Author Topic: Everybody run! The prom queen has a gun!  (Read 3671 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: Everybody run! The prom queen has a gun!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 07:05:05 AM »
She's way short of her goal, but one has to admit fifteen hundred bucks is nothing to sneeze at.

Hey, 1500 bucks would get me a shiny new Dan Wesson or that 10mm Delta Elite I've been drooling about

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 07:11:33 AM »
I was wondering about that too. :confused:

Probably a 19.

ETA:  Is Charter Arms' QC back up to snuff?  My cousin just bought a PitBull in .40 S&W.  Said that he wanted to get a revolver but didn't want to have to deal with another round (I suggested .38 Special), so he found that our LGS had one.  He said that it's rather 'snappy.'
I have a S&W Bodyguard .38 and it is quite snappy. I'd rather shoot my .480 Ruger than the .38 but the Ruger does not conceal very well (meaning, not at all).

[youtube]https://youtu.be/RqQn2ADZE1A[/youtube]
Replace Janie with Pammie
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 07:14:57 AM »
For tiny revolvers, right?  I didn't see SIG or Glock on that and figured that you were talking revolvers.  The new Kimber hasn't been out long enough, but I'd place it right at the front of Tier One.

You are correct; I was talking about small-framed revolvers. I should have been more precise.

I didn't include the Kimber K6S. It is a beautiful weapon, fit and finish are top-notch. But... it is new on the market and does not yet have a track record for long-term reliability. Parts wear or breakage, shooting out of time or alignment, or recalls would all affect my rating.

Also not included: the Chiappa Rhino, the Armscor 206, and the Cobra Shadow (not to be confused with the Colt Cobra). I haven't handled or fired any of them, I don't know anyone who has, and I haven't read anything from someone who has actually fired more than 500 rounds through any of them.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:35 AM »
Hey, 1500 bucks would get me a shiny new Dan Wesson or that 10mm Delta Elite I've been drooling about

Ooooooooh.  Aaaaaaah.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 07:40:01 AM »
You are correct; I was talking about small-framed revolvers. I should have been more precise.

No problem--I speak 'small, concealable handgun' rather well. :whistling:

I didn't include the Kimber K6S. It is a beautiful weapon, fit and finish are top-notch. But... it is new on the market and does not yet have a track record for long-term reliability. Parts wear or breakage, shooting out of time or alignment, or recalls would all affect my rating.

Well, your opinion, like BadCat's and DAT's, on weapons is one that I want and seek out.  You are right about the time-frame question.  it's just too new.

Also not included: the Chiappa Rhino, the Armscor 206, and the Cobra Shadow (not to be confused with the Colt Cobra). I haven't handled or fired any of them, I don't know anyone who has, and I haven't read anything from someone who has actually fired more than 500 rounds through any of them.

I've been checking out reports on the Armscor/RIA 200-series of .38 Special revolvers.  The 206 grabs my attention rather quickly.  From what I've seen of various YouTube channels that I subscribe to (I have got to get a Hickok45 teeshirt!), they find it to be a rather well-made, if a tad rough, little snubbie.  I'm interested in what Colt is going to charge for their new Cobra (probably won't be able to justify it, so I'd get a Kimber K6S instead).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »
Did the cat run off with Pam's Glock?

She has had em both for years. She posted a pic, leaning against a computer with garbage in the background. Same place she took her glock pic.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 01:43:17 PM »
Did the cat run off with Pam's Glock?

My cat is more into SIGSauers . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2017, 04:22:14 PM »
I'm open to diversity on wheel guns; 686 4" and 6".
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »
demtenjeep (23,480 posts)

I am terrified. I am disabled and sick. My other half is a white albino
I tried to speak of how serious this is and that we would not be safe.

my other half said "we aren't the bad guys"

No understanding at all

If this gets horribly bad, I have a charter pink lady and I will use it. I will not be a victim

Be a leader, not a follower.  Be ahead of the rush.
Shoot yourself.  Not later, right now.
Just ****ing die already.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2017, 05:36:02 PM »
Be a leader, not a follower.  Be ahead of the rush.
Shoot yourself.  Not later, right now.
Just ****ing die already.

H5 for stepping right up and offering help! :whistling: :fuelfire: :cheersmate: :tongue:

Chase her.

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »
H5 for stepping right up and offering help! :whistling: :fuelfire: :cheersmate: :tongue:

I can't stand to see stupid animals suffer.  It's just my caring nature, I guess. :-)

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2017, 11:43:02 PM »
Well, your opinion, like BadCat's and DAT's, on weapons is one that I want and seek out.  You are right about the time-frame question.  it's just too new.

Thank you for the kind words, sir.

I've been checking out reports on the Armscor/RIA 200-series of .38 Special revolvers.  The 206 grabs my attention rather quickly.  From what I've seen of various YouTube channels that I subscribe to (I have got to get a Hickok45 teeshirt!), they find it to be a rather well-made, if a tad rough, little snubbie.  I'm interested in what Colt is going to charge for their new Cobra (probably won't be able to justify it, so I'd get a Kimber K6S instead).

I plan to buy an Armscor 206 and put it through the wringer this summer, then talk about it on the air. I reckon I'll write it up here on the Cave, too. For less than $225, it will be an affordable good time!

MSRP on the new Cobra (a 3rd generation Dick Special, really, because of the steel frame) is $699. Actual retail will probably be $599-625.  http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Revolvers/Cobra
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 07:10:13 AM »
Thank you for the kind words, sir.

I plan to buy an Armscor 206 and put it through the wringer this summer, then talk about it on the air. I reckon I'll write it up here on the Cave, too. For less than $225, it will be an affordable good time!

MSRP on the new Cobra (a 3rd generation Dick Special, really, because of the steel frame) is $699. Actual retail will probably be $599-625.  http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Revolvers/Cobra

Personally, I miss the Python.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 07:16:31 AM »
Personally, I miss the Python.

Oh, yeah. Me too.

I can see a New Python on the market in 2017.

-Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 07:40:41 AM »
Oh, yeah. Me too.

I can see a New Python on the market in 2017.

I sure hope so.  I just pulled my blued 6" out of the safe last week to admire it.  Damn, it's a pretty piece of iron!  Though, I don't think we'll ever see the new Python with a hand-fitted trigger, like the old ones.

Chase her.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »
I may be misunderstanding what an "albino" is.

But of course remember where I'm from, where the preponderant majority of everybody is fair-skinned, blue-eyed, and blond.

I always thought an "albino" was somebody with super-white skin, white hair, and pink instead of white in the eyes.

An albino is someone who doesn't carry the gene that codes for production of melanin. Result is ultra-pale skin that burns easily, pink iris (since they don't have any melanin, they do sometimes go blind from sunlight), and white hair. It's a recessive trait, so any offspring would be a carrier, but not suffer from it.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 01:44:42 PM »
An albino is someone who doesn't carry the gene that codes for production of melanin. Result is ultra-pale skin that burns easily, pink iris (since they don't have any melanin, they do sometimes go blind from sunlight), and white hair. It's a recessive trait, so any offspring would be a carrier, but not suffer from it.

Albinism also occurs in animals. Many cats with it are deaf, but I don't know if other animals are affected like that.