Author Topic: OffWithTheirHeads strikes again  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Karin

OffWithTheirHeads strikes again
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:11:14 PM »
Remember the effeminite weeping fake construction worker who was cooking a goose, and a bum supposedly came knocking on his door?  He has more drama, which I've edited for sheer volume:
Link

OffWithTheirHeads  (1000+ posts)        Sun Dec-27-09 12:07 AM
Original message
My God! How do people eat that shit?
 Advertisements [?]
Blah blah... for the first time on DU, I just need to rant.

The back story;

We were having most of the local family over for Christmas Eve dinner. I had been planning this since Turkey day and had spent pretty much the five days before X-mas eve in the kitchen baking Stollen and Cinnamon Raisin bread for gifts for everybody, Baking Baguettes and Rosemary Potato bread for the hors deovers and rolls, prepping the Goose, making reductions, the whole nine yards.

*Hysterical female rushing about the kitchen blah blah blah*......
 Two hours before the dinner is to be put on the table, the kitchen sink stops up. O.K. I say to myself. Take a deep breath. Not the end of the world. Just go to the truck and get a pipe wrench, remove the P-trap, clean it out and proceed. Ha, Ha, Ha! The little baby Jesus was not smiling on me. ... virtually the entire under the sink, waste line was completely rotted out.

Well, there was no way I was going to be able to fix this AND finish the dinner so I pretty much ended up using every utensil in the house to finish the dinner. I couldn't even rinse anything out so I had to use pretty much everything I had.

The dinner turned out great and there was enough two buck Chuck available to make everyone happy but, after everyone finally left, I had dirty dishes stacked all over the kitchen and the dining room table. Of course, the next day was X-mas so the hardware stores were closed so I couldn't fix the sink and the kitchen looked like someone had thrown a hand grenade in it. Essentially unusable.

X-mas day I figured that surely I could at least find a Chinese take-out place open to get some dinner but after driving around for about 1/2 hour looking for anything, I finally gave up. I found the last remaining, unused mixing bowl in the house and made some canned soup in the Microwave. That was the meal for the day.

Today, I headed out to OSH for sink parts at about 10:00A.M. *Expendable paragraph deleted*

Anyway, at this point I'm starving. The wife says she would take me out to breakfast BUT, she's having lunch with the girls and why don't I just go to Mc Donald's because you can get a lot of calories fast and cheap.

I don't do fast food. I've been out of work since July and both of us love to cook. We have been watching our pennies and cooking at home for quite some time now. Even when I'm working and making good money, I make my own lunches and I can't remember the last time I ate at Mc Donald's. Today, however, after finishing the under sink repairs (four hours later and only taking three trips to Orchard)and after putting the first of five loads in the dishwasher, I'm really hungry so I drive down to the local Mickey D and order a 1/4 pounder with cheese, a fillet of fish sandwich and medium fry's.

I figure this will be inexpensive. Like $5.00 or so. Au contrere! $8.70 something! Almost ten bucks for the most tasteless combination of fat and crap I can remember having! This shit was so bad that, as hungry as I was (remember, all I've had to eat in two days is a bowl of canned Mushroom soup) I ended up throwing about half of it away!

How do people eat this shit?

Don't tell me that this is all poor people can afford! At $10.00 for lunch, I want a table cloth! Hell, I could walk into Safeway, in the same shopping center and, on the day after X-mas, get a 12 pound Turkey for less than that garbage at Micky D cost. Yeah, it's not organic, free-range but I could easily get a weeks worth of meals from it.

Sorry, I just had to go off.

And for what it's worth, the third load of dishes is in the dishwasher and by about noon tomorrow my kitchen will be back to normal. Thank God this was something I could fix myself cause there is no way we could afford a plumber right now.

Oh, and the best lesson from all of this it's that I had come to take my cooking for granted. I came to assume that everybody cooked the way I do. All I can say is that if people consider this fast food crud to be tasty, there must be some tire company out there willing to put a star in my kitchen.

You idiot, they post the prices right on the menu.  Can't you do the math a second-grader could do?  And I'm not buying that all you had on Christmas Day was a can of mushroom soup, all day long.  If it's true, then it's your own damn fault.  I just hope you don't have kids. 

Most responses are cluck-clucking about indeed how awful fast food places are, and their own cooking is so fabulous.   Hippywife chimed in to say that she is the only one who cooks in her household. 

Offline Specbid

Re: OffWithTheirHeads strikes again
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
Don't tell me that this is all poor people can afford! At $10.00 for lunch, I want a table cloth! Hell, I could walk into Safeway, in the same shopping center and, on the day after X-mas, get a 12 pound Turkey for less than that garbage at Micky D cost. Yeah, it's not organic, free-range but I could easily get a weeks worth of meals from it.

He's right about this though. Whenever I see news stories of overweight poor people complaining about their weight and the contents of McD's food, well, it infuriates me. I can feed my little family of three for under 15 bucks a day. Easy.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
Interesting house that only has one sink.

If for some reason my kitchen sink was out of order and I couldn't immediately fix it I would use one of the others.  They really do get their water from the same source.  Yes, you can drink the water from the bathroom sink or even the tap outside the house.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 02:27:05 PM »
First off, McD's has a Dollar Menu. I love the McChicken btw.

Second off, his house doesn't have a bathroom sink? He really can't wash a spoon or a plate in the bathroom sink?

Pathetic.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 03:08:54 PM »

Second off, his house doesn't have a bathroom sink? He really can't wash a spoon or a plate in the bathroom sink?

Pathetic.
Third, inflation sucks, doesn't it? Well guess what. You're going to be seeing a lot more of it in the near future, thanks to president Spendimus Prime and his minions in Congress.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »
Three people did say "I would have done the dishes in the tub/shower/bathroom sink."   This elicited no response from OFTH, as he was probably going  :thatsright: and feeling quite foolish. 

Everybody over there continuing to pat themselves on the back for their wholesome and healthy home cooking.  Even while working fulltime and volunteering and community organizing and stuff. 

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »

Pathetic.

Or a laundry tub , a bath tub or a shower or a bucket of water and some soap or anything?

These are the sort of people that die in a 3 day electricity outage.

I use my laundry tub more than the kitchen sink for cookware because it's big enough to soak large pots and pans in.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 03:39:07 PM »
I guess none of them have camped. When the shit hits the fan, the DUmmys will be the first to die.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »
Um.. a quarter pounder is pretty much a meal on its own, DUmbass.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »

If for some reason my kitchen sink was out of order and I couldn't immediately fix it I would use one of the others.  They really do get their water from the same source.  Yes, you can drink the water from the bathroom sink or even the tap outside the house.

You're forgetting the mindset of the primitives, sir.

I first noticed this with the cooking and baking primitives.

Primitives can't grasp the concept that something can have more than one use.

The typical cooking and baking primitive, for example, has one 2-quart pot for boiling peas, another 2-quart pot for boiling corn, a third 2-quart pot for boiling rice, a fourth 2-quart pot for boiling beans, a fifth 2-quart pot for boiling eggs, a sixth 2-quart pot for boiling potatoes, a seventh 2-quart pot for boiling gravy, and so on.

It just doesn't occur to the primitives that a pot can have more than one use.

And this would be even a further stretch, a primitive figuring out that he can wash the dishes in any place other than the kitchen sink.

Imagination and adaptation are too far beyond the primitive mind to grasp.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »
This one needs to learn how to multi task :fuelfire:
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
Yes, Crock, what he ordered there was $8.70 of a little over 2,000 calories.  

As for camping, he's much, much too delicate for camping.  How would you bake the scones and those darling teacakes for breakfast?   And what if there's a spider?  

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 05:04:16 PM »
Two hours before the dinner is to be put on the table, the kitchen sink stops up.

And for what it's worth, the third load of dishes is in the dishwasher and by about noon tomorrow my kitchen will be back to normal.

Do dishwashers go to the kitchen sink drain?  The few that I've seen had their own drain lines.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
Do dishwashers go to the kitchen sink drain?  The few that I've seen had their own drain lines.

Some dishwashers do drain using the kitchen sink drain, especially in houses not built for dishwashing machines or built on the cheap. I have seen a bathroom where the tub drain is just let go underneath the house. Not pretty.

Offline terry

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 05:45:41 PM »
Three people did say "I would have done the dishes in the tub/shower/bathroom sink."   This elicited no response from OFTH, as he was probably going  :thatsright: and feeling quite foolish. 

Everybody over there continuing to pat themselves on the back for their wholesome and healthy home cooking.  Even while working fulltime and volunteering and community organizing and stuff. 

or ... the entire sink story is a piece of fiction concocted for the sole purpose of explaining his presence in the evil McDonald's just like "I never watch Fox but I saw.. " or "I never shop at Walmart but I really needed some emergency socks"

It's hard to believe anyone would be so stupid as to forget they have more than one sink in the house when they really need a sink, but they might forget they have more than one sink in the house if they are sitting at their computer telling a tale.   

Lying.. always lying.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »
In the last two apartments I've rented, the sinks and dishwasher share the same drain.  I've had a clogged sink back up into the dishwasher and vice versa.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 06:02:46 PM »
In the last two apartments I've rented, the sinks and dishwasher share the same drain.  I've had a clogged sink back up into the dishwasher and vice versa.

Yeah I've got that problem in the kitchen in my house here on post.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline longview

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 06:10:35 PM »
This idjit would rather live in filth over Christmas than put a little effort into cleaning up after himself.  From what I've learned about DUmpmonkeys I can't say I'm surprised. 

At least I will never run into him in the places I work and play.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 06:31:42 AM »
Um.. a quarter pounder is pretty much a meal on its own, DUmbass.

Which is why, when he claimed to be 5'11" and 235, it wasn't the NFL running back kind of 235, but more the 42" waist can't get his fat ass off the couch kind--IOW, NOT a construction worker who would last long on any SERIOUS jobsite.

I did a quick lookup...just those three items he mentioned...1270 calories, 570 of that from fat (63 grams, 18 of that saturated fat)...again, nearly enough calories in one "meal" for an entire day, and MORE than the RDA of fat and saturated fat, not to mention sodium.  Guy's heart is about to explode.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 04:17:33 PM »
Which is why, when he claimed to be 5'11" and 235, it wasn't the NFL running back kind of 235, but more the 42" waist can't get his fat ass off the couch kind--IOW, NOT a construction worker who would last long on any SERIOUS jobsite.

I did a quick lookup...just those three items he mentioned...1270 calories, 570 of that from fat (63 grams, 18 of that saturated fat)...again, nearly enough calories in one "meal" for an entire day, and MORE than the RDA of fat and saturated fat, not to mention sodium.  Guy's heart is about to explode.

Most people I know that brag about their cooking prowess tend to be obese. Always munching while they cook and everything they prepare is high calorie sweets and starch. This guy says he's been out of work since July! That right there tells you he must not be much of a worker. Highly skilled construction bums are always in demand! It's the worthless morons that get laid off!

ETA:
I was pretty much management for 20 years. We would even take a loss in order to keep good crews working. It's too difficult to find good help when you need it later down the road.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:20:29 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »

And not even a bucket to put under the missing trap.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »
And not even a bucket to put under the missing trap.

I'm sure that never occurred to the DUmbass! After all, he did vote for the O'Bumbler! To me that speaks volumes of one's intelligence!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 11:48:04 PM »
Or a laundry tub , a bath tub or a shower or a bucket of water and some soap or anything?

These are the sort of people that die in a 3 day electricity outage.

I use my laundry tub more than the kitchen sink for cookware because it's big enough to soak large pots and pans in.

Exactly what I thought. When we remodeled the kitchen on our first house eons ago I did dishes in the bathtub for months. Life goes on. Not to mention, SOMETHING will be open Christmas Eve (even if it's just 7/11). I'd get some paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils, maybe even plastic serving bowls and utensils and explain to the family what happened. Much less to wash that way. You know, one of things that repulses me most about DUmmie families is the men are such pansy-assed little pussies. I just hate that in a man.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
Exactly what I thought. When we remodeled the kitchen on our first house eons ago I did dishes in the bathtub for months. Life goes on. Not to mention, SOMETHING will be open Christmas Eve (even if it's just 7/11). I'd get some paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils, maybe even plastic serving bowls and utensils and explain to the family what happened. Much less to wash that way. You know, one of things that repulses me most about DUmmie families is the men are such pansy-assed little pussies. I just hate that in a man.

Cindie

Well, democrat men strive to be sensitive, nuanced, and compassionate. That usually results in their being sensitive, nuanced, compassionate, pansy-assed little pussies.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 12:01:12 AM »

Cindie

That, is exactly why conservative women are so much more sexy than liberal C****S!

(even I cannot post that word! "Toots" would kill me!