Author Topic: Whales are 'singing' at lower frequencies...  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Whales are 'singing' at lower frequencies...
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 09:16:11 PM »
To reinforce what you are saying...keep in mind that the Klingon's didn't have the word "defeat" in their vocabulary until they crossed James T. Kirk.

lol... I haven't heard that one.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
I was in high school when TNG was on.  I was happy just to have something new on television.  I couldn't stand Wil Wheaton though... ******* dork.  The WGN channel shows TNG reruns at 1am (Eastern)... I catch them on my days off.  It did have its good moments -- we got the Borg from them, but the left-wing overtones from the show was too much.

100 Reasons Kirk is better than Picard

90. Kirk would personally throw Wesley off his bridge. 

:-)

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 09:23:03 PM »
YES!

I can't stand that little dweeb.  Even in reruns.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »
To reinforce what you are saying...keep in mind that the Klingon's didn't have the word "defeat" in their vocabulary until they crossed James T. Kirk.

Kirk was the man.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 10:05:19 PM »
Kirk was the man.
Chuck Norris could kick Kirk's ass and eat a ham sandwich at the same time.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 10:10:20 PM »
I loved the new Star Trek movie. It was cheesy but I loved it. The guy playing McCoy was the best of the new cast.
TNG I was never a hugh fan of they were too political it seemed every episode mirrored some leftist issue.

Of the new star wars flicks EP 3 was the best.
EP3 was only good in comparison to Ep1 and Ep2.  Like Highlander 3 seemed like a good movie because Highlander 2 was one of the worst movies ever made but didn't really make any sense in the context of the first movie.

Even though Ep3 was the best of a dung heap it was so incredibly cheezy, I think the South Park where Chef dies is the best way to watch it.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 10:15:31 PM »
There was one episode that pissed me off. Q was buggin Picard and was dressed as a Marine and Picard called his uniform a costume.

Ever notice Geordi (sp) always fixed everything by reversing the polarity?  :lmao:
"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!"
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 02:02:59 AM »
but it also made me think of the threads that we have had here in ASAH about vibrational meditation and sounds from space, etc...

Do Doo Do Doo!........ (mu-sac background from the Twilight Zone)......Do Doo Do Doo.......

MoooooaaaaHahahahahahahahaha..........(evil laugh sound track from old Bella Legosi film).........
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 06:09:45 AM »
Sing low, sweet Humpbacks,
Obama's gonna carry you home;

Offline kenth

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 06:41:42 AM »

:lmao: :rotf:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »
The whales are sending us good vibes.

I see at the ship yards when the skimmers are in port there are all kinds of precautions taken when a diver is down so the ships sonar is not turned on due to killing the diver.

Sure Whales talk, but so do wolves that send their message out into the night on a full moon.

Crows have a language and a set social life----Not a flock of Crows but a Murder of Crows.

Whales are social animals, as such they must communicate with one another so they do so with sound. When a Pod is minding its own business and find their language is being scrambled by some unknown source to them, those that do  beach themselves or get lost from the Pod will likely die.

I find it amazing that this animal has changed frequency over the years. This takes some kind of understanding of survival and intelligence. 

As our sonar gets more and more lethal to these beasts, their pattern of migration may change, they may in time learn to recognise a submarine as an enemy.

Few people realise that Moby Dick was written about a real life incident that took place, actually the accounts of the reality made the story as we read or see on film look like a cake walk.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 11:25:07 AM »
Oh FFS.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
I loved the new Star Trek movie. It was cheesy but I loved it. The guy playing McCoy was the best of the new cast.

I kinda have to disagree with this. I'm not saying Karl Urban wasn't excellent in the part but I thought Zachary Quinto as the young Spock was the best of the new cast.

Though my favorite cast member was Simon Peg as Scotty.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 01:08:02 AM »
I kinda have to disagree with this. I'm not saying Karl Urban wasn't excellent in the part but I thought Zachary Quinto as the young Spock was the best of the new cast.

Though my favorite cast member was Simon Peg as Scotty.

I've always liked Scotty....

It seemed Kirk would always ask for something humanly impossible from him, Scotty would buck  ("Captain, I dunno if I khan doo it!"), then come thru with the necessary repairs or whatever (and a surprise or 2 as well) to keep the Enterprise and her crew going....

:II: to you, Scotty!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 03:39:37 AM »

I've always liked Scotty....

It seemed Kirk would always ask for something humanly impossible from him, Scotty would buck  ("Captain, I dunno if I khan doo it!"), then come thru with the necessary repairs or whatever (and a surprise or 2 as well) to keep the Enterprise and her crew going....

:II: to you, Scotty!

Remember, Scotty always multiplied the time to fix something by a factor of four. That way he always looked like a miracle worker.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe