Author Topic: Powerful PR Firm Helps Campaign to Get Glenn Beck Off The Air  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Powerful PR Firm Helps Campaign to Get Glenn Beck Off The Air
« on: August 13, 2009, 05:36:35 PM »
Powerful PR Firm Helps Campaign to Get Glenn Beck Off The Air

As NewsBuster Matthew Vadum reported Wednesday, a race-baiting group named Color Of Change -- co-founded by President Obama's "Green Jobs Czar" Van Jones -- has launched a campaign to get companies to stop advertising on Glenn Beck's television program.

*snip*

On Monday, COC published the following press release concerning Beck listing Hatler as contact:

"We applaud GEICO and all of the other companies who have stepped forward to pull their ads from Glenn Beck," said James Rucker, executive director of ColorOfChange.org. "Beck's rhetoric is dangerous to the fabric of our democracy, and we are heartened that so many big companies feel the same way. We won't stop here -- we're going to continue our fight to see that as many of Beck's advertisers pull their support as possible."

Two weeks ago, ColorOfChange.org called on its 600,000-plus members to sign a petition urging companies who advertise on Glenn Beck to cut off their advertising support of his work. More than 75,000 members responded to the call by signing a petition directed at advertisers.

*snip*

When you add it all up, a current member of the Obama administration is co-founder of a group trying to get a conservative talker off the air, and is being assisted by a powerful New York PR firm.

And America's so-called journalists couldn't care less.

They're still pissed because Err Amerika failed all by itself.

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

Re: Powerful PR Firm Helps Campaign to Get Glenn Beck Off The Air
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »
"Former Staff

Van Jones (Co-founder, inactive)
While Van hasn't been active in the work of ColorOfChange in recent years, we are proud of where his work las led him. After helping ColorOfChange get started in 2005, Van moved on to other pursuits. In 2007, he founded and served as the executive director of Green For All, an organization dedicated to creating opportunities for low-income communities connected to the greater effort of addressing climate change. Van now serves as Special Advisor for Green Jobs at the White House Council on Environmental Quality."  http://colorofchange.org/about.html

No doubt their mission came from the White House.

The Irony of the Attack on Glenn Beck
Posted by Erick Erickson (Profile)
Thursday, August 13th at 2:19PM EDT
3 Comments
ColorofChange.org is asking people to “Stop Glenn Beck’s race bating.”

Meanwhile, where does the domain name http://www.KanyeWasRight.org/ point?

That’s right…ColorofChange.org

No irony there.

We must fight back. If they shut down Beck, they will be emboldened.
Redstate

No surprise that this group is racist.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:40:14 AM »
Where is the list of companies that have cut off advertising?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »
Where is the list of companies that have cut off advertising?

GEICO and Progressive are two of them.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »
Walmart, BestBuy, CVS Pharmacies are three more.  However it can be misleading , in that some of them never advertised on his show before and have merely requested that their ads not run there in the future.  One of the companies has made a new policy that they will not advertise on any commentary shows on any cable network, but I don't remember which one.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »
There's also a site that is in support of Glenn Beck and you can go on it and sign letters being sent to the companies that are "supposedly" withdrawing their advertising.

I read some of it, and there seems to be some question as to whether or not these companies are actually pulling their advertising.

I can't remember how I got to the site.. :thatsright:..it was Monday or Tuesday that I did it....

I found the first link on MSN.com...and went to about four or five different places....eventually I ended up at Glenn Beck's.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Manbearpig

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Worf is so fierce...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:08:15 PM »
Hey Obama...

"We think you're a joke
Shove your hope
Where it don't shine..."

-- "Shove It" by Santogold

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
I think it's http://defendglenn.com/

Which will also show you that the boycott isn't as successful as the people behind it are claiming.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »
More companies may be joining the boycott, but his ratings are going up, which will spur other companies to advertise on his show. :)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »
Yeah, I was going to ask what his ratings were. I seem to recall them being very high. Libtards forget that money talks.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 12:08:28 PM »
Yeah, I was going to ask what his ratings were. I seem to recall them being very high. Libtards forget that money talks.

I just read today, that his recent ratings are beating Hannity's ratings. When you compare early afternoon to prime time, that means he is killing the other cable news.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »
Here's the really sick stat--he's beating Olbertard 2-1, and Beck is in a far, far worse slot than Keef.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
Have his show on now.....it's also rerun here at 2AM.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
The man is unhinged............but I heart him
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »
The man is unhinged............but I heart him

He's crazy in a sane way.  Like me.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 08:16:06 AM »
He does great research and his humor is only matched by maybe Boortz.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »
You know, someone posted a video of Glenn talking about the struggles he's faced in his life and why he's the way he is. It's well worth watching again. He gained even more respect from me when I saw that.

Screw the DUmmies.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 08:09:21 PM »
You know, someone posted a video of Glenn talking about the struggles he's faced in his life and why he's the way he is. It's well worth watching again. He gained even more respect from me when I saw that.

Screw the DUmmies.

Beck, normal guy and someone I can relate to. O'Reilly, egotistical and arrogant New England prick who would most certainly look down on middle America.

....no, that's not an implication of ALL people in NE. I know there are tons of normal people up there.

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »
I know Pat Gray pretty well.  I met him when he was at KPRC in Houston in 2003.  Pat was Glenn's broadcast partner in Tampa, and Pat is probably main reason that Glenn is alive today.  Pat is a Mormon and got Glenn in the CLDS.

Now Pat is working with Glenn on the radio show in New York.

As for this BS "Advertisers Boycott', let me point out a few things.

Beck's Radio show is syndicated by Premier Radio Networks, which also carries Limbaugh and Hannity.  They are owned by Clear Channel, which is now a private company.  These guys can easily eat a temporary loss in advertising income.

Beck's TV show is on Fox News, a subsidiary of NewsCorp which is controlled by Rupert Murdoch, who has enough cash to outlast any boycott on Earth.