Author Topic: It is such a simple premise: Men do not have the right to tell women  (Read 4262 times)

Offline MrsSmith

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-19-09 03:32 PM
Original message

It is such a simple premise: Men do not have the right to tell women 
 what they can or cannot do.

But this simple premise runs counter to how men have treated women from time immemorial.

We are seen as property, chattel, breeding machines...

It has to stop, and even though we've made much progress, there is still much to be done.

The death of the 21 year old girl wearing a mini-skirt really triggered me...

My God. What does it take to make things right?

I am outraged on behalf of all exploited women.

No one has any clue what Pegs is talking about...but that doesn't bother most of them...

polichick  (1000+ posts)      Sun Apr-19-09 03:37 PM
Response to Original message
2. Women keep most of the world's religions strong...
 Edited on Sun Apr-19-09 03:39 PM by polichick
...sending their children to church, doing the congregation's grunt work, etc. ~ and yet most religions see them as second-class citizens.

imo women have to turn their backs on ALL organizations and individuals who treat us that way.

Women have far more power than we collectively use!

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-19-09 03:40 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Education is very necessary, for women as well as men... 
 Your points are well taken.

So often, women do not realize that they are being treated as second-class citizens. They need to be brought into the light...

polichick  (1000+ posts)      Sun Apr-19-09 03:46 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. Or they don't want to see - imo there's no excuse for American women...
 ...to NOT see how some religious organizations diss them. imo it's crazy for women to attend Catholic churches or any others where they are not allowed to lead
. It's as if they're begging to be treated badly. They even continue to send their precious children after the whole world knows how the church covered for pedophiles. Seems as if the priests could murder their children and women would continue to be the church's enablers.

Religion is one big area where women could make a huge impact overnight!

Liberal_in_LA  (1000+ posts)      Sun Apr-19-09 03:48 PM
Response to Reply #6
9. I know. I don't understand Baptist, Catholic, ultra ortho Jewish, muslim american women
 How can you keep attending and putting money in the plate

Liberal_in_LA  (1000+ posts)      Sun Apr-19-09 05:11 PM
Response to Reply #53
55. back in the 70s these same type of women trashed 'women's libbers' but them all 
 expected to get promotions at work, equal pay etc...And they definitely love their birth control
. women like that ride on the backs of progressive women. 

Reterr  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-19-09 04:04 PM
Response to Original message
32. I agree but with the caveat that no religious nut (or any other kinda nut)   
 Edited on Sun Apr-19-09 04:06 PM by Reterr
should be able to tell women (or men) what to do.

It is amazing how some women too cling to the chains that bind them. Going by my personal experience here in the south, I would almost be tempted to say that there are a lot more of these self-righteous, pro-life women than even men
. Not really, I am sure...
It is probably 50-50, but God some of these women make me sick.

The hypocrisy is amazing too...
It never applies to them. Just all those loose, liberal women out there who use abortion as birth-control or something.
Male or female, I feel like telling these loons to take a check.

There is definitely an asymmetry between the genders when it comes to a lot of the psychotic stuff, but I can't ignore the number of nutty, religious women that promote this type of nonsense.

For people who don't think men should tell women what to do, they sure spend a lot of time telling women what to do!!   :rotf: :rotf:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: It is such a simple premise: Men do not have the right to tell women
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »
Now remember, folks, if you didn't know.

The California Peggy primitive was gender-altered.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
wow.

Islam treats them like nothing and they lash out at every single religion they can think of.

They avoid criticizing Islam directly at all costs don't they?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
For people who don't think men should tell women what to do, they sure spend a lot of time telling women what to do!!   :rotf: :rotf:

Cha-Ching!!

Women speaking inappropriately about other women who don't see things they way they do and, in doing so, treating them as second-class citizens, a type of behavior they claim they are against.  You just can't dream this stuff up any better than these nuts really view it.

Apparently this story of the 21 year old is out of Russia.  Surprise, surprise; it has to do with the Islamic religion.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25331142-12377,00.html

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 07:19:28 PM »
Oh my. What would our dear friend know about being a woman???
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »

SERIOUSLY????????????? :o

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »
I see the Little Goons are still busy telling God his design was all wrong. 

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 08:20:54 PM »
SERIOUSLY????????????? :o

there are just no normal people over there are there?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
That's a special mixture of crazy in those posts :mental:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 08:31:41 PM »
That's a special mixture of crazy in those posts :mental:

When isn't there? :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »
When isn't there? :-)

True...but sometimes...even after all these years there are still times when they just make me say "wow"
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 08:52:47 PM »

Now, Frank...we don't know that for sure.

do we?

C'peggy, "I was a man once, you can't tell me what to do!"

Is that irony, hypocrisy, or something new...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Now, Frank...we don't know that for sure.

do we?

C'peggy, "I was a man once, you can't tell me what to do!"

Is that irony, hypocrisy, or something new...

Maybe he got tired of being told what to do, therefore the change...surely, in California, the feminists rule all.   :rotf:

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »
I see the Little Goons are still busy telling God his design was all wrong. 
Just think how upset they would be if they understood that modern psychology is now teaching Biblical principles of marriage.  :lmao:

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »
Guess what denizens of DU, you have no more rights to tell me what do than anybody else.  Why the  :censored: do you think you have the right to tell me what I should believe, who gave you the right to claim that I am ignorant?  I have never had a man act like my only worth was to give birth to children, or treat me like I was a second class citizen. It is your side that tells people that they are awful for wanting to have more than one child, we just want to keep children from being killed.  How about you actually push for mandatory explanations as to how various birth control methods work.  If you really want to women to have freedom of choice, shouldn't they be informed that the BC pill, patch, nuvaring, IUD, and probably other prevent pregnancy through their abortifacient properties (not all chemical methods, but enough that I would advice women to careful research any method they are considering if they consider life to begin at fertilization).  No, you only care about the women who want to have abortions.  You only care about freedom for the women who agree with you, and the only possible reason to disagree is because we are ignorant.  Well, aren't you enlightened.

Are you DUmmies aware of what happens where women are truly second-class citizens?  China has a huge imbalance between men and women because their culture values men over women (specifically boys over girls), and they restricted the number of allowable children.  In India they have to have orphanages specifically for abandoned girl children.  In Afghanistan girls are afraid to go to school because they could be attacked, and parts of Afghanistan just legalized marital rape.  In Saudi Arabia, women cannot be in public without a male relative.  In Iran (I believe this is right country) and 8 year old girl was just married to a much older man, and the courts said it was perfectly legal.  

And yet, in you little minds, you think that Christianity is the great oppressor.  Some churches are evil because women cannot be pastors or priests, never mind that women are most likely active in every other aspect of the church. If you don't like it, don't go to that church, but how dare you try to tell me how to practice my religion.  

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 03:59:56 AM »
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 02:41:15 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Really? From What to What? Besides confused, that is, I am certain that's still in play. And why is he/she/it so worried about abortion? Doesn't sound like it is a personal problem for her/him/it.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 06:17:21 AM »

Frank? Did she actually admit to this on the board somewhere? If so.....link? :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »
wow.

Islam treats them like nothing and they lash out at every single religion they can think of.

They avoid criticizing Islam directly at all costs don't they?

Thats not exactly true.......................................................if you don't mind being chattel.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »
Guess what denizens of DU, you have no more rights to tell me what do than anybody else.  Why the  :censored: do you think you have the right to tell me what I should believe, who gave you the right to claim that I am ignorant?  I have never had a man act like my only worth was to give birth to children, or treat me like I was a second class citizen. It is your side that tells people that they are awful for wanting to have more than one child, we just want to keep children from being killed.  How about you actually push for mandatory explanations as to how various birth control methods work.  If you really want to women to have freedom of choice, shouldn't they be informed that the BC pill, patch, nuvaring, IUD, and probably other prevent pregnancy through their abortifacient properties (not all chemical methods, but enough that I would advice women to careful research any method they are considering if they consider life to begin at fertilization).  No, you only care about the women who want to have abortions.  You only care about freedom for the women who agree with you, and the only possible reason to disagree is because we are ignorant.  Well, aren't you enlightened.

Are you DUmmies aware of what happens where women are truly second-class citizens?  China has a huge imbalance between men and women because their culture values men over women (specifically boys over girls), and they restricted the number of allowable children.  In India they have to have orphanages specifically for abandoned girl children.  In Afghanistan girls are afraid to go to school because they could be attacked, and parts of Afghanistan just legalized marital rape.  In Saudi Arabia, women cannot be in public without a male relative.  In Iran (I believe this is right country) and 8 year old girl was just married to a much older man, and the courts said it was perfectly legal.  

And yet, in you little minds, you think that Christianity is the great oppressor.  Some churches are evil because women cannot be pastors or priests, never mind that women are most likely active in every other aspect of the church. If you don't like it, don't go to that church, but how dare you try to tell me how to practice my religion.  

I have found that what DUers usually bristle against are the subtle(and not so subtle) obligations that come with being a woman,yet men are supposed to meet and fulfill all theirs while expecting little to nothing in return. It is men in this situation who are little more then slaves.

I think the stop gap for most DUers(when you get past their stereotypes of men and women in a spiritually rich home) is that men also have obligations they are expected to live up to as well. They too, don't always like what they are called to do, yet they do it anyway out of love for their wives and in honor of their marriages. God forbid women should be held to the same standard. :whatever:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:47 AM »
Let's see:

Woman gets pregnant + man  does not want baby + woman wants baby = woman gets child support, man has no voice in the matter

Woman gets pregnant + man wants baby + woman does not want baby = woman has abortion, man has no voice in the matter

Remind me again where the EQUAL rights come in.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
Let's see:

Woman gets pregnant + man  does not want baby + woman wants baby = woman gets child support, man has no voice in the matter

Woman gets pregnant + man wants baby + woman does not want baby = woman has abortion, man has no voice in the matter

Remind me again where the EQUAL rights come in.

Woman allowed to kill child of man.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
Hey Peggy:  Shut up, bitch.

:evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 11:31:54 AM »
Hey Peggy:  Shut up, bitch.

:evillaugh:
And bring me another beer.

And it better be opened this time.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
What's to understand is that without the power to abort a pregnancy, a woman has no control over her life.  In order to live up to society's ideas about parenting a woman must give up about twenty years of whoring around and partying, right in the middle of the best years of her life, to properly meet expectations.  Supposedly, men do not have to make this choice, so life is "unfair" to women.  

The thing that amuses me is that most lefty/liberal argument about women's rights is a downright admission that women are weak and cannot handle the really important things in life.  Oh, it's always colored not to appear that way, but when you strip it all down to the seed of logic, that's what you find.  It also appears that women are too weak and inferior to be action figures in their own lives.  They are only and always reacting to outside forces.  Women, according to lefty/liberals, cannot be equals to men on their own.  Women require special considerations and social exemptions in order to appear equal.  

When the lefty/liberals "women rights movement" is surgically dissected it is really quite insulting to everyday American women.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »
What's to understand is that without the power to abort a pregnancy, a woman has no control over her life.  In order to live up to society's ideas about parenting a woman must give up about twenty years of whoring around and partying, right in the middle of the best years of her life, to properly meet expectations.  Supposedly, men do not have to make this choice, so life is "unfair" to women.  

The thing that amuses me is that most lefty/liberal argument about women's rights is a downright admission that women are weak and cannot handle the really important things in life.  Oh, it's always colored not to appear that way, but when you strip it all down to the seed of logic, that's what you find.  It also appears that women are too weak and inferior to be action figures in their own lives.  They are only and always reacting to outside forces.  Women, according to lefty/liberals, cannot be equals to men on their own.  Women require special considerations and social exemptions in order to appear equal.  

When the lefty/liberals "women rights movement" is surgically dissected it is really quite insulting to everyday American women.
You're absolutely right, Undies.  They do act as though we can't make it without the ability to murder our children and order men around. 

Maybe that's why they hate conservative women so much...so many of us have managed to not only have multiple kids (a litter, I've heard it called), but also finish school, finish college, get a good job, buy a house, and make it just fine with or without a man...though  most of us happily choose to have a man...AND get along with him.   :-)