Author Topic: primitive tries to mole freerepublic  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: primitive tries to mole freerepublic
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »
An ugly battle between creationists and evolutionists. I stayed out of it, I just say "creationism is bunk" and leave it at that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »
An ugly battle between creationists and evolutionists. I stayed out of it, I just say "creationism is bunk" and leave it at that.

You don't believe in creation? Well F YOU! You can leave this board then, damnit!

.....ok, just kidding.  :tongue:

I personally don't care about the topic until people start bashing others for believing in creation and believing in God. I also don't want to see evolution taught when an alternative isn't offered, but then again, I'm against government schools to begin with. I don't argue religion, though I do consider myself a Christian. I have been saved, but back-slidden a lot. I'm a live and let live kinda guy. If it doesn't affect me personally, I could care less what someone else believes.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 05:59:07 PM »

You don't believe in creation? Well F YOU! You can leave this board then, damnit!

.....ok, just kidding.  :tongue:

I personally don't care about the topic until people start bashing others for believing in creation and believing in God. I also don't want to see evolution taught when an alternative isn't offered, but then again, I'm against government schools to begin with. I don't argue religion, though I do consider myself a Christian. I have been saved, but back-slidden a lot. I'm a live and let live kinda guy. If it doesn't affect me personally, I could care less what someone else believes.
LOL  :tongue: Many of the banned posters are at Loser, I mean Darwin Central now. I agree that the government school system belongs in the trash.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 06:06:58 PM by blitzkrieg_17 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 06:06:33 PM »
I believe our entire universe is inside the atom of a wooden leg on someone's coffee table...and the atom next to it contains another universe...and all the coffee tables in all the universes contains bocatoncattillions of universes until in one direction one atom is as big as our universe - and in the other direction, twenty-two Ckazzillion universes would fit in one of "our" atoms.

All created by our loving God.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »
Just curious.....what were the Crevo Wars?

I read FR occasionally, but never joined, as I found the board software to be less than user-friendly........

doc
A mod at FR moved all the "discussions" (read: uninformed opinions by people with no scientific knowledge against those who do know and understand science) to the Religion Forum and then all but one or two were banned for violating the RF rules.  It happened in the first few weeks after JR posted an "evolution=communism" thread.

FR lost 90% of its brainpower in a very short time and is still primarily populated by Luddites.

FWIIW, Darwin Central (http://www.darwincentral.org) was formed as a result.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
A mod at FR moved all the "discussions" (read: uninformed opinions by people with no scientific knowledge against those who do know and understand science) to the Religion Forum and then all but one or two were banned for violating the RF rules.  It happened in the first few weeks after JR posted an "evolution=communism" thread.

FR lost 90% of its brainpower in a very short time and is still primarily populated by Luddites.

....and that's the shit that pisses me off to no end. Lost 90% of their brain power? Because the evolutionists were banned? Look, I disagree with the bannings, but don't ****ing start denigrating people's intelligence who DO believe. This is a conservative site. No one will be banned for their religion or lack thereof, because it should be a non-issue. That's what pisses me off about you atheists. You can't be atheist without, apparently, downing the intelligence of people who do believe. In that aspect, you can kiss my ****ing ass.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »

....and that's the shit that pisses me off to no end. Lost 90% of their brain power? Because the evolutionists were banned? Look, I disagree with the bannings, but don't ****ing start denigrating people's intelligence who DO believe. This is a conservative site. No one will be banned for their religion or lack thereof, because it should be a non-issue. That's what pisses me off about you atheists. You can't be atheist without, apparently, downing the intelligence of people who do believe. In that aspect, you can kiss my ****ing ass.

he he he he.

It isn't about "belief." It is about knowledge and understanding. And I am far from an atheist. I am very much a Christian.

But I get your point.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »
Drop Barr's name alot? Huh? He's a Libertarian. Is that what they're doing at FR now?

God knows there were enough Paulbot idiot mouth-breathers over there at one time.  I wonder where they all are now?  ::)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 08:33:55 AM »

I'm guilty in the reverse.  I consider atheist intellectual dim and dishonest and too lazy to do the hard work God requires of us - which is to look around at the undeniable wonders of His too-intricate-to-comprehend creation and believe in Him.

But I never say anything.   :innocent:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 10:26:58 AM »
I am no fan of FR at this point but the issue became a certain poster (Patrick Henry) who would post daily evolution threads and then stand to the side while a group would appear and call everyone that disagreed "stupid,ignorant,nuts...etc".
The normal debate point to anyone that believes in creation was you are dumb and don`t know what you are talking about.

The bannings were`nt for beliefs but for civility.

I once challenged that poster after he admitted he wasn`t going to state his credentials about how he and his followers purport to be so intellectually superior if he would`nt state his credentials.

His answer..."I don`t talk to stupid people",then disappeared from the thread.
Brilliant cowardly response.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 10:28:47 AM by Carl »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »
I think I also was turned off when the illegal immigration debate broke out, and the board adpted the "politically correct" position on the issue......which stifled the debate considerably.......it became rather boring.

doc

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »

I'm guilty in the reverse.  I consider atheist intellectual dim and dishonest and too lazy to do the hard work God requires of us - which is to look around at the undeniable wonders of His too-intricate-to-comprehend creation and believe in Him.

I don't believe they're less intelligent. I just think they're very skeptical. Let's face it, we Christians have no more solid proof that God does exist than they do of him not existing. I helped by little Bella deliver 3 puppies and I couldn't look at that without thinking that that was one of God's miracles. Conversely, I've see other dogs and animals abandon and reject their offspring all the time.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »
Drop Barr's name alot? Huh? He's a Libertarian. Is that what they're doing at FR now?

God knows there were enough Paulbot idiot mouth-breathers over there at one time.  I wonder where they all are now?  ::)
Probably gone to some 9/11 truther nutjob site.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »

I don't believe they're less intelligent. I just think they're very skeptical. Let's face it, we Christians have no more solid proof that God does exist than they do of him not existing. I helped by little Bella deliver 3 puppies and I couldn't look at that without thinking that that was one of God's miracles. Conversely, I've see other dogs and animals abandon and reject their offspring all the time.

FWIIW, TTOE is silent on God.  I, for one, see TTOE as yet another one of His wonders -- as do most of the scientific community and those who understand TTOE.  Skepticism of TTOE is lke skepticism on Geography or Mathematics or Physics. And it is skepticism about Biology.

But I take back what I said about the Crevo Wars.  If you stayed at FR, then FR only lost 89% of its brainpower, not 90% like I said ;)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »

FWIIW, TTOE is silent on God.  I, for one, see TTOE as yet another one of His wonders -- as do most of the scientific community and those who understand TTOE.  Skepticism of TTOE is lke skepticism on Geography or Mathematics or Physics. And it is skepticism about Biology.

But I take back what I said about the Crevo Wars.  If you stayed at FR, then FR only lost 89% of its brainpower, not 90% like I said ;)

Me too.  I see evolution as a "ripples in the water" thing.  God set it in motion.  Of course, that makes evolution part of "intelligent design", and that idea drives some fanatical evolutionists batsh*t foaming crazy. 

There is very little about evolution which is credible in the sense God does not exist.  There is plenty of credible evidence of intelligent design.  Anyone who has ever grafted one type of rose to another to create a third type of rose knows all about "intelligent design". 

My little toy miniature poodle, Lola, is an undeniable example of "intelligent design".   :lmao:   

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 01:35:23 PM »
There is very little about evolution which is credible in the sense God does not exist.  There is plenty of credible evidence of intelligent design.  Anyone who has ever grafted one type of rose to another to create a third type of rose knows all about "intelligent design".
If thinking that God created the Universe and, in doing so, set TTOE into motion and let it progress unmolested, then ID is more likely than not (and science is silent on the subject).  If the definition of ID is an external agent intervening in the process underway there is zero evidence.

I just want people to know the facts.