Author Topic: Hicks in the sticks...a surreal experience yesterday  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Hicks in the sticks...a surreal experience yesterday
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »
FirstLight  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-01-10 12:47 PM
Original message

So I took the kids and headed out yesterday for a 'discovery tour'...up Hwy 88 in the high country of the sierras (near Markleeville)for thhose who know the region, Blue Lakes road was our destination.

This is the high point of family camping season, but there were still not as many people as one would expect to see. so we headed off the beaten path and found a coll dirt road to explore, i knew there was a high lake and some campsites up there so I thought we'd have a nice little adventure... well at one point the road was covered in water so i had to back up and figure out how to turn around...

there was this big silver truck that showed up behind me, typical weekend warrior city slicker type, with the motorcross bikes in the back..

so he backs up and waits for me to get turned around, i smiled and said "thanks!"

his response "Obama SUCKS!" (guess he saw my stickers, huh?)

:wtf:

so we go back up to the main road and head to the next lake area to poke around, this one is paved and more 'populated'
again, no real place to go, so i end up in a parking lot turning around again
...and theres a clutch of older folks on their motorcycles watching us... they begin to laugh loudly and talk MORE OBAMA SMACK... I have my window down, i can hear them chuckling to themselves and saying 'ya, those Obama lovers ain't so smart'

I kid you not.

we managed to find ourselves a nice stream to play in, but the two human interactions out there really disturbed me... what the **** is going on?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8859127

At least he called them hicks and not crackers.  :-)

lonestarnot  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-01-10 12:50 PM
Response to Original message
1. dirtdumb and old farts on motorcycles, consider the ****ing source.

I betcha some of the old farts are former Marines who would kick your ass if you mouthed off to them.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:56:13 AM by Freeper »
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Hicks in the sticks...a surreal experience yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:59:30 AM »
Wake up and smell the coffee, FirstLight.  The Kool-Aid time is just about over.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:50 PM »
Well, perhaps they, like the majority of the country...even a good portion of those who voted for them realize what you obviously are too blind and stupid to see. The man is an incompetent, ideological boob living large on the people's dime. Rest assured, DUmmie, he WILL be stopped because the vast majority of Americans actually love their country and see nothing to apologize for.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »
Oh, noes!1!!eleventy!!  Not everyone thinks Obumbles is Teh Wun!  Double-plus ungood!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 12:15:19 PM »
 :bow:

Outstanding Molery on FirstLight's part.  Simply beautiful!

lonestarnot  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Sun Aug-01-10 12:50 PM

No matter how much you say stupid stuff like that it will never be true.  Most of the folks I ride with are professionals.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
This just might be true.  I know I point and laugh at the very few cars with Obama stickers on them.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 01:03:18 PM »
MorningGlow  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-01-10 01:56 PM
8. "Us vs. them" mentality

Political discourse--or what passes for it these days--has been reduced to the same vapid trash-talking "your side sux" mentality once reserved for mocking an opposing sports team. Facts don't matter; nuances don't matter. If you're the other side, "you suck." Deep, huh? :eyes:

I blame Fox Nooz. It started with the character-assassination takedown of Clinton, and when they found out it worked so well, they kept at it. I also blame the ig'nant in this country for allowing themselves to be brainwashed by said infotainment.

And the divide just gets wider.

:lmao: :lmao:

So much irony in that one post.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
Somebody with search privileges should go over there and pull down a handful of the posts where they screamed at folks with 'W' stickers ... and other vile things.

I would love to have some links to them.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 01:11:23 PM »
Somebody with search privileges should go over there and pull down a handful of the posts where they screamed at folks with 'W' stickers ... and other vile things.

I would love to have some links to them.

KC

There were tons of threads about giving vehicles with a conservative sticker the finger.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
The funny thing is, nowadays it's just as likely the people the DUmmy is yammering about are Democrats.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 02:08:04 PM »
The funny thing is, nowadays it's just as likely the people the DUmmy is yammering about are Democrats.

And that's what make the DUmmies' pain extra-special delicious!

:evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »
Such a sub-zero bouncy, it froze. Into the cooler it goes as ice for the Coke.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »
we managed to find ourselves a nice stream to play in, but the two human interactions out there really disturbed me... what the **** is going on?

:lmao:

OK, seriously now, that Hope and Change AIN'T working out and the Obamabots are the last people who get that.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »
FirstLight  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-01-10 12:47 PM
Original message

Why, son you've done strayed outta dat dere big ceety and met you some reality. Now git that pansy ass prius  turned abouts and make for the interstae afore you gits askired.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »
MorningGlow  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-01-10 01:56 PM
8. "Us vs. them" mentality

Political discourse--or what passes for it these days--has been reduced to the same vapid trash-talking "your side sux" mentality once reserved for mocking an opposing sports team. Facts don't matter; nuances don't matter. If you're the other side, "you suck." Deep, huh? :eyes:

I blame Fox Nooz. It started with the character-assassination takedown of Clinton, and when they found out it worked so well, they kept at it. I also blame the ig'nant in this country for allowing themselves to be brainwashed by said infotainment.

And the divide just gets wider.

Google the name Robert Bork,DUmbass.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
Why, son you've done strayed outta dat dere big ceety and met you some reality. Now git that pansy ass prius  turned abouts and make for the interstae afore you gits askired.

Translation: Quick drive faster, I hear banjos.( DUmmie Mode off )
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 09:07:37 PM »
Translation: Quick drive faster, I hear banjos.( DUmmie Mode off )

DUmmies would row toward the banjos, to sample a little of the local flavor.

"You sure got a purty mouth" is one of their favorite pick-up lines.

:rotf:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »
Souoooooooooooooooooooooiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here pig, pig, pig!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 12:29:54 AM »
:blah:
there was this big silver truck that showed up behind me, typical weekend warrior city slicker type, with the motorcross bikes in the back.

And these people claim they're not bigots.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 05:10:56 AM »
That weekend warrior city slicker type knew the roads, and more importantly how to navigate the roads, though didn't he?   

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 06:47:25 AM »
DUmmy on a motorcycle? A pink trike is more like it.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 06:51:51 AM »
lonestarnot  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Sun Aug-01-10 12:50 PM

Dirtdumb?   Owning a pick up and a stable full of motocross bikes costs a pretty penny.  Stupid people do not earn that kind of money.  May not have a degree in womans studies or philosophy, but they may own their own business, get there at the crack of dawn and stay still the sun goes down. 
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Karin

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 07:51:56 AM »
I know I point and laugh at the very few cars with Obama stickers on them.
 I would, too, Jukin, but I can't find any.  I look for them.  Not there.  

What is it with this "WTF is going on?"   Haven't you read any polls?  Do you watch any news at all?  Read the internets?  How ignorant of current events do you have to be?  

BTW, the OP calls herself a "Berkeley Peacenik."  A real moonbat. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:00:54 AM by Karin »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:57 AM »
 I would, too, Jukin, but I can't find any.  I look for them.  Not there.  

What is it with this "WTF is going on?"   Haven't you read any polls?  Do you watch any news at all?  Read the internets?  How ignorant of current events do you have to be?  

BTW, the OP calls herself a "Berkeley Peacenik."  A real moonbat. 

Unfortunately, near-neighbor, there's a fair number of them where I am.  Mainly where I work.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.