Author Topic: Greenbiar- I'm gonna BOYCOTT  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Greenbiar- I'm gonna BOYCOTT
« on: June 18, 2009, 05:54:09 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5875483

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-18-09 02:50 PM
Original message
My email to Olive Garden and I also called our LOCAL store and told them the same
 I love Olive Garden, but unfortunately, I will no longer be eating at any Olive Garden resturaunts. Your poor decision to pull advertising from the Letterman show let me know just how your company operates. From now on, I will be satisfying my Italian cravings at Carrabas.

You made your decision and I have made mine, oh and all of my family and friends have made the same decision as well. I figure you have lost about 3,000 dollars a year from us. Hope your blind support for a lying politician was worth it.

She's on a roll. Why am I reminded of Edith Bunker?

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-18-09 03:01 PM
Response to Original message
7. my local OG manager asked if coupons would help change my mind
 bwahahahaha

11 minutes later (I can't highlight anything- What's wrong? - My cursor is jumping all over the place) :banghead:

populistdriven (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-18-09 06:31 PM
26. carrabas is owned by outback restaurants - another right wing douche bag
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Greenbiar- I'm gonna BOYCOTT
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 06:07:46 PM »
The entire point of the thread was to mention spending 3000.00/yr there.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
There is always a line at the olive garden that this moon bat would visit, somehow I do not think her sitting at home heating up a claim jumper lasagna instead of getting a never ending pasta bowl is going to make one damn bit of difference.

Less of a wait for me.  
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
Who in hell spends $3000 / year at Olive Garden?

Greenthornbush is a ****ing LIAR.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »
The entire point of the thread was to mention spending 3000.00/yr there.

Which is a lie.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
To spend $3K/year at Olive Garden you've got to be eating there at least once a week.

Who in their right mind would spend that much time and money for crappy Italian food?

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 06:24:16 PM »
Chipper Chat  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-18-09 07:47 PM
16. I sent an email to your link
 saying I will boycott and so will 150-or-so high school students as I am using this as an example of how free speech is curtailed in our 'free' country.
Hey, local Olive Garden: better cut back on your salad order.
First, this really isn't a free speech issue. Letterman is free to say whatever stupid thing pops into his pointy little head, and consumers are free to decide to patronize or not patronize a business based on whatever they want.

Second, this clown plans to indoctrinate a bunch of high school kids with his/her totally fallacious version of the First Amendment????????? That in and of itself is disturbing.

Finally, wonder what this jerk thinks of the Kansas teacher who was non-renewed for being a conservative.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »
populistdriven (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-18-09 06:31 PM
26. carrabas is owned by outback restaurants - another right wing douche bag
:thatsright: DOH! :lmao:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »
First, this really isn't a free speech issue. Letterman is free to say whatever stupid thing pops into his pointy little head, and consumers are free to decide to patronize or not patronize a business based on whatever they want.

Second, this clown plans to indoctrinate a bunch of high school kids with his/her totally fallacious version of the First Amendment????????? That in and of itself is disturbing.

Finally, wonder what this jerk thinks of the Kansas teacher who was non-renewed for being a conservative.

Anybody know where this asshat teaches? I'm sure the school board would be interested to hear of this crap!!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen a group of high school students at OG. They're usually brought in by their parents. Left to their own devices, teenagers would subsist on Mickey D's, Krystal and Pizza Hut.

Kid: But Dad, my teacher said we shouldn't go to Olive Garden!

Dad: Shut up and get dressed, and tell that teacher to shove a cannoli up her ass.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 07:00:44 PM »
My wife has been bugging me to go to Olive Garden for the last two weeks.  It isn't my favorite and it's a long way to drive.  But now I'll go. 

I'm even going to stop saying, "Olive Garden or your hair appointment - you decide."

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 07:16:32 PM »

Apparently it got to much coverage and he was reinstated.  :-)

Link

A teacher who said his contract was not renewed because of his conservative political beliefs will return to his Lawrence High School government and history classes for the 2009-2010 school year.

Superintendent Randy Weseman ruled Thursday on Tim Latham’s grievance, which stated that Latham did not receive all of the four mandatory classroom observations for first-year teachers that are laid out in teachers’ contracts.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »
That's funny, greenbriar used to brag in the lounge about what a fantastic cook she was. So good in fact that it would be a waste of money to eat out.

That's how she saved for the CRUISE.   :rotf:

I'm still waiting for those pictures.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
Anybody know where this asshat teaches? I'm sure the school board would be interested to hear of this crap!!!!!!!!

I do, and I know her name, too.   :hyper:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »

I do, and I know her name, too.   :hyper:

Well if you won't, PM me and I will let those that need to know, hear how biased this asshat is! Any teacher with this kind of political bias, has no business teaching our children!

Unless of course, you condon this behavior?

(edited for content)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:21:58 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »
ROCKURWORLD and I were concerned about that a while back. We have Greenbriar system of schools here in Evans.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 10:42:57 PM »
Well if you won't, PM me and I will let those that need to know, hear how biased this asshat is! Any teacher with this kind of political bias, has no business teaching our children!

Unless of course, you condon this behavior?

(edited for content)

Are you really asking me if I condone this behavior from a public schoolteacher?  Not no, but hell no.  I sent you a PM - if you don't get it, let me know. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 12:22:36 AM »
I considered setting up a MySpace page for the green thorny heifer but I don't have the time to wade through her bullshit.  I remember at least a couple years ago, she was regularly posting ugly, malicious bullshit about George Bush.  She was is just as crazy as the worst of the pathetic, drooling shut-ins over there.  I imagine it would put a damper on her professional life if the school board knew what kind of person they had working for them.

Darden Restaurants owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Bahama Breeze.  I've never been to Olive Garden, but I worked at a Bahama Breeze restaurant for a couple years; probably one of the best, most unique chain restaurants you'll find.  I say good for them -- comedy is one thing.  Bitter resentment from a politically biased past-his-prime TV host desperately trying to be relevant is something else entirely.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:27:41 AM by Chris »
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 12:28:36 AM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)     
Thu Jun-18-09 02:50 PM

I will be satisfying my Italian cravings at Carrabas.

Carrabas is a big Glenn Beck sponsor. :evillaugh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29:02 AM »
I considered setting up a MySpace page for the green thorny heifer but I don't have the time to wade through her bullshit.  I remember at least a couple years ago, she was regularly posting ugly, malicious bullshit about George Bush.  She was is just as crazy as the worst of the pathetic, drooling shut-ins over there.  I imagine it would put a damper on her professional life if the school board knew what kind of person they had working for them.

Darden Restaurants owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Bahama Breeze.  I've never been to Olive Garden, but I worked at a Bahama Breeze restaurant for a couple years; probably one of the best, most unique chain restaurants you'll find.  I say good for them -- comedy is one thing.  Bitter resentment from a past-his-prime TV host desperately trying to be relevant is something else entirely.
lettermans "prime" was when he was the weather guy on channel 13
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »
lettermans "prime" was when he was the weather guy on channel 13

I thought he was funny in 1984, but I was ten years old and never got to stay up long enough to watch his show for more than three minutes.  So, there you go.

I'll be happy if I never see Paul Shafer on television again.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 12:33:40 AM »
Carrabas is a big Glenn Beck sponsor. :evillaugh:

Yes, they are. :yum:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 05:36:32 AM »
She's full of shit. She took he coupons and she knows it.

A lying politician huh? So greenbrier, a mother defending her child is a lying pos eh? You might want to try Sarah Palin's method of parenting sometime. From what I can tell her kids aren't clammering to get away from their mother as soon as they possibly can.  :evillaugh:

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 05:44:14 AM »
She's full of shit. She took he coupons and she knows it.

A lying politician huh? So greenbrier, a mother defending her child is a lying pos eh? You might want to try Sarah Palin's method of parenting sometime. From what I can tell her kids aren't clammering to get away from their mother as soon as they possibly can.  :evillaugh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: