Author Topic: fly on the wall primitive gets visited by Tennessee Bureau of Investigation  (Read 7725 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5908269

Oh my.

A lot of primitives seem to have legal problems lately, it seems.

Fly by night  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-23-09 06:52 PM
Original message

A visit from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to my humble home (just now) ....

Preface: I have been working for the past four years to do away with non-verifiable voting machines in Tennessee and to move to paper ballots (counted by optical scan machines, with mandatory random manual audits to verify the accuracy of the opscans). It has been a tough fight, but last Thursday, with strong support by Senate Democrats and a lone honorable Republican, we have beaten back (for now) an effort by our Rethugligan Secretary of State to delay implementing the TN Voter Confidence Act and to gut its audit procedures.

Here's a link to the tribute I wrote for Senator Tim Burchett, the lone Republican who voted last Thursday to save our democracy:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

The fight is not over, as my visit by two TBI agents this afternoon illustrates. So read how my afternoon has gone (so far). I just sent out this email to the Governor, six state Senators, six state Representatives, everyone I know in the Tennessee media and about 100 election integrity activists around the state and nation.
-----

To all:

Well, things are getting interesting. I was just visited by two officers of the TBI, investigating a complaint they had received from the Secretary of State's office (complainant unnamed), saying that I had recently sent an email directly to the Tennessee Secretary of State's office, threatening violence against that office by invoking the memory of the Battle of Athens (TN). They were here to investigate my "terrorist threat against a government official".

Well, I've never sent any emails to this SoS's office on any subject, now or at any other time. However, I told the TBI agents that I have several times invoked the Battle of Athens (TN) in my writings as the only alternative available to the citizenry if the sanctity of the ballot box cannot be assured. (If you don't know about the Battle of Athens, read this link:

http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/magazine/ah/19...

The agents said they had to Google it before they came out, and that it was a pretty impressive story.)

We had a good conversation on my front porch and I explained the nature of the people who might have made this complaint against me. I also mentioned that one of them had issued a not-so-veiled threat against one of our other election integrity activists two weeks ago at Legislative Plaza. Before they left, I printed out my last letter to the state Senators that I sent the day they voted to protect the Voter Confidence Act, as well as a copy of my recent effusive tribute of Senator Tim Burchett. (See the DU thread above.)

I also asked the two TBI agents to deliver a message from me to whoever had caused them to have to drive to my farm today. Before they left, the lead agent repeated my message verbatim to make sure he had it right:

"Mr. Ellis would like whoever issued the complaint against him to grow a pair of balls, 'man up' (the agent's words) and call him at any time to discuss any concerns they may have with him or with anything Mr. Ellis has ever said."

The agent looked to me like he is going to be happy to deliver that message personally.

BTW, the lead agent said he called my sheriff and several others before coming out and was told that I was a reasonable man who could sit down and talk to anyone at any time about anything. Wouldn't it be nice if we had government officials in our Secretary of State's office who could do the same thing? Maybe one day, when we start counting ballots the way they're cast.

So, how is your day going today? Not as interesting as mine, I hope.

If we never stop fighting, we will not lose.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

That's quite an impressive literary work there.

hobbit709  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-23-09 06:55 PM
Response to Original message

1. I'd pay money to see that clown's face when the message gets delivered.

DU AdBot (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun 23rd 2009, 07:05 PM
Response to Original message

Kingston, TN Foreclosures

View Free Listings And Information For
Kingston, TN Foreclosures
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
the fly on the wall primitive conflates his egotistical notions with the facts. While it's true that the TN Voter Confidence Act was up for a vote, the terroristic threats are what earned him a visit from the feds. He mentions this but seems to dismiss it for some reason and seems to think that he's somehow engaged in a "fight" for justice or whatnot.  :mental:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The House has voted to delay implementation of a Tennessee law requiring a paper trail from voting machines until 2012.

The chamber on Wednesday voted 73-20 to pass the bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Curry Todd of Collierville.

Under the Tennessee Voter Confidence Act passed last year, new optical-scan machines are required to create a paper trail in case there are voting irregularities. Every county in the state was supposed to have the machines ready in time for the gubernatorial election in 2010.

But proponents cite cost and technical concerns for delaying the law from going into effect until 2012.

The companion bill is awaiting a full Senate vote.             

Read HB614 at: http://www.capitol.tn.gov           

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
I see the little fly man couldn't wait to go to the DUmp and impress all of his friends with his tales of visits from the law.  By the time they left, they were all buddies even! 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I see the little fly man couldn't wait to go to the DUmp and impress all of his friends with his tales of visits from the law.  By the time they left, they were all buddies even! 

Visits from the law are commonplace for DUmmies. No cred will be gained from this tale.

This DUmmy is all puffed up with self-importance over his valiant battle against a non-existent threat. It reminds one of the voter fraud saga of the round red faggot, before his timely demise. It's comical that the only true fraud he was ever involved with was the scam perpetrated against his fellow DUmmies as he died.

To see a great example of a psycho like this on a quixotic mission against an imaginary foe, rent the movie "Grizzly Man".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:21:53 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Bernie is quite proud of himself, isn't he? 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Bernie is quite proud of himself, isn't he? 
I guess so.  It all just seems kind of pathetic.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Vagabond

0 bongs, cops failed to jump out of the bushes.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
He does realize that by involking the Battle of Athens, if I am correct in which one that is, he is pretty much saying we should run the Dems out of office with the force of arms?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
He does realize that by involking the Battle of Athens, if I am correct in which one that is, he is pretty much saying we should run the Dems out of office with the force of arms?

He missed that part of the story.

The Athens area is quite conservative.....he must be a "transplant".... :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Flyamongus

• Probationary (Probie)
That Bernie Ellis character must be having so much fun. He gets behind issues with such broad-based political appeal as medical marijuana and saving our democracy and then sits back and watches the world join in on his side. With this recent failed attempt by "No Balls" Hargett to turn the TBI into his own Gestapo (something the TBI didn't like, and said so very publicly), Bernie now enjoys support on the internets from DU to Free Republic. He even has the Second Amendment acolytes in his corner , as they should be. (Wow, even a lifelong media whore can't be that lucky. He must be doing something right, don't you think?)

Why he even gets to discover new sites like Conservative Cave and gets the chill of reading how he must be living his life for several others who simply like to hide and watch (and comment on blogs). And then he gets to talk about himself in the third person. Again, wow. It must be a nice way for him to wake up on a Saturday morning.

PS: I'm pretty sure Bernie is well aware that the Battle of Athens involved ex-GIs defeating a corrupt Democratic machine, since he has made that a key point in his writings. Regardless of political persuasion, election thieves should be hung in the public square. I'm also pretty sure Bernie would be happy to provide the rope.

Offline Flyamongus

• Probationary (Probie)
Here's an example of something Bernie wrote recently to Rep. Debra Maggart, who professed concern about the costs of implementing safer voting systems in Tennessee: (The top two links are to front-page stories in the TN media about the "Battle of Ellis' Farm" as a Memphis wag wrote about it):

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/articles/2009/06/30/top_stories/01ellis.txt
www.dailypostathenian.com/dynamic/News/Story/156956   

"Tre told the TBI that I had made a "terrorist threat against a government official" for invoking the Battle of Athens (TN) along with other proud moments in Tennessee history of protecting and expanding the franchise (e.g., women's suffrage, Baker v. Carr), something that I have done consistently in my writings, in my letters to legislators and in my oral testimony to Senate and House committees. Although Tre and Mark Goins were almost always present for my testimony to the legislature, not once did either of them run shrieking in terror from the hearing room when I mentioned the Battle of Athens. (If you aren't familiar with that piece of Tennessee history, when ex-GIs returned from WW II rose up and prevented a corrupt Democratic machine in McMinn Country from stealing another election, here is an excellent version of the story:

http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/magazine/ah/1985/2/1985_2_72.shtml

"After the TBI visited my farm, they announced publicly the next day that Tre's charges against me were "unwarranted". It is clear to all what he was attempting to do. I really hope that someone in your party (or the courts) will exercise control over Tre before he tries again to silence those who want free, fair and verifiable elections by sending the TBI to "investigate" them.

"It is time for all our Republican legislators to remember how much well-deserved praise Tennessee received on the national stage when our General Assembly passed the Voter Confidence Act with such an overwhelming bi-partisan show of support in 2007. Less than two years later, the Tennessee Republican Party is setting itself up for ridicule and for legal scrutiny for its determined effort to reverse progress when it comes to trustworthy elections. I hope that every Republican legislator who gives much thought to the image you are creating will reconsider being the party of "No" when it comes to elections we can trust and verify in Tennessee. I certainly hope so. We are really counting on you and a few others to lead the way in this regard.

"Our position is, and always has been, that we do not care how Tennesseans choose to cast their votes. After all, our group, Gathering To Save OUR Democracy, has members of six different political parties, including Republicans, involved in our efforts, along with many Independents. But we will never stop working to insure that all votes are counted as they are cast.

"Please don't take what I say personally (though I take Tre's clumsy attempts to use the TBI to intimidate me very personally). But please take what I say to heart. If you have any more questions or want to meet with me or others (hopefully with other Republican legislative colleagues of yours who still believe in free, fair and verifiable elections), we are available at short notice."
----
Yeah, like I said, that Bernie Ellis must be quite a character. Just ask him.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
You still fail because you didn't convert the TBI guys.  Sorry, better luck next time.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Hi, Bernie!  How's the drug-dealing business going?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
Bernie needs to learn how to "Get to the frikkin point" and quit following the Wee Willy style of writing....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Bernie needs to learn how to "Get to the frikkin point" and quit following the Wee Willy style of writing....

It was pretty damned verbose and wandering, wasn't it?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Speaking of fly shit and pepper analogies....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
It was pretty damned verbose and wandering, wasn't it?
If ya can't get my attention in the first 3 sentences....you're wastin my time
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Flyamongus

• Probationary (Probie)
You must not be from middle Tennessee. The TBI went to great pains to tell a number of reporters (who had been told by "No Balls" Hargett's mouth-piece that they could not comment on Hargett's bogus complaint because there was an ongoing TBI investigation and that the TBI had instructed them to remain silent) that there was no investigation, that there was not now and never had been a case, that there was no "there" there, that Hargett should not have been pissing his pants because of a literary reference to a pround moment in Tennessee history and that Tre's compaint was "unwarranted" (the TBI's words).

At least four law enforcement officers (and one judge) contacted Bernie to say that the TBI decision to be so vocal in criticizing Tre's false charges was to keep them from being turned into the KGB when Republicans nominate another TBI director -- something they are all fearful of. This story is far from over, since Tre committed (at least three) felonies with his action. When those charges are filed, hide and watch how the TBI reacts to that "case".

BTW, the lead TBI agent in the case was sent a copy of Eleanor Roosevelt's 1946 column "Athens A Warning", afterward. His comment: her column was quite relevant in today's contemporary world.

Thanks for playing. Care to play again? 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
This senile douchebag is a drug dealer in Middle Tennessee, who's been in and out of prison for running a pot farm.

Now he's a black box vote fraud crackpot.

It would be nice to get rid of him and his stupid thread.

Asher Heimermann, where are you when we need you?

Offline Flyamongus

• Probationary (Probie)
Actually, Chris, the effort to re-establish Tennessee's medical marijuana program is proceeding pretty well, now that we have six legislators in both houses (Dem and Repub) on board as supporters and several state agenices involved in the planning. If we succeed, it will eliminate anyone else having to face what Bernie faced by giving cannabis away free to four terminally ill neighbors, a crime for which he was never arrested, though it did get him two years federal probation with no fine. But, of course, you probably know that already. For those who don't, here's the link:  www.saveberniesfarm.com

As for Ree, sorry for so many big words, or for so many words at all. Sometimes short-term memory problems are more a function of innate intellectual capacity than to any pharmaceutical enhancement. Of course, even conservatives sometimes imbide, but a few sad and sour ones who do too often seem to end up not with "illegal smiles" but "illegal scowls".     

Well enough of this.  Time to return to a forum where dissent is not uncommon, trolls are ubiquitous (sorry Ree), and where attention spans are longer than 30 seconds. It's time for a DU thread entitled "DU's reich-wing Bizarro World doppelganger: www.conservativecave.com" Hide and watch.   

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Well enough of this.  Time to return to a forum where dissent is not uncommon, trolls are ubiquitous (sorry Ree), and where attention spans are longer than 30 seconds. It's time for a DU thread entitled "DU's reich-wing Bizarro World doppelganger: www.conservativecave.com" Hide and watch.   

:lmao:

Where dissent is not uncommon? You idiots BAN anyone that goes against the tribe. I'm FOR the legalization of Marijuana. I disagree with many here. YOUR Admin tweeks his little software to make it possible to ban people who go against the flow.

Don't be a f'n idiot. If you think you can speak your mind there, run a test. Vote "No" in a poll about gay marriage. You may agree with it, but run your own personal test.

Other than that, kindly **** off.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
BTW, I, the person that started this site, am not a Republican. I didn't name this thing "Republicanunderground" for a reason. I'm an independent who's voted for Reform, Libertarian, Republican, and Democrat. I'm a CONSERVATIVE. Too bad the damn Dems have eventually waved bye bye to fiscal conservative principles and have decided that ****ing over anyone that makes a living and giving it to people who don't sells.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam

-snip-

Yeah. Good luck with that.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Well enough of this.  Time to return to a forum where dissent is not uncommon, trolls are ubiquitous (sorry Ree), and where attention spans are longer than 30 seconds.

Are you really that clueless? When does DU even allow dissent? You are allowed to post here but I would be banned in a second at DU. No dissent is allowed at DU, its stated policy. They spend time laying troll traps for those with divergant thoughts.