Author Topic: subway cat out to change the world  (Read 3279 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: subway cat out to change the world
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 07:30:38 PM »
to understand what lateral social networks create instead of relying on horizontal authoritarian structures that atre a set up designed to abuse people

That works in a 12-step program like AA, but for someone with a Cobb salad of personality disorders like Subway Kitty it's tantamount to letting the inmates run the asylum. They just feed into one another's neuroses.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »
Uh, you do know as a civilization we have come to actually accept this kinda psychosis, right, Beg?

In days gone by, they would have put he/she/it, outa our misery. I have a real hard time figuring out what happens in one's life to screw you up this drastically.

You have to want to be helped. Help, in my definition, does not include normal folk accepting you are a male cat trapped in human form and having your hand out for more deductions from my hard earned money.

You wanna be a cat, no sweat! Why the hell should I have to pay for your psychosis?

Abuse, especially sexual abuse, can really mess with people's heads.  I firmly believe that a vast number of homosexuals and transgendered people were abused in their past, or they had something else happen to them that messed with their heads.  That is one reason why I am so opposed to treating their behavior as "normal."  I don't believe in mistreating them, or mocking them, but I think that psychological treatment may help in many cases.  However, for any psychological treatment to work, the patient has to believe that there is a problem that can be solved.  If society tells them that they normal in their feelings, then they have no reason to want to resolve their issues.  

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:27 PM »
Abuse, especially sexual abuse, can really mess with people's heads.  I firmly believe that a vast number of homosexuals and transgendered people were abused in their past, or they had something else happen to them that messed with their heads.  That is one reason why I am so opposed to treating their behavior as "normal."  I don't believe in mistreating them, or mocking them, but I think that psychological treatment may help in many cases.  However, for any psychological treatment to work, the patient has to believe that there is a problem that can be solved.  If society tells them that they normal in their feelings, then they have no reason to want to resolve their issues. 

Exactly! UGP thinks we're the one's off our rocker because we just won't accept that nature intended her to climb trees and pounce on rodents!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »
Exactly! UGP thinks we're the one's off our rocker because we just won't accept that nature intended her to climb trees and pounce on rodents!

Oh now, sir, I have a vivid imagination, a wide imagination, a colorful imagination, but damn, the imagination doesn't stretch far enough to imagine a fat chunky 43-year-old woman climbing trees and pouncing on rodents.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline terry

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »
Again, I didn't say condone it.  Empathy for someone isn't condoning their actions.  In any event, Tucker pointed out that UGP openers herself to ridicule to which I agreed/

I agree with what you were saying BEG.  You can have empathy and sympathy for someone who is mentally ill.
I also think UGP is beyond most DUers.  

The stuff she posts on DU is not really about politics or extreme views that are just crazy like the rest of them, her stuff is a symptom of a serious mental illness.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »
Oh now, sir, I have a vivid imagination, a wide imagination, a colorful imagination, but damn, the imagination doesn't stretch far enough to imagine a fat chunky 43-year-old woman climbing trees and pouncing on rodents.

:rotf:

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »
If society tells them that they normal in their feelings, then they have no reason to want to resolve their issues.  

Dang, you have no empathy. You cold hearted, sadistic... oh wait, I agree with what you wrote.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »
You know FGL, the reason I posted this video wasn't to say that he was a she.

I'm tempted to go back and count.
It was for others to listen to the video and hear how sad and screwed up the person is.

I could see that within seconds. I have my own problems that I don't mention and I don't think society should affirm them as normal and fund my life.

You focused on me calling him a "she". I don't understand why you take disagreement so personally.     

How do you know I'm not screwed up? Have some empathy for me.  :p

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
I agree with what you were saying BEG.  You can have empathy and sympathy for someone who is mentally ill.
I also think UGP is beyond most DUers. 

The stuff she posts on DU is not really about politics or extreme views that are just crazy like the rest of them, her stuff is a symptom of a serious mental illness.

I also understand when some need a hand up, but most I have encountered across the web want us to pay for their transformation, accept it as Darwin, and foot the bill for their existence! If that is indeed the case, can we put them in a zoo?

UGP does nothing to try and deal with her delusions, she wants us to start callin' her "kitty", then she'll be cured in her mind!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »

I'm tempted to go back and count.
I could see that within seconds. I have my own problems that I don't mention and I don't think society should affirm them as normal and fund my life.

How do you know I'm not screwed up? Have some empathy for me.  :p

Oh I do have empathy for you, that is why I try to avoid commenting on your "issues". 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 08:28:26 AM »
Good grief, I have little idea what all the physio babble is about.

You know it occurs to me that all the gender problems are not unlike the problems that some men and woman have over outside appearances in Heteros.

Woman somehow think that if they get a face lift people will love them more, Men spend years at a gym to alter their body structure so people will love and admire them.

The sad part is that no matter what they do to alter their looks or life style, they are deep down the same person.   These people simply will not except what and/or who they are. If they are a crappy, unhappy, disagreeable person, getting bigger boobs or a 6 pack abs does nothing to change them.   

When it comes to the point that they find that a nose job or bulging muscles will not make them more popular, they become confused and attempt to justify their problem by demanding others to play into their delusions, their choices and for fill their needs.

I think---Most likely I am wrong but I can not find any other explanation for those that make radical changes to themselves and expect the changes to change others preceptions of themselves.  Paying a doctor to give you the sex organs of the opposite sex will not give anyone a change of life any more then were a man or woman to get a Bulls penis attached.

So a 43 year old woman thinks she is a cat, So freaking what, am I expected to place cat food on my deck for her when she comes crawling naked and hungry to my door.?

I am reminded of the Wizard of OZ when the scare crow  wanted a brain, [ that could be also changed to boobs, penis, total body construction.]    How surprised the scare crow was when he found out that he possessed a brain just didn't use it.

We have no choice in life how we come into the world, beauty is defined by social convention, in some societys the more fat the person has the better looking----everyone is asigned a gender and body organs to be used to reproduce. When one decides God made a mistake and they wish to correct it, I have no problem with that, it's their life.

However, if this is just change for a sexual fettish,  that is not my problem or any of my business.    I am getting old and grumpy, last thing I want to become conserned with is the sex life of a family member or friends life style.

As you can see this topic has me moving back and forth, kind of scares me as this is as strange to me as it would be if my cat began to bark.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »
So freaking what, am I expected to place cat food on my deck for her when she comes crawling naked and hungry to my door.?

vesta, dear, be careful about the images you might provoke in the minds of readers, with the words you use.

I just lost everything I had just eaten.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »
vesta, dear, be careful about the images you might provoke in the minds of readers, with the words you use.

:exactly:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
The thing with UPG is that, when you break it all down, she's no more mentally ill than the rest of the primitives.  It's just that she's acting on her impulses restraint free and they've pulled back in order to seem as normal as they possibly can.  Take away the facade, and their worldview's are identical.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 12:36:09 PM »

I just lost everything I had just eaten.

Please, Vesta! Not before my breakfast!

Online Airwolf

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2010, 08:49:52 PM »
I'm with BEG and CR on this  as far as the video goes and why BEG posted it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"