Author Topic: true blue primitive urges other primitives to clean up  (Read 523 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
true blue primitive urges other primitives to clean up
« on: November 20, 2009, 12:29:14 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7054612

Oh my.

It's not gonna happen.

tblue  (1000+ posts)       Fri Nov-20-09 01:26 PM
Original message

This Thanksgiving, be good to your host: Help Clean Up!

Men and teenagers and women guests, too. If someone has gone to all that trouble (and it's a LOT) to host you and feed you, the very least you can do is pitch in once the eating is over. This mean you, yes, YOU clear the table, rinse the dishes and pots, load the dishwasher, wipe the counters, and help store the leftovers, including that nasty turkey carcass. Somebody has to do it. Somebody always does it. When was the last time you did?

It will be tremendously appreciated by your Mama, Grandma, Auntie, sister, WIFE, daughter, neighbor or friend who was kind enough not to leave you out in the cold this holiday. And they will be even happier to invite you to return next year (without resenting you for sitting on your ass watching football while only one or two women clean up).

And here's another hint: If you start to help and she tells you don't bother, she's just being polite. Do it anyway, and don't stop. Until she physically takes a dirty pan out of your helping hands and shoves you out of the kitchen, she wants and needs you to do your part. As long as she is cleaning, every fed person over age 8 should be cleaning up, too. If you want to really, really blow her mind, shove HER out of the kitchen. Then afterward, you can all relax TOGETHER and have pie with that ice cream I'm sure you brought to share!

New bonfire; no primitives have shown up yet to express their outrage at the idea.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duchess

Re: true blue primitive urges other primitives to clean up
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »
Has this DUmmie ever noticed the state of properties where the DUmmies congregate in their "million-man marches" and other gatherings? They leave them trashed.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »
By the time the meal is over, most DUmmies will already have become infuriated and stomped off, slamming the door behind them. I cannot imagine how awful it would be to have a large family gathering that included loudmouth DUmmies. We have a couple who I am almost sure are democrat, but in many decades of family dinners, reunions, and celebrations I have yet to ever hear a single word of a political nature, one way or the other. Not one. We were all raised to believe that decent and civilized people do not discuss politics or religion at social events.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »
Some people, all women, finally responded.  Mostly agreeing.  One didn't want anybody mucking around her kitchen, potentially breaking Grandma's crystal.  Another told a long tale of woe about how unappreciative her FIL was with her T-giving dinner, which took HOURS AND HOURS to prepare, and HOURS AND HOURS to clean up after. 

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:23:13 PM »
Has this DUmmie ever noticed the state of properties where the DUmmies congregate in their "million-man marches" and other gatherings? They leave them trashed.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMrJE7J3fWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMrJE7J3fWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »
I bet this has never been a problem in conservative households.

As a matter of fact we use plastic cups and foam plates and plastic utensils, clean up is a breeze.