Author Topic: primitives remember September 11.....1973  (Read 566 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives remember September 11.....1973
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:46:17 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9116147

Oh my.

Puregonzo1188 (497 posts)        Sat Sep-11-10 04:08 PM
Original message

September 11, 1973

While I am sure we are all remembering, with great sadness, the tragedy that befell our nation nine years to ago today, I think it's important we also remember another tragedy that befell another nation today. Thirty-seven years ago a coup was carried out in Chile that removed the democratically elected government and replaced it with a brutal military dictatorship that lasted until 1990.

In the months that followed 40,000 supporters of the democratically elected government were rounded up, imprisoned, tortured, and in many cases killed or disappeared. Among them was a folk singer Victor Jara.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_Chilean_coup_d\' état

Because every human life is sacred, not just American life, I think it's important that remember not only the American who lost their lives today, but the Chileans as well, as well as, everyone human life that was needlessly extinguished by violence, terrorism, and/or war.

Presente

And immediately, as if on cue, Doug's stupid ex-wife jumps in, so as to solidify her faux credentials as a "Latina":

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-11-10 04:18 PM
DOUG'S STUPID EX-WIFE, #03 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Response to Original message

2. K&R

Smarmie Doofus  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-11-10 04:21 PM

3. RECOMMEND. And lest we forget....

... our gov't was complicit in bringing down the democracy.

"Our gov't" recognized that Allende was a lousy leader, and that Chile, and South America, and the whole world, would be better off without him.

Cleita  (1000+ posts)        Sun Sep-12-10 02:30 AM
Response to Reply #7

36. Nixon did die in disgrace, something that hasn't happened to BushCo yet, but Kissinger is still wandering around rich and free. Why hasn't Chile petitioned The Hague to put him on trial for his crimes in Chile, most notably the assassination of a legitimate President of a sovereign nation?

defendandprotect  (1000+ posts)        Sun Sep-12-10 02:45 AM
Response to Reply #15

39. 9/11/01 was another product of corrupt US government ...

and our democracy if we ever actually had one may be permanently gone --

burrowowl  (1000+ posts)        Sun Sep-12-10 12:49 AM

30. I remeber it and was outraged. The French were very aware of CIA complicity.

So the French knew.

Whoop-dee-doo.  What's the significance in that, that the French knew?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: primitives remember September 11.....1973
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:15:41 AM »
Because every human life is sacred, not just American life, I think it's important that remember not only the American who lost their lives today, but the Chileans as well, as well as, everyone human life that was needlessly extinguished by violence, terrorism, and/or war.

How silly, I don't expect Chileans or any other Country to feel the same about 9/11 as Americans do about it, that would be as silly as going on to a Chilean message board and they're discussing 9/11/73 and an American pops in telling them they should be remembering our 9/11.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »

How silly, I don't expect Chileans or any other Country to feel the same about 9/11 as Americans do about it, that would be as silly as going on to a Chilean message board and they're discussing 9/11/73 and an American pops in telling them they should be remembering our 9/11.

Exactly BG, I agree with you.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
Talk about a bitter bunch. Pinochet got rid of leftists and made Chile a much better place without them. Allende was no good.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du