Author Topic: Mrs. Alfred Packer speaks on the death of an adversary  (Read 720 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Mrs. Alfred Packer speaks on the death of an adversary
« on: December 29, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7344914

Oh my.

Okay, so it starts off thusly:

sandnsea  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-28-09 09:32 PM
Original message

Tahiti Nut

Having just heard of the loss of Tangerine LaBamba, I'm reminded that I haven't seen Tahiti Nut in a while. Some folks were asking about him a few weeks ago. Did he ever check in, or did we ever find anything out?

Never mind the nutty Tahitian primitive; he shows up later to assure the other primitives he's still around.

NYC_SKP  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-28-09 09:35 PM
Response to Original message

1. Edited. Tangerine apparently TSed, and later actually passed away. 

Edited upon reading another thread about her passing.

Prior Subject Line: "To clarify for any who aren't sure, Tangerine LaBamba did not die, she was TSed."

I didn't know, but I had a bit of a shock reading about "the loss", so checked into it.

sandnsea  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-28-09 09:37 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. The poster said she got a phone call

The phone call was about a tombstone??

And why in the world would Tangerine LaBamba get TSd anyway?

NYC_SKP  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-28-09 09:41 PM
Response to Reply #2

7. I don't know about alive or dead, but is TSed for certain.

There is a thread or two about her dismissal, won't like but used the Google function, upper right of page, and checked out a Dec 15th thread.

Might be actually dead, too?

Hissyspit  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-28-09 09:54 PM
Response to Reply #2

12. I second that. Why in the world would Tangerine LaBamba get tombstoned? 

I saw nothing offensive in my search of the past year.

pengillian101  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-29-09 01:12 AM
Response to Reply #2

16. Weird for certain.

How many DU posters are close enough to get a phone call when another DU internet poster passes I wonder.

She just was trashing Du'ers at a sock puppet site not a week ago. Conservative Cave has many folks who troll DU it seems.

pengillian101  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-29-09 03:05 AM
Response to Reply #2

18. Who's to say. She got around at sock puppet places that mocked DU and fooled them also.

Do you think she really died? I wonder. She was just posting at a sock puppet haven just 10 days ago trashing you and me.

The Conservative Cave© - A Conservative Political Forum

Title: Re: Official ballot for Top Primitive of 2009

Post by: T LaBamba on December 16, 2009, 07:39:39 pm

This is to GoBucks, who called me some nasty names, but who claimed that my only worthwhile contribution had been my little pas de deux with greenbriar.

Well, hell's bells, man, you weren't paying attention. I nailed Texas Observer, who liked to pretend he was a lawyer. I faced down and vanquished any number of trolls who just didn't have it to go one-on-one with me - any exchange that ends with "I'm putting you on Ignore, so there!" is just another victory for me.

I blew the fuses of people like pengillian and kestrel and hippywife, who were all pushed out of shape when a woman showed up at DU Cooking and Baking forum, telling us that she'd just undergone several months of cancer treatment - chemotherapy and radiation - and now, having been told that a vegetarian diet was the most appropriate for cancer patients, she was wondering is people at C&B had an suggestions or recommendations.

The bitch pengillian landed on her first, claiming that she didn't want to see any "anti-meat-eating" arguments get started so why didn't that woman just take her question somewhere else.

Then Kestrel joined in with the same sort of crap.

Hippywife chimed in with the idea that she, the cancer patient, had to eat organic - everything organic. I chimed in with the observation that not everyone had physical proximity to stores or coops or farms that sold organic goods; nor could everyone afford it, that some people lived on food stamps, and that wasn't any kind of money that could allow people to live on organic food.

Hippywife went ******* nuts. Out of her mind. Because I had used the phrase - trite as it is - "not everyone has the luxury of being able to afford organic foods," the woman posted about half a dozen photographs of her home to show me that "I don't live in the lap of luxury," which wasn't at all what I had written. She also wrote long descriptions of each photograph, each more uninteresting than the other.

That was when I started getting PMs that Hippywife (who misspelled "hippie" and just labeled herself as a woman with a large pelvis and, perhaps, trouble getting through doorways) was a woman who had previously written about her bi-polar problems, her unfortunate family history, and how badly she behaved when she ran out of money to buy her medication.

But she pointed out to me that there were organic meat places that took food stamps - yeah, with beef at $14/lb. I pointed out to her that that wasn't realistic thinking, and she went insane on me.

Disappeared for a while. Had the mods take down the whole photo and commentary extravaganza. It was nice without her. We had fun. Then she returned, and my pal, Shakepeare, a very nice broad, said "**** this," and quit DU. I missed her. She was very smart.

I did other good things at DU, pissing off all kinds of people - angry
"feminists" who were nothing more than man-haters disguised as political liberals - god, were they an awful bunch!! When I pointed out that I'd become a lawyer back in the days when female law students were called by professors (who didn't want us there) "Lawyerettes" every time we had to stand and recite the facts of a case, they didn't care. They only cared that men were monsters intent on keeping women down.

They threw me out of their "Feminists" group at DU. I'm rather proud of that.

Oh, I was fired from my first lawyer job - working for the Federal government - something they used to say couldn't be done. Oh, yeah? Well, I did it.

So, there, Mr. GoBucks, there are some of my DU (and Federal) achievements I've thrown in just to show you that I didn't spend a lot of time at DU making friends.

You may have your low opinion of me without knowing anything about me, but I do take exception at being called a liar. You did that without any evidence, and that's just unfair. It's how newbies were immediately branded trolls and freepers and spies as soon as they posted at DU - it's just not right.

If you can find lies in any of my posts, I'd like to see them. You won't, but I do hope you can refrain from calling me any more nasty names. We won't get anywhere doing that to each other.

I'd like to bring back some civility into political discussion, even with passion involved, like the old days. I'm old enough to remember when Eisenhower - oh, hell, Truman - was President. My first awareness of the news was hearing my parents talking about Truman firing MacArthur.

Years later, I found myself working for a former Truman advisor who had been in the Oval Office when Truman put MacArthur in his place. Tal about history coming full circle inside my head!

So, while I hope to hell I made life miserable for greenbriar - I hope life is always miserable for greenbriar - there were others, and I think even you would have applauded me................

Wow.  I had forgotten all about that, when I wrote about Christmas at Grandma's, that Mrs. Alfred Packer has trouble getting through doorways.  That would've been a nice little touch, to Christmas at Grandma's.

sandnsea  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-29-09 03:14 AM
Response to Reply #18

19. Well she fooled me

Nasty stuff there. People sure are peculiar. Why would one waste their time that way.

Mrs. Alfred Packer, once known as Grandma:

hippywife  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-29-09 07:13 AM
Response to Reply #18

24. You know, I never like to say anything bad of the dead but I wouldn't believe a thing she said about anyone after reading this post.

The one and only conflict I ever had with her was in this thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

I did send a PM to the author of this thread apologizing for sounding like I was deriding him, when that was not my intention at all. I never received a reply.

And as far as being bi-polar? Not sure where THAT's coming from except her imagination. 

She thinks I left the Cooking and Baking Group but I merely put her on ignore, odd a woman as smart as she couldn't figure that out.

And for anyone wondering, while I'm not what one would call svelte LOL, I know how to spell hippie. It's a personal joke that stems back many, many years between my husband and I.

So, while I do not wish to speak ill of the dead, beware people like this. Apparently, not only can they deceive about who THEY are, but who YOU are, too.

Edited to add: Regarding what she said of my friend, Lucinda, the cancer patient who was supposed to be on a vegetarian diet: Lucinda was in remission and was not instructed by her physician to only eat vegetarian. She cooked and enjoyed meat, and said she felt better eating it. From our first contact, she became a dear friend. We shared many laughs and PM's with pics. She was embarressed to share her pic publicly, but I can tell you she was a doll. She was a shining light in C&B. One day she just disappeared. No one has seen her or heard from her. I fear she has left this world and wish we had also share IRL contact information. I fear that, unlike our dear Longhorn, she didn't have IRL friends who could come to DU and let us know what is/was happening, and I've no way to find out. I do miss her dearly.

Now, Mrs. Alfred Packer's having a memory lapse here.

Actually, the first thing that attracted franksolich's notice to Gloria Swanson was when Gloria Swanson suggested using cheese food in something.  Mrs. Alfred Packer, at the time Grandma, got really hostile about cheese food, and yelled at Gloria Swanson.

And then Gloria Swanson, being gracious, backed down, saying well, it had been 45 years since she last purchased cheese food (rather than real cheese), but Mrs. Alfred Packer, at the time Grandma, just wouldn't let go.

This was when I got my first clue that Gloria Swanson was not exactly a young woman, given that she purchased cheese food 45 years before, and was an adult at the time.

kestrel91316  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-29-09 06:50 PM
Response to Reply #18

33. I knew I had her pegged correctly as a total B----. Now I am laughing at how she is gloating over how she got so nasty with me and others over in C&B.

I don't think she's actually dead from the sounds of this. So for TLB/OLL when she comes here to read all about herself and laugh I say this: GFY.

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-29-09 07:09 PM
STILL IN CONTENTION FOR TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Response to Reply #33

34. a real piece of work huh

and the glorifying I am seeing makes me laugh

If she is dead, I am sorry for her family but that is all I will say

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-28-09 09:38 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. So they're not dead but just tombstoned?

Are you sure?

seabeyond  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-28-09 09:38 PM
Response to Reply #1

4. the post said passed away.

JI7  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-28-09 09:40 PM
Response to Reply #1

5. she was tombstoned, but she really did pass away also

pengillian101  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-29-09 02:49 AM
Response to Reply #1

17. Prior Subject Line: "To clarify for any who aren't sure, Tangerine LaBamba did not die, she was TSed

Sorry, but that didn't clarify anything to me. Adds to the controversy is all.

She was posting crap about DU folks at an anti-DU site just a week or so ago. Conservative Cave had her posts about some of us here at DU. She was a sock puppet, it seems.

Perhaps this is just a DU parting and she will return under a different name. Who knows.

She certainly was a colorful character, though, eh?

After which the nutty Tahitian primitive shows up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: Mrs. Alfred Packer speaks on the death of an adversary
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
I'm confused.  I tend yo believe madmax that T la B has passed away, but her haters seem to discount it. Guilty feelings, from a DUmmie?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
I'm confused.  I tend yo believe madmax that T la B has passed away, but her haters seem to discount it. Guilty feelings, from a DUmmie?

Probably.  I've been expecting it, and only just now found it.

Primitives have a tendency to confuse reality with fantasy.

I'm sure there's going to be an on-line obituary of Gloria Swanson sooner or later; if anyone has better google skills than I do, Gloria Swanson lived in northern Virginia.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:12:19 PM »
Using some info gleaned from DU, I actually found her address today...turns out she lived about 6 miles from me.

I've looked for an obit in the Post on-line, haven't found one yet. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:11 PM »
Not like I want her dead or anything, but she did proclaim she had friends over there, and those same friends seem to be pretty broken up about her passing, Sparky, and Madmax.  Now, a regular dummie might make something like this up, but I don't believe that TLB was a normal dummie.  Just my 2 cents.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 09:24:22 PM »
Using some info gleaned from DU, I actually found her address today...turns out she lived about 6 miles from me.

I've looked for an obit in the Post on-line, haven't found one yet. 

Her IP address puts her in central MD.  I have the name of the city, but I'm not willing to post it publicly.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »
Her IP address puts her in central MD.  I have the name of the city, but I'm not willing to post it publicly.

Based on a post she made one time about living near a particular Metro station, I'm pretty confident she lived in NOVA, and that jibes with WHOIS info that comes up from her website.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 10:18:24 PM »
The DUmp is a sting, wrapped in a hoax, inside a scam.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 10:22:25 PM »
Based on a post she made one time about living near a particular Metro station, I'm pretty confident she lived in NOVA, and that jibes with WHOIS info that comes up from her website.

Don't 95% of whois querys point to NoVA, being where INTERNIC is located?