Author Topic: What is the conversion rate on DU of elephants to young black men?  (Read 367 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Seedersandleechers (2,557 posts)

View profile
Poachers kill 11 elephants in Kenya
Source: Irish Times

Poachers killed a family of 11 elephants in the biggest single mass shooting of the animals on record in Kenya, wildlife officials said today.

A gang of about 10 attackers hacked off the elephants' tusks in Tsavo East National Park on Saturday, officials said - the latest sign of a resurgence of mostly Asian demand for ivory jewellery and ornaments.

"(It) shows the great lengths these criminal cartels are ready to go to get ivory. It's really tragic," Kenya Wildlife Service spokesman Paul Udo told Reuters via Twitter.

He said it was the worst single incident of its kind recorded in the East African country. Elephant poaching in Kenya declined sharply after 1989 when the government banned trade in ivory.

Read more: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0107/breaking46.html

Hey, DU? About 11 people get shot in Chicago every week.

The usual DU rage/handwringing ensues.

Outside of St. Trayvon the Airbrushed Martyr, the slaying of young black men on a near-daily basis registers nary a peep on DU, despite the fact that most of these slayings are carried out by ...DUM-dum-dummmmm... GUNS!

Still, I imagine that, say, a weekend in which, oh, 100 black men are killed in 0bamatown might register a few harumpfs on DU. Not, however, the outpouring of emoticons that you see when the least of Gaia's creatures are killed by poachers.

But James Holmes had no concern for human life. Nor did Jared Loughner...
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
Re: What is the conversion rate on DU of elephants to young black men?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »
Africa has created its own problem and a thriving black market by not harvesting and managing the herds.  When something is in short supply and there is money that chases it the result 100% of the time is a black market...

When will we learn, 5000 years of written history has told us nothing it seems
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:45:58 AM »
Africa has created its own problem and a thriving black market by not harvesting and managing the herds.  When something is in short supply and there is money that chases it the result 100% of the time is a black market...

:racist:

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:59:26 AM »
Africa has created its own problem and a thriving black market by not harvesting and managing the herds.  When something is in short supply and there is money that chases it the result 100% of the time is a black market marché noir...

There, I fixed it for you, Thundley.
DUmpmonkeys love teh Fwench.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”