Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss People Who Don't Show Proper Respect For Dead Ted  (Read 2715 times)

Offline ReaganForRushmore

Re: DUmmies Discuss People Who Don't Show Proper Respect For Dead Ted
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »
Hitler told them he would make their lives better. . . and he did for most. He gave them order where there was only chaos in their government. He told them they were the best.

Of course they thought he was great, at first. Even when things started to be rationed, they were still winning, in Poland, against France. It wasn't until 1942/3 that things started to be harder for the people, but event hen, they had suffered worse in WWI. In 1944 when the bombing campaigns of the allies started in, the people knew that they were going to lose, yet Hitler could still electrify them and they kept on believing. I mean, what else was there for them to do?

The State controlled everything. They couldn't just stop.

With all due respect, Hitler was a monster, period. His rise to power in his Nazi party was bloody, vicious. and calculated. His eugenic policies against his own people was only exceeded by his virile hatred of the Jews. Hitler kept power with the people's fear of his SS and Gestapo. The people chose their leaders poorly
and bear full responsibility for what was wrought on them. For a German to say "I was merely following orders." or "We had no idea of what that smoke was coming from those camps.", is a lie and a gross understatement of what each individual German knew. They were guilty.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »
Were flags flown at half mast when Mary Jo died?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »

Good question.

I, a Great Plainsman, and thus far removed from the south, consider Strom Thurmond one of the Greatest Senators, and I don't recall flags were flown at half-mast when he died, either.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »

No, but Ted's zipper was at half mast during the news conference the next day.  Does that count?

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 02:59:40 PM »
He was a freaking Senator, who the hell cares?  A senator is one rung below bottom feeder.  There is a reason nobody has ever authored a book entitled "Great Senators in US History."  
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 03:02:35 PM »
He was a freaking Senator, who the hell cares?  A senator is one rung below bottom feeder.  There is a reason nobody has ever authored a book entitled "Great Senators in US History."  

For the same reason there is no book entitled "Great Moderates in American History"........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »
Spitting on his casket and throwing poo at the hearse and peeing on his grave would be showing the respect he deserves.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 04:58:52 PM »
Spitting on his casket and throwing poo at the hearse and peeing on his grave would be showing the respect he deserves.

First two yes...third one..ummm...nope.  Don't care how much the man is despised...that's hallowed ground.  James Earl Jones found out the hard way what happens when you don't follow the rules during the filming of Gardens Of Stone.

He's now banned from ANC for life.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 05:08:04 PM »
First two yes...third one..ummm...nope.  Don't care how much the man is despised...that's hallowed ground.  James Earl Jones found out the hard way what happens when you don't follow the rules during the filming of Gardens Of Stone.

I forgot where they buried him, I thought he was going to be buried at the distillery

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »
I forgot where they buried him, I thought he was going to be buried at the distillery

The Kennedy's and the Jack Daniels Distillery couldn't agree on a date.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »

You have a link for that? I never heard about that, and couldn't find anything on google.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 09:34:45 PM »
You have a link for that? I never heard about that, and couldn't find anything on google.

I'll talk to my contact at ANC when I go back to work.  But the story is that during the filming of Gardens of Stone...Jones went behind a tree to take a leak during a break in filming.  Word got back to John Metzler who runs ANC and he banned him for life.

I've personally chewed out soldiers for spitting on the ground during company and Regimental runs before.

The only being allowed to relieve themselves in ANC are the Caisson Platoon horses  :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 05:00:06 AM »
I'll talk to my contact at ANC when I go back to work.  But the story is that during the filming of Gardens of Stone...Jones went behind a tree to take a leak during a break in filming.  Word got back to John Metzler who runs ANC and he banned him for life.

I've personally chewed out soldiers for spitting on the ground during company and Regimental runs before.

The only being allowed to relieve themselves in ANC are the Caisson Platoon horses  :-)

I think that the other local wildlife would be exempt, Tx. ;)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »
Hitler told them he would make their lives better. . . and he did for most. He gave them order where there was only chaos in their government. He told them they were the best.

Of course they thought he was great, at first. Even when things started to be rationed, they were still winning, in Poland, against France. It wasn't until 1942/3 that things started to be harder for the people, but event hen, they had suffered worse in WWI. In 1944 when the bombing campaigns of the allies started in, the people knew that they were going to lose, yet Hitler could still electrify them and they kept on believing. I mean, what else was there for them to do?

The State controlled everything. They couldn't just stop.

I whole heatedly agree with you, Dutch. 

I do love the old diary's of the citizens of Germany in that era.  As I do not speak German or Yiddish I have to read those that has been translated into English.

The Christian girls 8-14 interest  me as they were so optimists about the future. Scared  all the time but were unguarded in their diary's.

It is odd what history was fiddled with after the war.

We all knew about the Jews, Gypsy's, Jehovah Witnesses , Homosexuals and Free Thinkers, but politics hides the thousands of Communists that were in the mix

When I nursed in a Nursing home that catered to Jewish Patients, There all ways seem to be a a few elderly woman who had chosen not to marry from the old country. Those with little family were a gold mine of information about them growing up in Germany.

With little to no visitors and only the past, no future ,these woman who had never spoken a word about their lives to family, now seem driven to tell their story before they died.

The large cities and small towns were in the same fix. The last 18 months of the war it is difficult to imagine the starvation of the people.

I have heard it said from survivors of the camps and normal civilians that once Hitler was in power it was less then a year before the Catholic Church was trying to warn their people to keep their eyes open, the church went so far as to meet in secrete with the local Rabies.

At first the people had respect for their leader but now that respect was turning to fear. The German protestants just sat back and waited  not worrying about anything.

When Hitler was in town all schools were closed, unless you were in a hopital everyone in town had better be there to greet him. The news filmed reports of that time show thousands of people that had no choice but to cry for joy to see the man who was going to save them.

It takes baby steps you know how to catch a deer with bare hands. Hate must be built on bad experiences to get a foot hold.  When there are no bad experiences in the past then one has to be made for you to show you the light.

When the news of a son killed on the Russian front, the police would mention, out of the blue ,that it was the Jews that started all this and didn't they have Jewish neighbors,

Humane nature, by 10 o'clock that night a deranged grieving family would  have broken the windows in every Jewish household on their street.

By the time the camps were put into operation the people were scared out of their minds over, What to or not to do so as not get arrested and dragged off like their neighbors.

The people were so afraid of their own country when the bombing began the Germans must have felt the world hated them and it was all the Jews fault.

If history is to happen again then we must be on guard for who will be scape goats.  We will all hear some grumbling about some OTHER people, may take 22-18 months to get us pissed as heck over what ever segment of society starts making us go hungry or interfears in our lives. 

It just may well be you or I that gets the dubious honor to take the blame for all the suffering that is to come.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »
The guy was a senator from a small state on the east coast who mostly turned his elitist nose up at people like me. I'm clear across the country and he wasn't my representative. I'm sad for the family, but for heaven's sake, some people need to get a grip. The whole country should properly mourn national leaders, Kennedy should be mourned by his family and the people of Massachusetts.

Still, perhaps we could all agree on a more fitting tribute. There's got to be a few of those cash for clunkers cars around. I say tie an empty bottle of bourbon to the antennas and drive them off a bridge with a Mary Jo look alike blow up doll in the passenger seat. I'm sorry for his family and those who loved him, but nothing he did could make up for taking a life in such a crass way. What contempt he must've had for that poor girl, she wasn't even an afterthought. What kind of a man does that?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 02:31:36 PM »
The guy was a senator from a small state on the east coast who mostly turned his elitist nose up at people like me. I'm clear across the country and he wasn't my representative. I'm sad for the family, but for heaven's sake, some people need to get a grip. The whole country should properly mourn national leaders, Kennedy should be mourned by his family and the people of Massachusetts.

Still, perhaps we could all agree on a more fitting tribute. There's got to be a few of those cash for clunkers cars around. I say tie an empty bottle of bourbon to the antennas and drive them off a bridge with a Mary Jo look alike blow up doll in the passenger seat. I'm sorry for his family and those who loved him, but nothing he did could make up for taking a life in such a crass way. What contempt he must've had for that poor girl, she wasn't even an afterthought. What kind of a man does that?

Cindie

Let me add if I might... "and continued to do so for 40 years after her death"

The things this man said regarding his supposed respect for womens rights in light of the life he lived is just sickening.