Author Topic: Jim Traficant: 'I'm going to run'  (Read 6037 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Jim Traficant: 'I'm going to run'
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
I don't know if this belongs here or in Politics, and it is five days old, but . . . I just had to post this.

Jim Traficant: 'I'm going to run'

By ANDY BARR | 12/30/09 2:54 PM EST

Former Rep. Jim Traficant (D-Ohio) says he is “going to run” for Congress once again in 2010.

The colorful former congressman from Youngstown was released from federal prison in September after serving a 7-year stint on corruption charges.

Traficant made the announcement in front of roughly 30 members of the Youngstown Biz Society during a speech to the group in a local restaurant, according to the Business Journal Daily. 

The former congressman did not say whether he would run for his old seat — currently occupied by Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan, a former aide to Traficant — saying only, “I’m going to run for Congress somewhere.”

Traficant also said he has committed to speaking at a February event in Washington sponsored by the American Free Press, though he is not sure if the terms of his parole will allow him to travel.

Ahhh . . . ya gotta love it!

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/31066.html#ixzz0bZZ07QT8

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Jim Traficant: 'I'm going to run'
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
Are there no rules in place to keep him from running?  A convicted felon that was removed from office for corruption, and he's free to do it again?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »
And have the Rs had the sense yet to send him a clear and direct, "Please don't!?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »
Are there no rules in place to keep him from running?  A convicted felon that was removed from office for corruption, and he's free to do it again?

Hell, if I recall correctly, the DimRats have a former judge who was impeached from his bench for various and sundried counts of corruption, and he either is or was serving as a Congress-shit.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 12:00:01 PM »
Hell, if I recall correctly, the DimRats have a former judge who was impeached from his bench for various and sundried counts of corruption, and he either is or was serving as a Congress-shit.
Yeah... Alcee Hastings. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 12:31:48 PM »
As long as he doesn't try to run as a Republican, he should be a bigger thorn in the Democrats'/liberals' side than in ours.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
As long as he doesn't try to run as a Republican, he should be a bigger thorn in the Democrats'/liberals' side than in ours.

Yup! :fuelfire:

And, yes--Alcee Hastings was impeached for taking bribes on the Federal bench.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »
If ya don't scream ya can laugh. ROTFLMAO... :rotf:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »
I wonder if he'll be bringing his toupees with him.

Offline Ladywinter

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
I wonder if he'll be bringing his toupees with him.

:lmao:  Yep, the toupee contest is over - he wins...
Exit Strategy...

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
:lmao:  Yep, the toupee contest is over - he wins...

Actually, I think that Traficant was having a toupee "death match" on his head.  Not sure which rug won. :uhsure:

Chase her.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 04:14:25 PM »
That was a toupee??? I thought it was a fungus growing out of his brain.   :lmao:

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »
That was a toupee??? I thought it was a fungus growing out of his brain.   :lmao:

I assumed it was a hibernating marsupial.

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 05:57:25 PM »

I laughed for about 5 minutes straight when i saw that! Thanks!
+1 if i could.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »

CM, that could show up on a campaign poster . . .

Chase her.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »
Perhaps WE, the PEOPLE need to visit this travesty and demand some qualifications. Why should our Congress have lower standards than our military or most any other employer ??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »
Perhaps WE, the PEOPLE need to visit this travesty and demand some qualifications. Why should our Congress have lower standards than our military or most any other employer ??

Being convicted of a felony for fraud, theft, etc should also disqualify them for a government pension. Crooked B@stards should not be living on the taxpayer's dime.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:35:12 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 07:38:22 PM »
Being convicted of a felony for fraud, theft, etc should also disqualify them for a government pension. Crooked B@stards should not be living on the taxpayer's dime.

I concur. As a retired military member, IF I were to get convicted of a felony, I could lose ALL of my benefits. Not only pay, but medical, too.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SOFTBALL#4GRAMA

• Just Off Probation
  • The Tribe
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »

Being from the great state of Ohio, I have to say, I have never seen him look better than with this particular toupee....I have laughed so hard my sides hurt....He is about a nincompoop....And I hope he runs, cause like someone else said, that is just another thorn in the Dumbocrats side....And they need all they can get....He is a travesty, and always has been a laughing stock....
"Liberals are like slinkies.They're really good for nothing, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:48 AM »
Why not?  He's no more corrupt than any of the other Dems in Congress--he just got caught is all.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Daisy

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
Is it nibbling into or out of his brain...?   :rotf:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »
Wel they do have such a stellar list of former and current members it no surprise that  the Democratic Party is taking on another crook to get into office.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Daisy

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 05:16:24 PM »
Wel they do have such a stellar list of former and current members it no surprise that  the Democratic Party is taking on another crook to get into office.
Crooks and liars all. Hope they ain't gettin away with it.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
Crooks and liars all. Hope they ain't gettin away with it.

What is pathetic is that they think that they have done nothing wrong. Listening to this turkey, Clinton (both of them), cold cash Jefferson, Hastings, Frank, Dodd, etc someone from outer space would think they were as pure as white driven snow.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 10:23:03 AM »

I have no idea who PhotoShopped that -- but Well Done !