Author Topic: Chief S itting Bull wants to go into the hospitality business (update 08-19)  (Read 2467 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Chief S itting Bull wants to go into the hospitality business
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:48 PM »
Holy shit, girl!!!! I smell an AWESOME movie script in there!!!!  :bow:

I'm serious...I'm picturing a Sam Shepherd/Sam Elliot or maybe a younger guy like Chris Cooper.

Now you've done it...my muse is giving me a mental handjob.  :rotf:

You actually made SENSE out of what she said?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 05:49:00 AM »
You actually made SENSE out of what she said?

Of course! Remember, I get paid to make shit up, just like the Mocha Messiah. Difference is, it's actually in MY job description.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 09:47:05 AM »
Update:

Redstone  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-18-10 06:22 PM
CHIEF S ITTING BULL, THE BIRD-SMACKING STONED RED-FACED PRIMITIVE
HAS NOT YET DONATED TO THE 3rd QUARTER FUND DRIVE FOR SKINS'S ISLAND!!!
Response to Original message

37. My son and I went to see the place today. It's amazing how many people who are now considered BIG STARS stayed there in the past, because they acted in the Playhouse around the corner.

I have a lot of thoughts to process right now, but my (and my son's) initial impression is that the place is wonderful and has a ton of potential, but the owner is (in my son's words) a bit sketchy.

We're going to have to look at this very carefully. And I'm going to have to use my best hardheaded business judgement, not my emotions, in order to make a final decision. Though, God, I love the place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
By the way, I'm starting to get an idea for another book.

There was a half-hour situation comedy on television during the 1970s, in which some guy played a retired psychologist who opened up an inn.  My classmates and roommates used to watch it all the time, and comment upon it; I myself would just see split-second images of it while walking past the television on the way to the beer refrigerator, and so I'm not sure the story line it involved.

I'll be checking it out on Google.

Chief S itting Bull as innkeeper; now, that would make a great story.
apres moi, le deluge

There was a half-hour situation comedy on television during the 1970s, in which some guy played a retired psychologist who opened up an inn.  My classmates and roommates used to watch it all the time, and comment upon it; I myself would just see split-second images of it while walking past the television on the way to the beer refrigerator, and so I'm not sure the story line it involved.

I wonder if you're thinking of "Hot L Baltimore?"

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!

I'll be checking it out on Google.

Chief S itting Bull as innkeeper; now, that would make a great story.

Frank -- you may be thinking of the second version of the Bob Newhart Show -- he retires and runs an inn in Vermont, I believe.  I think it was in the 80s. 

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Frank -- you may be thinking of the second version of the Bob Newhart Show -- he retires and runs an inn in Vermont, I believe.  I think it was in the 80s. 

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of too, but he said the 70's, which of course got me intellectually "erect."  :naughty:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator

Now that you mention it, "Bob Newhart" sounds familiar.

I just never paid attention, but I'm sure it was in the late 1970s.....and if in the 1980s, it had to have been 1980 or 1981, no later.

I'm getting this story-line about Chief S itting Bull always getting drunk and fist-fighting with guests.

Much as the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive does in real life.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »
Of course! Remember, I get paid to make shit up, just like the Mocha Messiah. Difference is, it's actually in MY job description.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Here's the wikiness:

LINK

Newhart is a television situation comedy starring comedian Bob Newhart and actress Mary Frann as an author and his wife who owned and operated a historic inn located in a small, rural Vermont town that was populated by eccentric characters. The show aired on the CBS network from October 25, 1982 to May 21, 1990. TV Guide, TV Land, and other media organizations named its series finale as one of the most memorable in television history.

Bob Newhart plays Dick Loudon, an author of do-it-yourself books. He and his wife Joanna move from New York City to a small, unnamed town in rural Vermont to operate the historic Stratford Inn.[1] Dick is a sane, mild-mannered everyman surrounded by a community of oddballs in a town which exists in an illogical world run by rules that elude him.

Of course in Redstone's case, he'd be the eccentric . . .
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Well, damn, the memory's flawed.

I thought the show was on when I was still in college, but apparently it went on shortly thereafter.

Excresence happens.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Hi I'm Larry.  This is my brother Darrell, and this is my other brother Darrell.

Good stuff.  :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Hi I'm Larry.  This is my brother Darrell, and this is my other brother Darrell.

Good stuff.  :-)

That line pops into my head everytime someone mentions the name Darrell  :mental:  :-)
Piney Power!!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
That line pops into my head everytime someone mentions the name Darrell  :mental:  :-)

Me too.  And the guys I know with that name, don't see the humor I do in it.   :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Not sure if he realizes how difficult something like this is, and even though he thinks his wife is a good cook doesn't mean everyone else will.

In this Bummer economy, I think a restaurant is a pretty lousy idea! From what I've seen around here, goin' out to dinner is pretty low on most peoples agenda. All the places around here are seeing quite a decrease in clientele.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
"bump" in memory of Redstone.
apres moi, le deluge