Author Topic: It is such a simple premise: Men do not have the right to tell women  (Read 4210 times)

Offline VivisMom

Re: It is such a simple premise: Men do not have the right to tell women
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »
Women, according to lefty/liberals, cannot be equals to men on their own.  Women require special considerations and social exemptions in order to appear equal.

Here's the thing that really irks me about feminism...I'm not a man. I don't want to be treated like a man. I want people to recognize that I am a woman and therefore different from a man. What I want is equity, not equality. There's a difference there.

Does this mean that I want my husband to be the one that fixes things around the house, shovels snow, changes the oil in my car? Possibly. (Okay, definitely on the shoveling part, the rest I'm okay with.) What I really want is for everyone-regardless of gender-to accept the fact that I have chosen my own path in life and to not tell me that because I am a SAHM and a regular churchgoer that I am a subservient female and unable to escape the chains of sexism that are inherent in my career choice and my religion. I am doing exactly the job I want to be doing, and it is my CHOICE to do so.

What really bugs me the most about these 'feminist, pro-choice' people is that they only support your choice if it is the one THEY think you should make. If you choose to belong to an organized religion, to get married, to stay home and take care of your children, then these women automatically discount you as a person. Where's the equality in that? Are my choices not as legitimate as the choice of a feminist who chooses to never marry, to sleep around and abort fetuses, to focus on herself and her career? Why are her choices more acceptable to feminists than mine?

Feminism is the worst thing to happen to women since the snake convinced Eve to eat the apple in the Garden of Eden.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »
Feminism is the worst thing to happen to women since the snake convinced Eve to eat the apple in the Garden of Eden.
[/quote]

That snake is alive and well still calling the shots.  Have you ever really looked into a radical feminist's eyes?  Pure evil. 

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »

That snake is alive and well still calling the shots.  Have you ever really looked into a radical feminist's eyes?  Pure evil. 

I try not to get close enough to make eye contact. Radical feminists give me the willies.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 07:32:49 AM »
Here's the thing that really irks me about feminism...I'm not a man. I don't want to be treated like a man. I want people to recognize that I am a woman and therefore different from a man. What I want is equity, not equality. There's a difference there.

Does this mean that I want my husband to be the one that fixes things around the house, shovels snow, changes the oil in my car? Possibly. (Okay, definitely on the shoveling part, the rest I'm okay with.) What I really want is for everyone-regardless of gender-to accept the fact that I have chosen my own path in life and to not tell me that because I am a SAHM and a regular churchgoer that I am a subservient female and unable to escape the chains of sexism that are inherent in my career choice and my religion. I am doing exactly the job I want to be doing, and it is my CHOICE to do so.

What really bugs me the most about these 'feminist, pro-choice' people is that they only support your choice if it is the one THEY think you should make. If you choose to belong to an organized religion, to get married, to stay home and take care of your children, then these women automatically discount you as a person. Where's the equality in that? Are my choices not as legitimate as the choice of a feminist who chooses to never marry, to sleep around and abort fetuses, to focus on herself and her career? Why are her choices more acceptable to feminists than mine?

Excellent post, Vivismom! Hi5! :cheersmate:

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 07:44:32 AM »
Dittos, Vivis Mom! Excellently stated. You deserve a ^10 for that.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 10:00:26 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gee, lurking DUmmies, nothing like a strong woman, eh?

H5 btw!
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
That's a special mixture of crazy in those posts :mental:

Well its hard to top UGP but that post is in the running.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »

Great. You really need to post more! Hi-5.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »
Amen Vivismom!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 05:46:56 AM »
Great. You really need to post more! Hi-5.

Awww, thanks. I'm trying, but a two year old is a very, very busy thing to have. :)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 07:41:08 AM »
Awww, thanks. I'm trying, but a two year old is a very, very busy thing to have. :)

Aw come on! You're a stay-at-home mom! Turn on Playhouse Disney, let the Imagination Movers babysit, and post away!

:innocent:

:-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 10:39:52 AM »
My kids are only 20 months apart, and when they were that age, I remember that a good day was a day when I got a shower and the opportunity to sit down to eat. I have no idea how I managed it, or how any woman does it. I am so lazy now, I would die if I had to try to do all that again. Rock on, Vivi's Mom, you are raising the next generation, and we are counting on you to do good work!  :-)
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
Aw come on! You're a stay-at-home mom! Turn on Playhouse Disney, let the Imagination Movers babysit, and post away!

:innocent:

:-)

She LOVES the Imagination Movers, but not as much as Yo Gabba Gabba!  :banghead:

I wish she would let me do that. If I have the computer open in front of her, she wants to bang on the keys, touch the screen, open and close it...*sigh* It's easier to just not have it when she's around.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »

She LOVES the Imagination Movers, but not as much as Yo Gabba Gabba!  :banghead:

I wish she would let me do that. If I have the computer open in front of her, she wants to bang on the keys, touch the screen, open and close it...*sigh* It's easier to just not have it when she's around.

I've got my 18-month-old on my lap as I type this, and she's watching "Yo Gabba Gabba."  She's transfixed.  She really likes "Wow Wow Wubbzy!"  A lot.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
I've got my 18-month-old on my lap as I type this, and she's watching "Yo Gabba Gabba."  She's transfixed.  She really likes "Wow Wow Wubbzy!"  A lot.

Yo Gabba Gabba is like crack to preschoolers. It's hysterical to watch my kid watch it, because she dances around and shouts all their names. I'm wondering if they are inserting subliminal messages somewhere in there, aiming for the preschool/stoner set.

In an attempt to get my child to develop a warped sense of humor, I've begun allowing her to watch Spongebob. I hope it takes!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »
Yo Gabba Gabba is like crack to preschoolers. It's hysterical to watch my kid watch it, because she dances around and shouts all their names.

It's truly a riot to watch my daughter sway back and forth to the Wubbzy music.  Which, IMO, isn't bad (the music) at all.

I'm wondering if they are inserting subliminal messages somewhere in there, aiming for the preschool/stoner set.

Hopefully, they'd try to intercept the stoner messages.

In an attempt to get my child to develop a warped sense of humor, I've begun allowing her to watch Spongebob. I hope it takes!

If my daughter has a sense of humor as warped as I have, may God help anyone who wants to date her.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.