Author Topic: In the wake of this latest shooting, I ask once again...  (Read 1637 times)

Offline CC27

In the wake of this latest shooting, I ask once again...
« on: October 02, 2015, 09:33:38 AM »
Star Member F4lconF16 (3,260 posts)

Please.

Please.

Please do not attack the mentally ill.

They are my friends and community and they are NOT the cause of this.

They are NOT to blame for a culture that can watch 22 children shot to death without a response.

They are NOT to blame for a country in which the right to bear a lethal weapon outweighs the right to live without fear of that lethal weapon.

They are NOT to blame for media that react as if misogynistic, right-wing sociopaths are mentally ill.

They are NOT to blame for a health system that has utterly failed to take care of the few that did unfortunately come into contact with the huge numbers of weaponry floating around our streets.

They are NOT to blame.

Please, if you are not going to help them, then at least just shut up and leave them the **** alone. I am tired of watching them demonize
d.

I attack the mentally ill everybody by posting DUmp threads.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027221704

Offline Boudicca

Re: In the wake of this latest shooting, I ask once again...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
If you are a liberal who refuses to see what's in front of your face you ARE mentally ill.  This DUmmie obviously has no grasp of reality since he wants everyone to unilaterally disarm, so that only the good guys are unprotected.  If a crazy person starts shooting at one of these dummies, I suppose they'd want everyone to keep their weapons holstered and let the looney blow them away.  Unreal, illogical and utterly devoid of a shred of self-preservation; if that's not the definition of a  :mental: I don't know what is. 
Okay, DUmmies, if I see someone threatening you I'll assume it's fine by you to be a victim.  I do, however, reserve the right to defend myself, my loved ones and innocent bystanders.  Now go back to your ivory white tower.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »
Aren't they passing up the golden opportunity to blame Reagan for all shootings because he released the mentally ill? I mean, they used to use that as another reason to hate him personally.

Oh, that's right. Only various cards, whether it be the race card or the mentally ill card or any others, are only to be played if it benefits the cause of liberalism. If it hurts the cause in any way, then those that use it are to be tarred and feathered.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »
If you are a liberal who refuses to see what's in front of your face you ARE mentally ill.  This DUmmie obviously has no grasp of reality since he wants everyone to unilaterally disarm, so that only the good guys are unprotected.  If a crazy person starts shooting at one of these dummies, I suppose they'd want everyone to keep their weapons holstered and let the looney blow them away.  Unreal, illogical and utterly devoid of a shred of self-preservation; if that's not the definition of a  :mental: I don't know what is. 
Okay, DUmmies, if I see someone threatening you I'll assume it's fine by you to be a victim.  I do, however, reserve the right to defend myself, my loved ones and innocent bystanders.  Now go back to your ivory white tower.

During the shooting in Virginia several years ago, I bet the most frequently asked question was, "Does anyone have a gun?". In a gun free zone, of course.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »
During the shooting in Virginia several years ago, I bet the most frequently asked question was, "Does anyone have a gun?". In a gun free zone, of course.

Just as there are no atheists in foxholes, there are likewise no gun control advocates in a mass shooting incident. :cheersmate:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
Just as there are no atheists in foxholes, there are likewise no gun control advocates in a mass shooting incident. :cheersmate:

thanks for the high five. But my statement remains. "Does anyone have a gun", I'll bet my paycheck on it, wass the number one question.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 08:53:42 PM »
If retards are a threat, then eliminate them before they cause harm.  Very simple.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
If retards are a threat, then eliminate them before they cause harm.  Very simple.

If it saves just one child, after all.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 10:46:53 PM »
If it saves just one child, after all.
That is their benchmark, isn't it?

Abortion doesn't save children yet they are all for it. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 12:32:14 AM »
I don't want to attack the mentally ill, I just want it to be easier to put them in a place where they won't harm themselves or others.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 04:53:13 AM »
thanks for the high five. But my statement remains. "Does anyone have a gun", I'll bet my paycheck on it, wass the number one question.

Based on a circumstance I was involved in once with my in-laws along this line, I would be willing to join you in that bet.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 05:07:01 AM »
Based on a circumstance I was involved in once with my in-laws along this line, I would be willing to join you in that bet.

I noticed your H5/BS count, and the H5 number was 666.. I had to give you one based on that. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 07:27:14 AM »
I maintain that the best way to prevent future mass shootings is to help better educate the public on the possible warning signs that a person may be at risk of planning to commit a violent act, and encourage them to act and do something about it if they see a friend or family member demonstrating those signs. Nine times out of ten, these shooters were noticeably disturbed people who clearly demonstrated those warning signs, their friends and family KNEW they were dangerous, and yet nobody did anything until it was too late.
For a real life example of how this principle can indeed prevent future shootings, some months after the Aurora movie theater shooting, another disturbed man's family began noticing him acting suspiciously, and looked into it a little deeper. They discovered he was planning a similar movie- theater shooting at the midnight premiere of 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2.' So, they acted. They called the cops, told them what they knew, the guy was arrested, a potential mass shooting was prevented, and God knows how many lives were saved.
Why have ideas like this never occurred to the DUmmies?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 07:44:33 AM »
Star Member F4lconF16 (3,260 posts)

Please.

Please.

Please do not attack the mentally ill.
acknowledging that the mentally ill are responsible for another mass shooting is NOT an attack. It is simply a staement of fact. There is no resulting wave of discrimination against the mentally ill. Not one was ever blamed for a mass shooting. Not one was ever beat up because a mass shooting took place.

In short, you're just being paranoid. But then you are mentally ill. So I understand your idiocy.

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 07:54:04 AM »
I maintain that the best way to prevent future mass shootings is to help better educate the public on the possible warning signs that a person may be at risk of planning to commit a violent act, and encourage them to act and do something about it if they see a friend or family member demonstrating those signs. Nine times out of ten, these shooters were noticeably disturbed people who clearly demonstrated those warning signs, their friends and family KNEW they were dangerous, and yet nobody did anything until it was too late.
For a real life example of how this principle can indeed prevent future shootings, some months after the Aurora movie theater shooting, another disturbed man's family began noticing him acting suspiciously, and looked into it a little deeper. They discovered he was planning a similar movie- theater shooting at the midnight premiere of 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2.' So, they acted. They called the cops, told them what they knew, the guy was arrested, a potential mass shooting was prevented, and God knows how many lives were saved.

The DUmmies have wet dreams hoping something like this would happen, and they have open orgasms on national TV when it does. The special snowflakes howl about invasions of privacy when it comes to pro-actively trying to stop someone who is mentally ill. Their end game, their vision, is confiscation. They have no argument to do so if these shootings would actually, you know, stop.

Liberals disgust me.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »
The Mentally Ill aren't responsible as a group for mass shootings? Well, DUHHH-uhhhhhhhhhh! Now apply that rejection of class-based-blame to gun owners as a class, Equine Anus!

And while you're pondering that, ask yourself, if class-based-blame is stupid, how stupid would it be to ignore signs that some individuals in a "class" are dangerous?!

Try thinking beyond your feelings. Try thinking beyond the intent of "solutions" you propose. Try thinking beyond stage 1 and into the consequences of "solutions" you propose, including consequences you do not intend, but which are utterly predictable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 09:09:19 AM »
Back to 'mentally ill', eh ?

I'm guessing a DUmmy has realized that the shooter was not a 'conservative Republican' after all.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 09:15:11 AM »
Back to 'mentally ill', eh ?

I'm guessing a DUmmy has realized that the shooter was not a 'conservative Republican' after all.

You can bet your a*s that if he had been, it'd be the lead story on all networks for the next month.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 09:22:14 AM »
I noticed your H5/BS count, and the H5 number was 666.. I had to give you one based on that. :cheersmate:

Yeah.  I almost had a  grand conjunction of having 666 H5s, 66 Bs, and 6666 posts a couple of days ago. I thought about asking for some Bs, but I didn't want dutch all over my ass.  :-)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »
You can bet your a*s that if he had been, it'd be the lead story on all networks for the next month.

Indeed.

Just considering that the shooter hung out on Reddit was enough to convince me that a conservative Republican he is not. Oh - for those who may not know.. There is this news about him.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/10/new_details_emerge_on_umpqua_c.html#incart_maj-story-1

The article plainly illustrates that the guy has been a total nutbar since birth - and the school he attended indicates he may have been one of those 'beloved absolutely nonviolent "Aspies" ' that the DUmp loves so much.

Sorry to break it to you primitives, but a mental illness doesn't specifically determine if one is violent or not. Some people diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome are perfectly peaceful, yet socially awkward people. Others are a radioactive lab accident away from transforming into supervillians.

Anyway.. I'm sure we aren't going to hear much more about this now, outside of a push for more gun control - now that the 'conservative Republican' thing is pretty much dead & buried.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »
The Albany Times Union has an article today where New York's own 'Wannabe Tyrant,' Andrew Cuomo, says that Congressional Democrats should 'shut the Federal government down' unless 'meaningful gun control' is enacted.

Memo to Dandy Andy--the SCOTUS specifically affirmed the right of citizens to bear arms in their own defense, by beating Washington DC and Chicago in lawsuits.  They'd shoot down any attempt to impose the type of 'meaningful gun control' that leads to gun confiscation, which would lead to something called 'civil war.'  The anti-gun side would lose, and it would not be pretty.  Let's just say that the Tree of Liberty would be watered . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 11:30:35 AM »

One sign of mental illness is voting democrat. I think that eliminating democrat voters from owning guns would bring mass shootings down to zero. Also in fascist-democrat controlled cities the count could go down except the diversity squad doesn't get their guns legally.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »

Just saying....

A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.