Author Topic: My husband i make $100k COMBINED  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
My husband i make $100k COMBINED
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
Where's the LOVE?!

Sebass1271  (485 posts)     
Tue Oct-14-08 10:43 AM
Original message

$100K combined. We can't afford health insurance benefits. Our employers don't offer it because they say "it is not the law" so they don't. We tried to obtain individual health care insurance but it was too expensive. All insurance companies quoted us $800.00 or more per month. Obviously we can't afford this amount when you have mortgage payments, insurance, car payments and insurance, food, gas, electricity bills and some savings at the end of the month. We don't splurge, we live within our means. So Obama obviously is talking to US. We also tried to obtain insurance benefits for our six year son and applied to Florida's kid care.. well, my little one was denied because for them, my husband and I make too much money. How can that be? We don't make too much money. We are barely surviving!!..

This is so FRUSTRTING!!!...

WE are not looking for free insurance, we want AFFORDABLE insurance. I posted my family situation in Politico.com and this conservative replied to my post:

Taking away the Bush tax cuts is no different than RAISING your taxes. It will not just raise the taxes of those earning over $250,000 it will be for EVERY American--100% across the board. Additional payroll deductions will be used to pay for Obama's comprehensive health care plan.

The family making $100,000? There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. You make too much to be benefited by Obama's plan. In your income bracket, you will not be any better off than buying private health care insurance now. This isn't magic. Please don't be fooled by political promises that sound too good to be true. They are just that, too good to be true, but it will probably get him elected."

Any help to reply to this creep?? I know Obama will not raise our taxes. But this is a mantra I hear all the time from these people!!!.

This one is getting interesting.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: My husband i make $100k COMBINED
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
We pay close to $800 a month for health insurance.  So what?  If you make 100K then you can afford it.  If you make 100K you have to have at least one skill that could get you a job at a place that has health insurance.  Walmart is always hiring.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »
We pay close to $800 a month for health insurance.  So what?  If you make 100K then you can afford it.  If you make 100K you have to have at least one skill that could get you a job at a place that has health insurance.  Walmart is always hiring.

Not according to this DUmmie.  It says they even tried to get Kid Care through the state of Florida because they are living on the edge.

:whatever:

It is a fun thread to read through.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:04:41 PM »
Barely getting by on $100,000 a year? Someone is full of shit. :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 01:06:48 PM »

They're making $100K combined?  In this, the worst economy EVAH?  That's unpossible.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »
Sebass1271  Donating Member  (485 posts)
Tue Oct-14-08 11:43 AM
Original message

Advertisements [?]
$100K combined. We can't afford health insurance benefits. Our employers don't offer it because they say "it is not the law" so they don't. We tried to obtain individual health care insurance but it was too expensive. All insurance companies quoted us $800.00 or more per month. Obviously we can't afford this amount when you have mortgage payments, insurance, car payments and insurance, food, gas, electricity bills and some savings at the end of the month. We don't splurge, we live within our means. So Obama obviously is talking to US. We also tried to obtain insurance benefits for our six year son and applied to Florida's kid care.. well, my little one was denied because for them, my husband and I make too much money. How can that be? We don't make too much money. We are barely surviving!!..

This is so FRUSTRTING!!!...

Hey, you know what?  **** you!  My wife and I make less than $25K combined and we get by just fine.  (Helps to live where we do.)  We even planned ahead to get by when she's out from work for 6 weeks due to the baby.  On $100K, what the hell are you spending it all on?  Mortgage?  Do you live in a frickin' mansion?  What kinds of cars do you drive?  Are you "too good" to buy less expensive food?  $100K and you're complaining.  Give me a ****ing break!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »
I wonder if this DUmmie recognizes the irony in its post?

lumberjack_jeff  (1000+ posts)     
Tue Oct-14-08 11:18 AM
Response to Original message

25. Insurance wouldn't be nearly as expensive if everyone were covered.
 I'm trying hard here to be sympathetic, but my family of five (one with special needs and one in college) makes significantly less than half yours. Closer to one-third.

Sadly, in this society medical coverage is an individual responsibility. But it is a responsibility. $800/month is more than it should be, but it is less than 10% of your gross income.

I can't afford my taxes. I can't afford to pay the mortgage. I can't afford to feed my kids, but I have to. Because I HAVE to do those things, other things become discretionary.

You are one ambulance ride from bankruptcy, leaving me to pick up the tab. This should be exhibit #1 explaining why any effective government medical plan cannot be optional.

But, it won't cost me a DIME to pay for your socialized medical care.   :thatsright:

KC

*Stolen

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 01:10:54 PM »
No seriously, Jinx, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 01:16:11 PM »
No seriously, Jinx, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I feel that as long as I keep coming here and reading these dumbass posts by retarded DUmp monkeys, there's no way I'm ever going to be able to quit swearing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »

Totally.  I'm supporting my wife and son on $36k a year, and that total is after my housing allowance, medical insurance, and all those nice things are factored into my $24,000 taxable income.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »

Either they're lying or they're spending way more on things that don't need to cost them that much.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
I live in So cal, arguably the most expensive area in the country to live, and do just fine on considerably less than 100k p/year. Its all about prioritizing. Some things are necessities and some are luxuries. When my kids were little I was barely making 25k per year and I still paid for full medical coverage thru my employer. Granted my employer paid half the cost but it was still $400 p/month! THATS a necessity. We didnt go to restaurants and we didnt eat junk food. That alone is a huge money saver. That $400 p/month I paid would be equal to $1600 p/month for the DUmmie. I didnt bitch about the cost because I was just glad my children were covered. If it is really that important to them they CAN afford it. But I suspect they have this sense of entitlement and think it should be free. Assholes.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 01:35:40 PM »

Not if you've seen Florida's housing insurance prices lately. I got to see my dad's bill--6500.00 a year and he didn't include the outside screen as it would have been another 1500.00 a year. Those prices have increased from more reasonable rates after the last few hurricanes. But the upside is they have no state income tax where other states with more reasonable rates do so it probably all balances out in the end. I'm with mama, one of them should be able to get a job with their skills that has health insurance. If they are running their own business then perhaps it's time for one of them to get a part time gig that offers some benefits in addition or look into banding with other small businesses and perhaps finding a group rate with the increase in numbers they will have. I mean, this situation isn't insurmountable. they have ONE school age child. They should be able to figure something out. I'd love to have that kind of freedom to help out with our family budget, but as it is, I have 3 children, one still a preschooler and one with a disability that will be with him for his whole life--his care is both expensive and necessary if someone won't be at the house. I wish I had the options this 'hopeless' individual has.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 01:59:47 PM »
Quote from:
Ashy Larry

6. Obama is proposing that we let the Bush tax cuts expire but only the tax cuts that apply to those who make more than $250,000. Under Obama's plan, you would get a tax cut.

Quote from:
JHB

7. He's baiting and switching...

Obama stated that he would not raise taxes on people earning less than $250,000. However, he voted in the Senate to let the Bush tax cuts expire

He's equating Obama's tax plan in his presidential bid with a Senate vote to eliminate the Bush tax cuts.

They need to get their lies straight.

Oh, and they continue to be stupid enough to believe that Hussein is going to give a tax cut to the middle and lower class.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline overlord

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »
WTF is wrong with this douchebag?  I make just under $35k/yr and I support myself and my three kids just fine....with health insurance...

It's called living within your means dumbass :censored:
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »
okay -- DUmmy - you make 100K a year combined - if I assume you are losing 40% of that to taxes you are still netting 60K a year, or about $1150 a week. - losing $200 a week on health ins. will still leave you with $950 a week for everything else.

You need to be living WAY beyond your means if you are torching through that much cash.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »
Not if you've seen Florida's housing insurance prices lately. I got to see my dad's bill--6500.00 a year and he didn't include the outside screen as it would have been another 1500.00 a year. Those prices have increased from more reasonable rates after the last few hurricanes. But the upside is they have no state income tax where other states with more reasonable rates do so it probably all balances out in the end. I'm with mama, one of them should be able to get a job with their skills that has health insurance. If they are running their own business then perhaps it's time for one of them to get a part time gig that offers some benefits in addition or look into banding with other small businesses and perhaps finding a group rate with the increase in numbers they will have. I mean, this situation isn't insurmountable. they have ONE school age child. They should be able to figure something out. I'd love to have that kind of freedom to help out with our family budget, but as it is, I have 3 children, one still a preschooler and one with a disability that will be with him for his whole life--his care is both expensive and necessary if someone won't be at the house. I wish I had the options this 'hopeless' individual has.

$6500?  A YEAR?

Granted, I pay more than you in property tax, but not nearly enough to justify 13 times my home insurance rates.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline claret1995

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 02:48:32 PM »

When one deducts all the donations to the Obama campaign. Maybe they can't really afford anything

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »
Between my husband and me, we make very good money.  However, we are just finishing putting the kid through college all paid for by us with no loans and no scholarships.  We bought our house in 2001 when real estate was at a peak (ouch) but more importantly, my husband has made saving as much money as we can a priority.  A huge priority. 

That's where I get the maddest.  We live fairly frugally to save so we can take care of ourselves when we are senior citizens because lawd knows we can't rely on anyone but us to take care of us. 

However, in an Obama or democratic presidency, when it comes time to retire we will be giving more of our hard-earned money and the accompanying sacrifices to the government to pay for idiots like the one complaining about the high cost of health insurance.

What do you want to bet they have several credit cards with high balances and two new cars? 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 03:23:35 PM »

I think some of us are getting carried away and forgetting this poster is a DUmmy.

Remember that DUmmies lie, all the time.

In this case, the truth may be that she and her husband have been married four years,
and combined, during that time, they've made 100K.

That would still put them in the upper range of DU wage earners.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 04:33:32 PM »
$100,000 in FL is pretty good money.  What they ought to consider is that all those government mandates about what insurance is mandated to cover is driving up the price.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 05:11:46 PM »
$100,000 in FL is pretty good money.  What they ought to consider is that all those government mandates about what insurance is mandated to cover is driving up the price.

The median annual income in FLA for a 4 person family in 2005 was $62K: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/4person.html
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
Family(3+ persons) ....Under 40..... $436 .....$343 .....$173

http://www.medi-share.org/program_options.aspx

Of course, it's Biblical Medical Insurance, so might give them hives or something...   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 06:18:06 PM »
I do believe the health care system in this country is terribly flawed, and I blame the government AND the insurance companies for it.

I've told the story before, I had a vasectomy, my insurance paid for it, but I got to see the itemized bill.  $25 for Neosporin.  Now, the incisions took one stitch each, the amount of Neosporin applied to them was practically microscopic, but the insurance company gladly reimbursed them 25 bucks for it.  The administrative costs for the hospital to fill out the necessary forms for the government and the insurance companies contribute heavily to these ridiculous prices.
That hurts.  What also hurts is when a state senator decides to write into state law that all insurance that is issued must cover recuperative pedicures to favor a lobbying group.  Yes, the system is flawed and we do need to work in some changes.  But the system is not in a state of failure like the DUmmies.

Then you have to figure in hospitals estimating dead beats who won't pay their bill and the lawyer factor which all of us paying folks get to pay for.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »
Maybe her husband has an ex in Missouri.  Mr Smith brings home just under 1/2 of his "take home" after paying for his kids.  If he had to cover the kids on his insurance, that would take 1/2 of what's left. 

Of course, we've arranged things to manage on that amount, out of necessity, so that everyone is insured, sheltered, fed, clothed...   :wink:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.