Author Topic: Omaha Steve's pals looking for the big guy, not finding him  (Read 2016 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Omaha Steve's pals looking for the big guy, not finding him
« on: December 20, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/has-anyone-seen-omaha-steve-yet/

Oh my.

N2Doc  December 20, 2018 at 10:50 AM 

Has anyone seen Omaha Steve Yet?

Hope he migrates* over here soon!

*"migrates" because Omaha Steve's site recently changed its format, and the old input couldn't be transferred.

FloridaProg

Is he still alive?

He’s been saying he’s at deaths door for a several years now.

Just haven’t seen him in a while and wondering.

NV Wino

I saw him posting at “the other” site recently.

Hmmm.  I wonder if he's ditching the fans of the hoary old white-haired sourassed sourpuss crank from Vermont and his thieving wife, and going back to where he belongs, on Skins's island.

It'd be an act of calloused ingratitude, though, if he did that, considering that the jackpiners gave him his own special forum, and even named it for him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Omaha Steve's pals looking for the big guy, not finding him
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 03:53:19 PM »
Quote from:
FloridaProg

Understatement of the year(s).

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 06:37:28 AM »
If you're at death's door and death isn't answering it's time to go sell your wares elsewhere.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »
FloridaProg

Is he still alive?

What a not so subtle slam on OS.  :lmao:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 10:35:26 AM »
If you're at death's door and death isn't answering it's time to go sell your wares elsewhere.

Does one suppose the big guy's flown the coop, back to Skins's island?

The big guy was obviously unhappy among the jackpiners, the way he had his own forum--and one named for him--but was always so balky and sullen about having to put anything into it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »
it's not as prominent as the jackass one, but the fat slob does have a forum named after him again at the DUmp:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1117&page=1

he posted there Tuesday.

::)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 02:20:34 PM »
Looks like he's been posting there regularly for quite a few months, if not all along. It focuses on union thuggery (my choice of words).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 02:51:26 PM »
…..he posted there Tuesday.

Thanks; it's been a while since I'd seen him.

That was back when right after he returned to the internet after a three-day absence; he and poor dear Marta had had a knock-out, drag-out fight, because while the big guy's retired and lolls around on the couch all day playing games on the computer and manipulating a television remote-control, she still puts in some long and hard hours working, only to come home and find cooking supper, washing the dishes, laundering the clothes, vacuuming the carpets, changing the bed linen, taking out the trash, washing and waxing the car, mowing the  lawn, left for her to do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 02:57:30 PM »
Well, sigh me a relief.  He made it back.  Whew (wipes brown).

The Wizard of OS

I had a terrible time logging in

Just now got logged in. Captcha, lost password, etc.

Finally here but need to learn the system. With my dementia learning ain’t easy. I’m trying.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 07:13:19 AM »
All sorts of problems abounding with Omaha Steve's pals.

From the same link as at the start of this thread:

The Wizard of OS

I’m not doing something right. Headed out and will try again tonight.

N2Doc

Take a look at my workaround

https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/now-unable-to-post-in-gd/

So.....one goes to that link.

N2Doc

Possible workaround

First, make sure you have the whole 2-row toolbar above the text entry box. To do so click the icon next to the smiley face.

Second, select the text you want to post from the site (say, offGuardian). Before pasting, click the icon that looks like a T on a suitcase in the lower row on the toolbar, to paste as text. Then paste.

Third, Select the text you just pasted and click on the toolbox icon that looks like parentheses. The whole text block should be indented

Fourth, if you want to link to the article type something (like LINK here), and select the text, click on the icon that looks like a chain, enter the url for the site in the box and click the apply arrow.

That should do it. Sounds complicated but really isn’t after a couple of times.

Note posting replies with no text doesn’t work. have to put something, even a period, in the main text box

Man, Manny didn't do Omaha Steve's pals any favors when he handed over the message board to these amateurs who decided to change the format of the site; they're worse even than the two chicks who originally founded the place, but couldn't get it going until Manny, a guy, came on board to take charge.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
I do not wish the JPR board cyber-harm, but a discussion board needs Admin(s) who are:

* Active;

* Have great cyber-chops.

RO had an absentee owner/Admin, and 3 month shut-down due to a hack attack and the owner having too much life illustrates the former. FWIW, I haven't logged on to RO in some 14 months. After 3 months of developing other habits and giving it 6 months' trial (new, very different board SW) I saw no compelling reason to become active there again.

It sounds like DI is currently suffering from the latter, Admins with inadequate cyber-chops to make a clean migration and help members like OS. If there are enough like OS it could hurt the board by frustrating some people into moving on. And then there's their history that didn't/couldn't get migrated over ...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:25:54 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 09:57:19 AM »
Where's the mini-taco joint in Bellevue? Occam's Razor, folks.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 11:45:52 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That made me LOL!!!!  H5!

Let me see... how long as he been dying now?  Seems to me like at least 4 or 5 years now. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »
it's not as prominent as the jackass one, but the fat slob does have a forum named after him again at the DUmp:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1117&page=1

he posted there Tuesday.

I went there and read the forum page.  Seems like he not as well read as he would like.  The first 20 or so posts have a grand total of like 6 views.... and of those 6 views I would imagine that half were his own.

I seem to recall he has always had that problem. When one is so boring that one gets ignored on skins little island I would have to wonder why he doesn't just go ahead and off himself.   
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »
Where's the mini-taco joint in Bellevue? Occam's Razor, folks.

I'm not sure that place is still around but I will check and see. Some of us got together here from the boards not long after OS run for office and it wasn't much of a bar and since then Old Towne Bellevue has been losing business to the west side of town.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
This caught my eye,
In a Twitter post, OPM said idled workers should contact personal attorneys if they needed advice on dealing with creditors.

If If missing 1 paycheck is causing problems with your creditors, you really can't afford a personal attorney. :loser: :loser: :loser: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!