Author Topic: FREEPERS, do YOU have health care? Even living in your moms' basements?  (Read 3241 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: FREEPERS, do YOU have health care? Even living in your moms' basements?
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 03:24:37 AM »
:lmao: Awful.  Funny, but awful.

Ah yes. Full story here.

Wee Willie Washout did a great eulogy for the departed.   :-)

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 05:10:08 AM »
This is going to sound macabre, but I've been temporarily macabre lately.

Has anyone ever noticed that when a primitive expires live on the internet, and on Skins's island specifically, it's in a basement?  And mom is the one who discovers it?

I thought this was worth pointing out; it's happened.
From his cold, dead hands. :rotf:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 06:13:08 AM »
I was only aware of one... there are others?

There were at least two others, that I'm vaguely aware of, as the primitives mention them from time to time, in their "I miss....." bonfires.

Apparently prehistoric primitives, from the first two or three years of Skins's island.

At the keyboard.  In the basement.  Mom found.

The next time the primitives light one of those "I miss....." bonfires, I'll be more careful about getting the primitive names.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:14:55 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline bcsco

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »
Dear DainBramaged: I'm almost 66 years old and retired. I have severe health issues, but am still able to carry excellent health insurance with no preconditions and NO premium for the level coverage I have. The only condition is that I've qualified for Medicare for two years. Period.

Oh, I forgot to mention. My co-pays are minimal. Even a hospital visit is $100/day for up to 5 days, then the plan covers all through the YEAR.

47 million without insurance? Why? Health insurance is available to most everyone. Oh, and my mom had health insurance up until the day she died. And I never lived in her basement. In fact she lived with me and my wife the last decade + of her life, and I helped support her. I think you're projecting...

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »
Please excuse a question I've had for some time:

Renew Deal  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jan-08-05 08:49 PM
Response to Original message
3. Are you saying Khephra the DUer has passed?

When did it become the norm to refer to a death by saying someone has "passed"?

For decades, probably centuries, the euphemism has been to say a person has "passed away".

Now, whenever I'm informed of a death, I hear that someone has "passed".

So in a situation that calls for compassion and sympathy, I can ony think of kidney stones and gas.

People do not "pass" unless the broken line is in their lane, or they scored above 70% on a test.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Hey DUmmies I work in taxpayer funded health care! Tricare is what you pay for. Long lines and it takes forever to get an appointment. It is usually a 2 hour wait to pick up medications and a referral takes forever. But it is still better than the VA and that is not saying much.
True I don't pay for my health care as that is provided for me for free because my DH is still active duty. But I would be able to afford a decent plan if it wasn't.

Oh and I am typing this in my living room with my husband sitting a few feet away. My mom is in another state.

Tri-Care was one of the worst things that Clinton did to the Military.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:39 AM »

Good question, GOBUCKS, but I'm leaving a little 3"x3" room for the possibility that it's a regional colloquialism somewhere.

But this is not to minimize that the primitives create their own jargon, meant to exclude, as if members of a "secret club" in high school or something.

That is another predominant characteristic of the primitives, their using primitivese when they can really use honest English.  They imagine they're putting one over decent and civilized people, when in fact their "code" is easy to break, and it makes the primitives look both stupid and ugly doing it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 01:05:01 PM »
I got out of the active duty Army back in 89. Before I joined in 1981 I had a family doctor to go to and he has always worked the same thn as he does now. weather you have insurance or not it doesn't matter, just pay the bill when you can. I know that alot of Doctors don't do this but I 'm lucky that mine does. When I was in the Army the way they treated us then is excatly whats going to happen to people on Obamacare. Long waits and maybe if your lucky you might get motrin for your trouble.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »

For decades, probably centuries, the euphemism has been to say a person has "passed away".

So in a situation that calls for compassion and sympathy, I can ony think of kidney stones and gas.

People do not "pass" unless the broken line is in their lane, or they scored above 70% on a test.

Americans are lazy when it comes to language, hence the shortening of "passed away" to "passed".
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »
Why yes, I do have health insurance DUmmy.
I and my wife are covered by my policy.
My wife and I are covered by her policy.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 05:40:50 AM »

It's the whole methane to cadaverone (yes, it's actually called that) conversion.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »
Hey DUmmies I work in taxpayer funded health care! Tricare is what you pay for. Long lines and it takes forever to get an appointment. It is usually a 2 hour wait to pick up medications and a referral takes forever. But it is still better than the VA and that is not saying much.
True I don't pay for my health care as that is provided for me for free because my DH is still active duty. But I would be able to afford a decent plan if it wasn't.

Oh and I am typing this in my living room with my husband sitting a few feet away. My mom is in another state.

Medicare advantage plans (that combine part B & D and are managed by a private insurer) are the same way. In fact, my HMO is starting to get that way also.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 09:34:26 PM »
FREEPERS, do YOU have health care?

Yep, we've always had health CARE.  Amazingly enough, we had health CARE even without insurance.  It was really, really tough...NOT.  We just made monthly payments to the hospital until the bill was covered.   :o :o :o

I know it's terrible to think that you "people" might have to skip your legal-or-otherwise drugs occasionally in order to make like an adult and pay a bill or two.   ::) ::)  I suppose you'll end up getting your way eventually, and all us "FREEpers" will wind up paying for your healthcare, just like we pay for your groceries and rent.   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »
Yep, we've always had health CARE.  Amazingly enough, we had health CARE even without insurance.  It was really, really tough...NOT.  We just made monthly payments to the hospital until the bill was covered.   :o :o :o

I know it's terrible to think that you "people" might have to skip your legal-or-otherwise drugs occasionally in order to make like an adult and pay a bill or two.   ::) ::)  I suppose you'll end up getting your way eventually, and all us "FREEpers" will wind up paying for your healthcare, just like we pay for your groceries and rent.   ::)

I received health care when I had a stroke and had no insurance. I even was in ICU for five days with having no insurance.  The hospital wrote off all but $1000 of my bill.. We made payments every month for several years on the doctor bills (they wouldn't write off any if their charges) until we paid all of them off. I babysat to make extra money to help pay off the bills.  I would load up all the kids I babysat and took them all with me to my monthly doctor visits.  My doctor saw me for FREE until I got on my husbands insurance.  Which I was able to do even with a pre exhisting condition.   

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »
I received health care when I had a stroke and had no insurance. I even was in ICU for five days with having no insurance.  The hospital wrote off all but $1000 of my bill.. We made payments every month for several years on the doctor bills (they wouldn't write off any if their charges) until we paid all of them off. I babysat to make extra money to help pay off the bills.  I would load up all the kids I babysat and took them all with me to my monthly doctor visits.  My doctor saw me for FREE until I got on my husbands insurance.  Which I was able to do even with a pre exhisting condition.   

But NO ONE should be forced to do that.  We are the wealthiest nation on the planet!!!!111!!!  We should NOT have to subject ourselves to that!

[/DUmmie mode]

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
Yes I have health care...No I don't have insurance at this time...
I also don't run to the Dr for any little thing
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:16:46 AM by Ree »
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P