Author Topic: Hicks in the sticks...a surreal experience yesterday  (Read 2177 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Hicks in the sticks...a surreal experience yesterday
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
there was this big silver truck that showed up behind me, typical weekend warrior city slicker type, with the motorcross bikes in the back.

This coming from a granola chewing hemp clothes wearing Prius driving Liberal dickhead. :bird:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jukin

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
When impeached former president Clinton was lying to the entire country and to the grand jury, FOX News was not yet on the air.

Never let reality nor facts get in the way of a good liberal revision of history.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
When impeached former president Clinton was lying to the entire country and to the grand jury, FOX News was not yet on the air.

Never let reality nor facts get in the way of a good liberal revision of history.

Fox News started in 1996. But since Clinton's lies started on 1/20/1993, you are technically correct.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »
Unfortunately, near-neighbor, there's a fair number of them where I am.  Mainly where I work.
Same here. The amusing thing is that this area is so dependent on the military it's not funny.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 11:09:15 AM »
This coming from a granola chewing hemp clothes wearing Prius driving Liberal dickhead. :bird:

I love those guy coming up here from New York or other flatland regions during the winter.  "Ey, I'm from fawkin New Yawk City!  We knows about wintah!"

Uh, no.  No, you don't.  If the person was from upstate NY, I might agree.  But by and large, it's amazing how many cars with out-of-state plates are in the ditches on the road to Conway, etc, any given storm weekend.  And of course, NONE of these idiots pack a kit for it, NONE of these idiots are dressed for it, etc...

One weekend in the Sierras in January--that's all it takes.  That Prius will be buried until about MAY, with the frozen douchcicles still inside.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »
"Snow tires?  What are those?"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
:bow:

Outstanding Molery on FirstLight's part.  Simply beautiful!

No matter how much you say stupid stuff like that it will never be true.  Most of the folks I ride with are professionals.

KC

Not only that, but some of the nicest people you'd want to be around.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »
Sparky, when I lived in Maine, I'd occasionally drive through NH.  One spot I recall was Dixville Notch.  If one gets in trouble driving there, one is fawked.  We encountered no other car during our drive through.  It was very eerie.  If you google Dixville Notch, a map pops up.  There is nothing surrounding the lone road through. 

You'd better be prepared, in any weather. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 02:16:30 PM »
You'd better be prepared, in any weather. 

Betcher ass I'll agree with that sentiment.  I ALWAYS carry a small tool and first aid kits, a couple of fleeces, blanket, hat, water-resistant gloves, and MRE.  I don't do a whole lot of off-road stuff, but if another blizzard of 1978 rolls through, better to have a chance when you're facing THIS:

And that's Mass.  Last winter, there were places in the Notches that got FIVE FEET PLUS IN 36 HOURS.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »
Betcher ass I'll agree with that sentiment.  I ALWAYS carry a small tool and first aid kits, a couple of fleeces, blanket, hat, water-resistant gloves, and MRE.  I don't do a whole lot of off-road stuff, but if another blizzard of 1978 rolls through, better to have a chance when you're facing THIS:

And that's Mass.  Last winter, there were places in the Notches that got FIVE FEET PLUS IN 36 HOURS.

I don't get it.  Are these cars parked too close to the beach??  Did the tide come in??  What the hell!

:uhsure:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »
By the way ... it gets cold down here too.  I saw a thermometer once that read something like 45 degrees F.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
I love those guy coming up here from New York or other flatland regions during the winter.  "Ey, I'm from fawkin New Yawk City!  We knows about wintah!"

Uh, no.  No, you don't.  If the person was from upstate NY, I might agree.  But by and large, it's amazing how many cars with out-of-state plates are in the ditches on the road to Conway, etc, any given storm weekend.  And of course, NONE of these idiots pack a kit for it, NONE of these idiots are dressed for it, etc...

One weekend in the Sierras in January--that's all it takes.  That Prius will be buried until about MAY, with the frozen douchcicles still inside.

But at least they'll be environmentally-friendly douchicicles! :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 05:01:21 PM »

What the hell is all that funny lookin' white stuff ?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 06:37:38 PM »
What the hell is all that funny lookin' white stuff ?

It's the White Sands Naval Training Center, right?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
It's the White Sands Naval Training Center, right?

It's all the same to a DUmor . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 06:58:42 PM »

I was in Rhode Island for that blizzard. We got 54 inches that day. The State was shut down for a week. They kept predicting snow was going to start and that there would be X amount by Y time. That went on for a day before it started snowing and Wooooo Baby did it snow. We had over 18 inches in 5 hours where I worked before they sent us home. That was an evil evil drive.

It was the first time I ever heard the Emergency Broadcast System used for what it was intended for. They told us to stay home!  :rotf: :rotf: You can see from Sparky's pic that wasn't going to be happening any time soon anyway. Everybody in the Sate was paid unemployment that week. If you had a family you received food stamps too. They came to you at work to sign you up. Your Federal Disaster money at work.