Author Topic: DU, gun control, A Tale of Two Cities  (Read 523 times)

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
DU, gun control, A Tale of Two Cities
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »
The other fictional spirit-guides and I have been watching the gun issue with much astonishment. We've been especially intrigued by the rants of DUers. THe fictional spirit-guides who've never had much contact with the Dummies ask, "can these morons really be that stupid?" The guides who have had contact with the Dummies assures them that they can be that stupid and much, much more.

One of the fictional spirit-guides wondered why Obama didn't just make crimes like assault and murder against the law because if the bad guys will obey gun laws surely they will obey all the other laws. We all had a good laugh about at that one.

When the issue was brought up about limiting magazine capacity to 7 rounds or less one of the fictional spirit-guides remarked that doing so should make all of the people killed during the US Revolution and Civil War with weapons that would hold 7 rounds or less feel much better. One responded that such a brilliant ruling would probably magically bring back to life all of the people killed before the invention of firearms.

Can you imagine if it did bring those people back to life? You could invite the Spartan 300 and many of Atilla's Huns home to dinner. And you could feel perfectly safe doing so because firearms have been limited to 7 rounds or less.

Now to be completely honest, I don't have a firearm at all. I'm a fictional spirit-guide so I've got fictional spirit-guide mojo that I can use. Granted, I don't always use it for defense. Sometime I just use the mojo for laughs. Who do you think made Pitt think he was a writer or put the phrase "24 business hours" in Leopold's mind?

Because of my lack of firearm ownership and knowledge and despite the joking of my fellow fictional spirit-guides I began to wonder if maybe gun control would make a difference. I decided to check things out for myself. I went to a website called cityrating.com and checked the violent crime statistics for two cities. The cities that I choose to compare were Obama's home city of Chicago where I've heard they've been very progressive with control laws and Kennesaw, Ga where every head of household (with a few exceptions) is required to own a firearm and ammunition.

I picked these cities not only because of their gun laws but also because of their political leanings. Chicago is full of wonderful Obamaites. Kennesaw, Ga has a high population of evil rethugs.

Based on the statistics it appears that progressive gun control laws do indeed make a difference. It seems that you're much safer walking down the street in a place populated by evil rethugs (Kennesaw) than a gun controlled paradise populated by wonderful Obamaites (Chicago).

If you doubt me the graphs from the  City Rating website are below, and before any Dummies complain about the difference in city size you should know that the graphs are based on incidents per 100,000 inhabitants.

First up we have Kennesaw (in green) that is populated with evil rethugs.

Then we have Chicago (again in green) that is populated with wonderful gun controlled Obamaites.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:22:31 AM by FlippyDoo »
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DU, gun control, A Tale of Two Cities
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
That is so excellent.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 08:51:04 AM »
That is so excellent.

Earns FlippyDoo an H5 from me.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »
I love it when a fictional spirit-guide hands the imbeciles of the DUmp their ass.

HI5!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.