Author Topic: Sam Donaldson To Tea Partiers: “It’s Not Your Country Anymore”  (Read 897 times)

Offline formerlurker

Star Member proud2BlibKansan (94,956 posts)

View profile
Sam Donaldson To Tea Partiers: “It’s Not Your Country Anymore”

“It’s our country,” not yours, says former ABC star Sam Donaldson.

“It’s the Tea Party and thinking of the Tea Party and people like that that are driving the Republicans out of contention as a national party,” he said.

Donaldson said that he had a particular aversion to the campaign slogan “We want to take back our country.”

“Guys, it’s not your country anymore – it’s our country and you’re part of it, but that thinking is going to defeat Republicans nationally if they don’t get rid of it,” he said.

more ... http://www.alan.com/2012/12/26/sam-donaldson-to-tea-partiers-its-not-your-country-anymore/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+liberaland+%28Alan+Colmes+Liberaland%29&utm_content=FaceBook

bobclark86 (84 posts)
5. It's still their country...

View profile
when Boehner can't pass anything without them.

That said, this divisive "It's my country, not YOURS," crap is very old and equally annoying. I remember the screams after the PATRIOT ACT was passed, telling me, "If you don't like it, then you can GET OUT!". I remember the "America Vs. Obama" yard signs covering my area (and some are still left, I'm pretty sure just for the lulz), telling me if I want a Democrat in the White House, I'm a communist who wants Muslims to take over America.

We're all Americans. Even when my side says it, it's still annoying as ****. I seem a certain election in 1994 which led to a particular party being kicked to the minority for 12 years. We shouldn't be so cocky. Obama didn't win as many states as the last election. A clear mandate would have come if we swept the House. Since Boehner's still in charge, we obviously didn't.

Working together is the only way out of this cluster****. This shit isn't helping.

That also said, **** the teabaggers.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022073681

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

What?  You aren't dead yet, Sam? :confused:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

What?  You aren't dead yet, Sam? :confused:

No, but apparently he is suffering from Alzheimer's.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Or just drunk, his normal mode of operation for several decades.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant

And here I was thinking it was delusions of adequacy. :thatsright:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline I_B_Perky

Sam Donaldson reportedly arrested on suspicion of DUI

Call a cab next time, Sam. :whatever:

I can see him telling the cops: "But, but I'm Sam Donaldson!!! You can't arrest me!!!!"
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Donaldson said that he had a particular aversion to the campaign slogan “We want to take back our country.”

And where exactly was Sam when the kooks were saying the same thing during the Bush years?

Yeah, I know.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
I can see him telling the cops: "But, but I'm Sam Donaldson!!! You can't arrest me!!!!"

That only works if you're a Kennedy.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline cattlebaron

• Just Off Probation
The day I take my political advice from Sam is the last day anyone takes me seriously. I mean, well hell, I guess if Sam says that the Tea Party has hurt the Republican Party it must be true. Gee, it's kinda like Chris Matthews has a pretty good idea what his guests are going to say before he brings them on the show doesn't it.

You have to really upset the silent majority in order to get them protesting. It's a grass roots rebirth and popular active awareness of Conservatism in America.

Offline Vagabond

Not my country, huh?  That's okay.  I can wait.   Liberals made a lot of promises about what the government can do, even though not enough money exists for it all.  Fiscal conservative is still going to happen, one way or the other.  When that happens, I bet a lot of people will discover a need to live a more conservative lifestyle.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Sam Donaldson To Tea Partiers: “It’s Not Your Country Anymore”
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 08:26:13 AM »
He should just use the David Gregory defense..."I was just doing it for a story on drunk driving...it is for the public good."
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti

“It’s our country,” not yours, says former ABC star Sam Donaldson.

“It’s the Tea Party and thinking of the Tea Party and people like that that are driving the Republicans out of contention as a national party,” he said.

How many times have we heard this same bullshit from these cretins?  Every time a democrat gets elected, they pronounce Conservatism dead.

I guess we'll have to wait for the off year elections and the mid terms to see what happens, won't we, Sam?   :whatever:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Online DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
That only works if you're a Kennedy.

If Liz Warren can go back in her genealogy and discover injun heritage, then it should be a lead-pipe cinch for Sammy to go back in his past and discover he's the long lost bastard of - Nazi-lovin' - Joe Kennedy. :fuelfire:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline jukin

The same Sam Donaldson that hated Reagan?  The guy that yelled Reagan would start WWIII? The man that was all wrong on the greatest economic expansion in the history of the world under Reagan?

I guess in America 180 where being incorrect 100% of the time makes you an expert, Donaldson is correct.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I guess in America 180 where being incorrect 100% of the time makes you an expert, Donaldson is correct.

For us older kids it's "Bizarro World America."

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Airwolf

Sam needs to shut up and retire. He has already been an embarrassment for years.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Sam Donaldson is clearly in the "has been" bin.  :mental: :lmao:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ChuckJ

Whenever I think of Sam I think of the exchange below.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZMafGzDJdo[/youtube]
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Airwolf

Whenever I think of Sam I think of the exchange below.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZMafGzDJdo[/youtube]

Massive fail on Sams part right there,LMAO.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline I_B_Perky

How many times have we heard this same bullshit from these cretins?  Every time a democrat gets elected, they pronounce Conservatism dead.

I guess we'll have to wait for the off year elections and the mid terms to see what happens, won't we, Sam?   :whatever:

Lessee Wasp69... last time I heard that was in.... oh 2008. The GOP died. The GOP was gone. The country had changed. Et freaking cetra. Then in 2010, things kinda went the opposite of what he said.   :lmao: :lmao:

What the dems and their media wing pundits do not seem to realize is that there are a lot of successful GOP folks at the state political level. That is the minor leagues in politics for the national level. If things don't get better, I don't see the dems winning the white house in 2014. Way too many successful GOP govs for that. Of course it will be "They didn't get their message out" crap again.

BTW Mr Donaldson... might I suggest Al Anon? Seems like you may be in need of their services.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Shut up Sam and have another drink you wig wearing assclown.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
What the dems and their media wing pundits do not seem to realize is that there are a lot of successful GOP folks at the state political level. That is the minor leagues in politics for the national level.

Yes, and the Republicans--conservatives in particular--have a deep bench.  Niot so much for the Dems.

If things don't get better, I don't see the dems winning the white house in 2014.

Neither do I, or in 2016, when the next Presidential election is.  There's a lot of talk about how Eric Holder is being groomed for a presidential run in 2016.  I think that Fast & Furious will sink him.  Hillary Clinton?  Where's she been at?  Benghazi should keep her on the sidelines.  Slow Joe Biden?  Marco Rubio will bury him.  And he will "get his message out."

BTW Mr Donaldson... might I suggest Al Anon? Seems like you may be in need of their services.

Naah--he needs straight AA.  Al Anon is for the families of alcoholics.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline I_B_Perky

Neither do I, or in 2016, when the next Presidential election is.  There's a lot of talk about how Eric Holder is being groomed for a presidential run in 2016.  I think that Fast & Furious will sink him.  Hillary Clinton?  Where's she been at?  Benghazi should keep her on the sidelines.  Slow Joe Biden?  Marco Rubio will bury him.  And he will "get his message out."

Naah--he needs straight AA.  Al Anon is for the families of alcoholics.

I was thinking about the next election cycle and typed that instead of 2016. So sue me.   :tongue:
I don't see Biden getting out of the dem primary in 2016 but then stranger things have happened.

I meant AA. Too lazy to type it out. Never heard of Al Anon. BTW... is there an LA? Liberals Anonymous? That is surely needed.  :fuelfire:

Montani Semper Liberi