Author Topic: Having a problem with shoutbox  (Read 4790 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Having a problem with shoutbox
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:26 AM »
I managed to post a couple of shout this morning, but then it failed to show any more. They seem to have got lost in the system. Is it a board issue or could it be at my end?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Having a problem with shoutbox
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 04:45:46 AM »
I managed to post a couple of shout this morning, but then it failed to show any more. They seem to have got lost in the system. Is it a board issue or could it be at my end?

It happens at my end too, and I always thought it was because I'm using Windows98 from this temporary computer, and Explorer instead of Firefox.

Usually I just constantly "refresh."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 04:52:30 AM »
It happens at my end too, and I always thought it was because I'm using Windows98 from this temporary computer, and Explorer instead of Firefox.

Usually I just constantly "refresh."
I'm using windows XP and firefox so we seem to have all bases covered, it must be a temporary glitch then, I've never had a problem before.

Offline kenth

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »
Is it possible to reverse the order of posts in the Shoutbox? If there's an option in settings, I've completely missed it. Having the order of messages with newest at top is alien to me.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:23:44 PM »
Is it possible to reverse the order of posts in the Shoutbox? If there's an option in settings, I've completely missed it. Having the order of messages with newest at top is alien to me.

I have to disable refresh, and scroll down to the bottom and read up.  Just to catch up.   

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »
I have to disable refresh, and scroll down to the bottom and read up.  Just to catch up.   

I don't use the shoutbox much and keep it closed, but when I do read it, I do it that way.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:53:35 AM »
I don't use the shoutbox much and keep it closed, but when I do read it, I do it that way.

me too.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:52 PM »
I don't use Shoutbox