Author Topic: The Economy  (Read 354 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
The Economy
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:21:56 PM »
Fire Walk With Me  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Feb-05-10 06:28 PM
Original message
The Economy

Always an interesting question.

Some here have said that Obama came in with the soul mission to keep things together during the transferrence into 2012 energy, and that he is definitely doing so. The Maharishi wrote a paper titled something like "India to again be the world's power", and Paramhansa Yogananda wrote something to the effect that the East and the West have in the last century traded roles (spiritual/industrial).

I am definitely in agreement that Obama has already saved us from perhaps total economic collapse, which would have effected the world gravely, and given the republicans and their worldwide money buddies entry into even greater power. He has worked miracles already.

But what of that to come? I don't think that America will return to such a wasteful, selfish "economy" anytime soon, and that spirituality will indeed increase in the country as a result/part of the plan/national karma.

I predicted the economy going the direction it has gone (and also that gold was/is a good investment) back in May of 2008 at, hilariously, the-gas-station.com.

LINK?

"...the desired result of the process we are undergoing is consciousness regarding taking care of each other."

I believe this to still be the case. My question to the forum is, will this occur because of continuing economic trouble, or as the logical response? Your thoughts on the future of the USA and its economy please...
FirstLight  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Sun Feb-07-10 06:56 PM
Response to Original message
2. did you see the scary graph on economic downturns...?

Edited on Sun Feb-07-10 06:57 PM by FirstLight
I can't remember where I saw it but it showed the length and depth of the downturns over the past century and the trends are not good. The last 3 downturns from 1990 to now have been longer and dipped lower each time...

So I don't think we are doing very well.

besdies, the wealth distriution is off the hook and the middle class is all but vanishing. So there is not much chance for recovery when he serfs can't particpate in consumerism. I think Capitalism has finally eaten itself.

...and the peak oil and natural disaster issues I brought up in the other thread are going to be issues we have to live with and will hit us before any REAL recovery happens.

Ya, Obama bought us some time and some semblance of normalcy for a while longer, but I don't think for one minute we will go back to the way we were, nor will we see a full recovery before the rest of the shit hits the fan. but thats just my apocalyptic viewpoint, sorry..
Fire Walk With Me  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Feb-08-10 04:43 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Enron, BushCo and all of them know about peak oil, and have been preparing.

They know about global warming, and have been preparing.

It is very important to be aware of their movements as they stand a chance of bringing things down severely as they attempt to grab tons of power and control during the downshifts. If they are allowed to establish themselves as a Hydraulic Empire, and to control other forms of energy, it will indeed be The Company Store, 2012 energy or not.

Be aware and scream like **** if you see it looming. They'll definitely try to grab power, it's what they do, and they're well aware of the crisis we all face. Remember, they're disaster capitalists, and disaster is when they most clearly capitalize.

Know thine enemy, that their actions may be most obvious, and thus, actionable.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=245x110724#110797

Not just the BFEE, but the BFEHE   :-)

Offline Specbid

Re: The Economy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:06 PM »
Fire Walk With Me  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Feb-08-10 04:43 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Enron, BushCo and all of them know about peak oil, and have been preparing.

They know about global warming, and have been preparing...

Be aware and scream like **** if you see it looming.
:ohnoes:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »
This is from the DUmp's astrology and alternative medicine forum, which is the only place that's as loony as the September 11 forum.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »
I'm going to don my tinfoil hat for a moment.  :tinfoil2:  What if this fustercluck of a congress is intentional?  By going so far left, they knew there would be a revolt from the center and right, which would cause many bluedog dems to lose this year.   Then we are left with only a slight dem majority, maybe.  Either way, little or nothing gets done during the rest of Lord Zero's first term.

That gives the dems and Lord Zero a campaign strategy for 2012, to get an even greater super majority and Lord Zero's 2nd term.  Okay, maybe that is giving them too much credit.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:41:50 PM »
"Soul Mission" ?

Sounds like the title of a 70's Blacksploitation film about a hit-man who goes undercover as a priest.  Stupid Racist prtimitive..  :-)