he shows up at a flophouse near Five Points in Atlanta and the front clerk goes, "Aw, shit--we barely got the shit stains out of the towels and sheets from the last time he skipped the bill!!!"

I lived in Atlanta for a few years and I know the area of which you speak.  The inhabitants of Five Points are probably a few social steps above TiT. 

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »
Isn't TiT one of the record execs that screwed Chef over back in the 70s?

With a green highlighter. And that does not make sense. Why would a SEAL/Marine/River Boat Pilot/self-proclaimed most awesome man in the world attack someone with with a green highlighter? Does that make sense? NO! It. does. not. make. sense.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Delmar

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »
With a green highlighter. And that does not make sense. Why would a SEAL/Marine/River Boat Pilot/self-proclaimed most awesome man in the world attack someone with with a green highlighter? Does that make sense? NO! It. does. not. make. sense.

Damn it, he's using the Chewbacca defense.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 09:36:15 PM »
Damn it, he's using the Chewbacca defense.
Don't bring the First Lady into this.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
He probably still does some secret missions for "The Company" ever so often.

He probably brags to people that he knows where a certain black helicopter is kept when it's not flown by some guy named Hawke and his friend Dom.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 10:53:09 PM »
What a train wreck!  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 10:53:44 PM »
He probably brags to people that he knows where a certain black helicopter is kept when it's not flown by some guy named Hawke and his friend Dom.

Ah hell; he probably joy rides in that black helicopter all the time.  Point a shotgun in Hawke's chest and he backs down like a wuss, every time.

:lmao:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 01:05:22 AM »
The best part of the DU thread is reading this link http://ifyoucantaffordtotip.com/

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 01:14:38 AM »

I wonder if his parole officer knows about this.....  :whistling:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 05:25:22 AM »

I don't get this at all.   I go to a restaurant, and service is completely conditioned on money I must pay in addition to the prices on the menu.   

If that is the case, then they need to implement a self-serve component to dining.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 05:31:37 AM »
One more thought.   Why aren't these restaurants covered by unions?   Shouldn't the restaurant be paying them a wage they can live a "decent life" on?

I am confused.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 05:44:41 AM »

I don't get this at all.   I go to a restaurant, and service is completely conditioned on money I must pay in addition to the prices on the menu.  

If that is the case, then they need to implement a self-serve component to dining.

Tipping is something nearly unheard of here.

There's usually a Tips jar on the counter where you pay the bill on leaving the establishment - but in general it's not done unless you've received exceptional service and wish to reward it.

Granted that staff in such places are paid a fairly fat "minimum wage" and the prices for food are proportionally greater.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 09:15:28 AM »
Tipping is something nearly unheard of here.

There's usually a Tips jar on the counter where you pay the bill on leaving the establishment - but in general it's not done unless you've received exceptional service and wish to reward it.

Granted that staff in such places are paid a fairly fat "minimum wage" and the prices for food are proportionally greater.
I know. It just seems strange not to.
I've taken to carrying a dozen US two dollar bills with me. Find out if waiter/waitress has kids/grandkids, then give out the bills as something the kids might enjoy.
US dollar coins also work.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline dixierose

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »
I make 2.85 an hour as a server. I rely on tips to pay my bills. For the most part; I get good tips (20% or so); but every once in a while I have a bad day. Last Saturday I had FOUR tables not leave me a dime...and I'm a good server. No one runs out of drinks, and I check on them a couple of times. The worst tippers are teenagers and French Canadians....you're lucky if you get anything from them.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
My first visit to Japan, I had yet to master the art of minimizing luggage on international trips.

I had a really big suitcase, heavy as lead, and a couple of good-sized duffel bags.

When we finally reached the hotel in downtown Tokyo, a skinny little bellman wrestled and strained to wrangle my luggage onto a cart, then at the room repeated the job. Finally, exhausted, he exercised his English to explain everything in the room.

When he turned to leave, I tried to give him a tip. He looked as embarrassed as if I'd dropped my pants, and refused the tip.

It takes some getting used to when cabbies, waiters, and other service employees reject the idea of gratuities, but it's pretty nice.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 11:27:05 AM »
I make 2.85 an hour as a server. I rely on tips to pay my bills. For the most part; I get good tips (20% or so); but every once in a while I have a bad day. Last Saturday I had FOUR tables not leave me a dime...and I'm a good server. No one runs out of drinks, and I check on them a couple of times. The worst tippers are teenagers and French Canadians....you're lucky if you get anything from them.

:racist: :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 11:31:03 AM »
I usually tip around 20%, but I have a friend who is a stingy tipper, and I've been known to add some cash to her tip to avoid being embarrassed  :rant:

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 11:31:42 AM »

93. As I posted below.

If you frequent the same hotel(s), the best bar trick in the world are the tips you left on previous stays. I love to go into the crowded bar at the Ellis in Atlanta and a Manhattan magically appears.

Does he have any friends at the DUmp?  I think he is the most pompous asshole I have ever seen.  His posts just ooze "I am soooooo rich and better than you".  He is disgusting.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »
Does he have any friends at the DUmp?  I think he is the most pompous asshole I have ever seen.  His posts just ooze "I am soooooo rich and better than you".  He is disgusting.
It's all an act.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
I usually tip around 20%, but I have a friend who is a stingy tipper, and I've been known to add some cash to her tip to avoid being embarrassed  :rant:

I just got back from a company paid class and well I basically tipped 30% on all my bills.  I got busted.  My company only allows for a 18% tip.  WTF?  :o

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.