Author Topic: "Just read an ironic piece." (nadin laughs )  (Read 387 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

"Just read an ironic piece." (nadin laughs )
« on: February 05, 2013, 11:48:40 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022319917

Brand new:

Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Just read an ironic piece...

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 12:24 AM

nadinbrzezinski (115,702 posts)

Just read an ironic piece

Last edited Wed Feb 6, 2013, 12:24 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

In gaming fiction, since it applies to the current US

Imagine politicians who are forced into almost constant campaigning and a strong public service with bureaucrats controlling things, with a secret agency being the true power behind all?

I had to laugh. With Citizens United we are in the age of constant campaigning and staff has developed expertise beyond that of the pols they serve. Some might even argue the national security state does control a lot of what goes on behind the shadows...

Art, as always, is a mirror...and this being a Canadian work...(Heavy Gear, Southern Field Guide write up on the Southern Republic). I confess, I read this paragraph a few times and had a good laugh.

:whatever:

Offline chitownchica

Re: "Just read an ironic piece." (nadin laughs )
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »
This is going to be a great week for capturing Nadin's posts. She has a point to prove to Zappaman and other bullies.  I'm looking forward to the meltdown.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:38:37 AM »
Well, the oblate spheroid can have her laugh--for whatever reason--no matter how long or loud of a laugh it is, it's nothing compared with the laughter of decent and civilized people at her arrogant pomposity and hauteur.

Too bad for the oblate spheroid.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »
Citizens United has nothing to do with it.  The fact is that the federal beuracracy rights parts of bills that are passed by a congress that never bothers to read them.  In other words, they are essentially governing themselves with no oversight from legislatures that are far more interested in Dominican prostitutes than actually governing. 

Add in the career beuracrats, the executives, sit in their jobs for years, essentially untouchable and you have a recipe for the rule of a thousand little tyrants.  You wind up with a government as malformed and as non-responsive as the one we have today.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken