Author Topic: So my 11month old has a temp of 103.2, Im in the emergency room  (Read 5043 times)

Offline MrsSmith

uponit7771  posts)      Fri Jun-26-09 12:10 AM
Original message

So my 11month old has a temp of 103.2, Im in the emergency room with...
 ...where people were standing cause of lack of seating....

Anyone fighting true health care reform should have to spend a couple of hrs here...

first child, jus worried...frustrated...tired...

thx for reading...

Not sure that I'd drag my kid out at midnight for 103.2...  even with the first one.

uponit7771  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jun-26-09 12:19 AM
Response to Reply #1
8. they just did....it was Tylenol....he was so limp

Hmmm...only 9 minutes later, the kid has been given the medication that most parents would have given at home.  OK...

uponit7771  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jun-26-09 12:56 AM
Response to Reply #18
22. We do have decent coverage, the standing room only when I first walked
 ...in and a sick child jus brought the HC fight home a lil. I know e rooms aren't profit centers for hospitals....

what we could be doing in this country if some wern't so concerned with profits...

sry...should be more thsnkful...a limp kid with a 103 temp and some really selfish peole fighting reform has got me......thinkin

OK, now it's really starting to bounce...   ::)  Point 1, the kid's not all that sick.  Point 2, he's already been given Tylenol  and then we get to Point 3) if we passed reform, ER's would magically be empty every time we walked in. 

Obviously uponit has never in his/her life gone to a military (hint:government run) ER.  I have.  They are a thousand times worse than any other ER I've ever seen.

uponit7771  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jun-26-09 01:32 AM
Response to Reply #32
37. He still feels hot but not like 3 hrs ago...
 ...still waiting on doc

-------------

uponit7771  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jun-26-09 02:28 AM
Response to Original message
40. His fever has come down to 99, doc said looks like sore throst

Wow, if there is any truth to this one, uponit was using up ER time, room, and equipment for a kid's sore throat.  Yep, healthcare reform will fix that.  They'll triage at the door, and uponit would be sent right back home.   

uponit7771  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jun-26-09 06:21 PM
Response to Reply #52
53. He's drank a couple of bottles and ate some mashed fruit and is really sleepy, wife and I are goin
 ...to be the worrying parents this weekend and stay inside.

We got him home around 4 in the morning so he's really tired

The hospital was great even thought it was packed, I'm still trying to find a 24 hour urgent care around the subdivision but we can't find any...

Any who...

Thx for keep us in your thoughts!!!

God bless !!

Well, be sure and hassle your government until they "fix" that, ok?   :banghead:

I'm glad the kid is OK, hope he grows up smarter than Dad.   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: So my 11month old has a temp of 103.2, Im in the emergency room
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
I only have one and he's now 23 but he had plenty of high fevers in the middle of the night, the middle of the day, and every hour in between.  I would call the doctor and he would tell me to give him Tylenol. 

Uponit is probably one of those who thinks illegal aliens should be given amnesty, too.

No wonder our hospitals are in trouble. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:02:43 PM »
This if nothing else proves what a bankrupting (over and above what is already) program it would be.

They would literally run to the doctor for a hangnail.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »
My kid had a temp of about 103 not too long ago, when we were out of town over a weekend. Rather than drive her to the ER, we gave her some Tylenol and a lukewarm bath and kept her hydrated. The next day (Sunday) her fever was still there, but had gone down to 100. By Monday afternoon, she was back to normal.

I understand being a nervous parent, but as long as the kid isn't having seizures, turning odd colors, or having problems breathing, there is no need to go to the ER. This was such a waste of the hospital's  time and money.

Also...who the hell POSTS about it online when they are in the ER with a kid? WTF?

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »
My kid had a temp of about 103 not too long ago, when we were out of town over a weekend. Rather than drive her to the ER, we gave her some Tylenol and a lukewarm bath and kept her hydrated. The next day (Sunday) her fever was still there, but had gone down to 100. By Monday afternoon, she was back to normal.

I understand being a nervous parent, but as long as the kid isn't having seizures, turning odd colors, or having problems breathing, there is no need to go to the ER. This was such a waste of the hospital's  time and money.

Also...who the hell POSTS about it online when they are in the ER with a kid? WTF?
Exactly.  The times I have had a kid in ER, the last thing I'd have done was get online.   ::)  I guess you have to be a DUmmy to understand.  I wonder if they carry a laptop in to use the toilet?  :puke:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »
Idiots like DUmmy uponitnumbers are the reason ERs are crowded, not our system of medical care.

Offline djones520

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
Idiots like DUmmy uponitnumbers are the reason ERs are crowded, not our system of medical care.

Totally.  A temp of 103.2 earns some tylonel, maybe motrin, and a call to the doctor.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
Hell <<I>> had a temp of 103 a couple days ago, as did all of the three kids (they gave me a nasty virus for Fathers Day) - its just a matter of beating the fever down by alternating Tylenol and Motrin.. And a cool bath doesn't hurt either.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 09:18:04 PM »
Now, remember, people...we're all sensible Republicans who pay our bills and all that...you can't expect common sense and self-reliance from DUmmies.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 09:21:01 PM »
My daughter had a 105 degree fever when she was about three months old.  We took her to the ER, they gave her Motrin to bring the temp down.  We just didn't know about it at that point.  We have used motrin and tylenol everytime they get a good fever since then.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 09:40:26 PM »
Same with my daughter.  She was 3 months old and had a 103 temp.  She had a urinary tract infection though.  She was a very strange baby though.  Anytime she didn't poo for over 48 hours she would run a pretty good temperature.  I told the doctor about it and he rolled his eyes.  Of course just because I was with her 24 hours a day didn't mean I had any idea what was going on with her. ::)
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:45 PM »

That is exactly what I was thinking when I started reading this nonsense.   :mental:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
That is exactly what I was thinking when I started reading this nonsense.   :mental:

But the story is so important to the cause!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :whatever:

I'm constantly amazed at the personal sh*t that people post in a public forum.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline sofa king

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 10:54:21 PM »
and then we get to Point 3) if we passed reform, ER's would magically be empty every time we walked in.

That is my LOL moment for single-payer...

if this "single payer" nonsense ever gets passed into law...  and these 40 million without healthcare, and the untold millions with healthcare that don't run to a doctor every time their tummy hurts (because they would have to pay for that visit) suddenly descend upon our existing services?

you would have a 3 month wait to have a hang-nail looked at.  amazing.  they can't get that, though...

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »
Do they really think 'reform' will 'fix' this? what idiots.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 11:03:06 PM »
The 'tards at the DUmp apparently haven't looked across the pond at how "single payer" really works, for example in Britain.  

Apparently all those reports the last three years or more of folks waiting in Ambulances in the UK for 8-12 hours at a pop, just so they could get INTO the lobby of the Emergency Room there for another 4 hour wait, because the British Parliament passed a law that mandated that patients could be forced to wait in the lobby no more than 4 hours to be seen in an Emergency Room, are just Rovian propaganda meant to sabotage Teh Øne's plans for hope and change.  

:banghead:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 11:04:49 PM »
and the chance you'd get a semi-private room in UK??

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »
Do they really think 'reform' will 'fix' this? what idiots.
"Reform" is the magic word, just like "fairness" and "equality".  Liberals think if they repeat words often enough, they retain some sort of magical properties.

*hope and change... ommm... hope and change... ommm*
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 11:06:32 PM »

Great, so long as you understand that "semi-private" means you'll be hot-bunking with 3 other patients.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 11:06:56 PM »
You might get one, but there's a three month wait. :censored:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 11:08:35 PM »
Great, so long as you understand that "semi-private" means you'll be hot-bunking with 3 other patients.

I don't think 99% Americans have even seen the old fashion wards. They probably never think it could happen here. Ha.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 11:11:16 PM »
I don't think 99% Americans have even seen the old fashion wards. They probably never think it could happen here. Ha.

I'll guarantee that 99% of DUmbasses haven't seen one.  And that 115% of 'em would be weeping and wailing and gnashing their teeth the first time they were herded into one like so many DUmb cattle.

I remember them quite well, from when I got my tonsils out at San Diego Naval Hospital.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »
Three or four rows of identical beds in a barracks-type room?  The hospitals might as well... it's the only way they might survive with illegals, illiterates, and incompetents jamming up the emergency rooms.

I say let the medical students practice on them. :evillaugh:

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 11:17:18 PM »
Each major city medical college should let the students work on the illegals and the dirt-poor and the DUmmies. They could build them warehouse-style, 100 to a ward.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »
We have one general hospital here... you go there if you're homeless, on welfare, or desperate.  Anyone with insurance avoids it like the plague.

I have what appears to be a large, nasty cyst on my finger.  I could be an asshole and go to the emergency room and have it removed after a two-hour wait but I'm a decent person and will schedule a doctor to look at it.  If his rates are reasonable, I'll pay him cash.  If not, I have insurance.